Show off your TAMA !

Thanks! Yeah, the Ocean Fade is beautiful. I love it today as much as I loved it when I first bought it. The pictures do no justice though; you can see the wood grain through the lighter parts and there's more sea green going on in real life as well. This picture captures the finish pretty good:

vrg7pc.jpg

But still, not as much of the green as you would see in real life...

Looks good, BP.

Are those Pinstripes on your toms? How do they sound and what are you using for resos?

And have you abandoned the homemade octobans?

Earthshaker - that's one badass kit. Mind if I ask how long you've been acquiring that stuff? Or did you go hog wild with your inheritance and get it all at once? Looking at your kit makes me wonder if I should start considering a rack myself.

Hope you've got a roadie to haul that monster around for you...

Earthshaker - that's one badass kit. Mind if I ask how long you've been acquiring that stuff? Or did you go hog wild with your inheritance and get it all at once? Looking at your kit makes me wonder if I should start considering a rack myself.

Hope you've got a roadie to haul that monster around for you...

Thanks !
I've been playing drums for years now, selling, trading sets, cymbals & things...
I just sold my previous performers, the PAISTE cymbals I was playing then (Switched to ZILDJIAN recently), etc....
One important thing to notice is that I'm a TAMA endorsee - 30% off of the "official" price -

:)

Looks good, BP.

Are those Pinstripes on your toms? How do they sound and what are you using for resos?

And have you abandoned the homemade octobans?

Hey M1ck,
No, they are Powerstroke 3's, and I recently replaced all tom reso's by coated ambassadors - beautiful sound.
The home-made octobans are still being used, the 22" is now on the right of the floor tom but it is not shown in the picture. I don't use them as much as I used to, though.

Cool, you see them on ebay but not a lot, best of luck with that. Can't wait to see it completed.

...well now the see it completed is getting closer.
Here are a couple of pics from the heap of cordia I've got my hands on in the last few weeks here in Finland. The set still needs new skins and so but the main frame is about right now though I won't be using more than 2-3 of these toms in the setup. The ics are 800x600 which unfortunately takes some sharpness and dick from them. The 8x14 snare that came along but is not in these pics is already in a vault - naah just joking but believe me it's a beast and a beauty in same dress and her kiss is aaaaaaaah...

Attachments

• cordia 009 (3).jpg
    cordia 009 (3).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 5,857
Last edited:
Heres my Tama Kit,,,,

i am currently waiting tama to resend my second bass drum back because they sent me a bass drum with a lug on, and one with out. i didnt want the lugs

The Kit is a starclassic B/Bfx Bubinga and Birch

the colour is White Silk

Mydrums.jpg

n1206250690_30055377_1976.jpg

and demonstrated by my girl friend lol
MrsmOO.jpg

Wow, some beautiful Tama kits up in here! Here is my late '90's Tama Rockstar. Cymbals are Paiste 2002, 3000, Sound Formula, Signature. Wuhan china.

95raty.jpg

5ajlg2.jpg

Heres what mine looks like, but with one less rack tom... and the toms are bigger.

Taking donations for a better set...

Attachments

• 107-RM.jpg
    107-RM.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 5,322
Nice photo's, Paiste2002. Is that a Fyberskin on your snare?

Thanks, and yes it is. I love the fact you can crank it down pretty good yet still get a nice warm tone, and also its durable. The snare is a Mapex Black Panther birds-eye maple.

MY TAMA SWINGSTAR

16kt6k4.jpg

2z6e9f4.jpg

Wow some really great kits here. The above is what mine looks like but that may all change soon. I am stripping the wrap and will colour/then varnish the shells. Have not picked a colour just yet though. Thinking somewhere along the lines of a light oak. (All this subject time etc). Oh, and of course, no forthcoming gigs!. :)

Last edited:
Here's a SCP set I had for a while. Mostly used for "less than savory" gigs.
My bass player re cut all the bearing edges to a 45 inside and a 35 outside ( if I recall correctly). Helped the tuning stability tons. I should mention that the edges were shot from orig. owners neglect and abuse.
I took so many stickers off this set with goo gone....I just can't stand to think about it LOL.
It had the standard 10,12,14 toms with a 22x16 kick. I gave the tama snare to a friend. That silver one is a homemade job. Didn't sound half bad but I sold it with the kit.
It was also the "put every china or kina sounding cymbal I own" on it kit :D
One day I'll buy another Tama kit just have one around.
TstarP2.jpg

TstarP3.jpg

Well I put up pics of mine when I first found this thread but now they are gone sooo, here they are.

Attachments

• Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5,053
This is my old Tama Swingstar kit. I bought it new in like 1986. It's been around the world several times. I finally retired her and bought a set of O.C.D.P.'s

Tama.jpg

Back