Ludwig Rocker ll Hardware

Ace

Recently, for nearly next to nothing, I acquired a Ludwig Rocker II. It has four mountable toms along with a floor and a kick. One might be glad to have obtained a Rocker II, such as I, however, I have no method with which to mount the four mountable toms, nor stand the floor tom as it is missing the legs and the kick is missing a spur- which, I'm fortunate to have one spur to draw reference for sizing the replacement pair. Standing as it is now, though, I have no way to effectively "setup" the Rocker II. So, i should need something with which to mount these toms and stand these land lubbing floor and kick drums. I have been reading and asking, at least, what i think are the right questions on the intro-nets for answers to help me, alas, I have turned to the forum for input.

I am looking to find how to determine the appropriate sizes of the arms for the mountable toms, and what size arms I should look to gain for these toms. I have learned that the legs for a Ludwig Downbeat's foot tom's legs fit my legless Rocker II, and similarly the kick drum mounting system for the Downbeat 1969 fits the Rocker II's mountable toms, but I do not want my Downbeat sharing pieces with the Rocker II- what would the size then be for the Downbeat 1969? Therein is my answer for the peculiarly sized Rocker II, with its magnanimous depth of shell and dainty (and by dainty, I mean classic) bracket sizes.

What about the Kick spurs? My Tama's spurs fit the Rocker II, however, similarly, I do not want them sharing parts! -and again, despite my sounding obsessive compulsive, I would like to be more sure as to what the "standard" could be that the Tama spurs might fit a Rocker II. The lone spur belonging to my Rocker II looks like an old Tama spur, anyhow, so I am not just aiming to buy more Ludwig hardware if I do not need them.

So there it is! I appreciate any input or answers as to what the sizes for those older Ludwig brackets are and what spurs you might think would fit my kick!

Buenos Dias!

Re: General questions on specific hardware - the Ludwig Rocker II

Gilbratar has lots of hardware and you might find what you need, and can order through MF. I measured an old import set with calipers, and was able to get the sizes I needed for everything, including a new set of tom legs, which are just great. My tom somehow became missing one leg and I had to buy a set of 3, but the price was good.

Re: General questions on specific hardware - the Ludwig Rocker II

I have a Rocker II as well. Any 9.5mm mounting arms and floor tom legs will fit just fine.

Thanks for your responses. I've started buying the appropriate tom arms and such... I am still missing one of the original bass spurs and have given up finding those parts.. I think I'm going to retro-fit it with some new brackets and spurs that don't go directly into the drum. Pearl has some pretty nice hardware, would any of you also have good input for spur/bracket replacements?

Thanks for your responses. I've started buying the appropriate tom arms and such... I am still missing one of the original bass spurs and have given up finding those parts.. I think I'm going to retro-fit it with some new brackets and spurs that don't go directly into the drum. Pearl has some pretty nice hardware, would any of you also have good input for spur/bracket replacements?

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'd highly recommend replacing the spurs, even if it requires drilling. The originals do very little to prevent creep, and I've had one of mine strip out recently. I'd say anything Pearl would be solid enough. Another (albeit more expensive) alternative, is to replace two of the lugs with Ludwig's new ATLAS mounts and use their drill-less spur system: http://www.ludwig-drums.com/atlas/accessories_lac2973sp.php

Back