Show your wood

The inside of his mega hoop is natural, no stain, does that count?

And the top of my wood rims on the toms are natural too ;)

And there's some wood in the backgroung.. at least you can give my kit a chance to be in this thread ;)

And the top of my wood rims on the toms are natural too ;)

And there's some wood in the backgroung.. at least you can give my kit a chance to be in this thread ;)

Your kits are very, very beautiful, but they are stained (colored) and should not be in this thread.

You should start a thread "Show your CANADIAN drums!" There are many people here who own and make Canadian drums (Ayotte, Unix and others) here and I don't think there is any thread for them. You can start it with your amazing Vadou custom drums!

Oh well, i'm really sorry. But the thing is that the people on this forum have seen enough my Vaudou kit ( i can see the sarcasm in all the reply ). I don't know if i'm right or not but there's like 90% of people here that dosen't like custom kit, they live only for DW, Gretsch, Tama, Pearl, Mapex.. etc. I know i can't express myself with the right words because of my bad english, but i understand very well, and many people here are not very happy for me about my new purchase. If i has buy a beautiful vintage blue sparkle gretsch kit, a lot of people on this forum will reply and say to me that my kit is just amazing and probably tell to me that i did a really great buying.

Like every Custom drum brand, i just wanted to show my Vaudou drum to more and more people here. But now i know that is a waste of time, and there a really minor percentage of people who enjoy the fact that Vaudou Drum is a good drum company.

I'm a good guy in life, i don't like to piss off people but it seems like few people here just dosen't like people from Canada maybe, or Canadian Drum Brand. And this is really sad.

Like the people here like to say '' Just my 2 cent "

Oh well, i'm really sorry. But the thing is that the people on this forum have seen enough my Vaudou kit ( i can see the sarcasm in all the reply ). I don't know if i'm right or not but there's like 90% of people here that dosen't like custom kit, they live only for DW, Gretsch, Tama, Pearl, Mapex.. etc. I know i can't express myself with the right words because of my bad english, but i understand very well, and many people here are not very happy for me about my new purchase. If i has buy a beautiful vintage blue sparkle gretsch kit, a lot of people on this forum will reply and say to me that my kit is just amazing and probably tell to me that i did a really great buying.

Like every Custom drum brand, i just wanted to show my Vaudou drum to more and more people here. But now i know that is a waste of time, and there a really minor percentage of people who enjoy the fact that Vaudou Drum is a good drum company.

I'm a good guy in life, i don't like to piss off people but it seems like few people here just dosen't like people from Canada maybe, or Canadian Drum Brand. And this is really sad.

I love your kit. I love custom kits. It really doesn't bother me where the kit is made.

I don't think I've heard someone insult you or your kit on this thread. Maybe you had that impression because we are saying it should not be on this thread because it's a stained kit.

Not to say the drum kit isn't gorgeous! I think it's a great design and look. But this thread is for natural wood with no stain.

I hope this clears something up :)

No way man, you got that wrong. I love most custom drums & dislike many global drum brands. I also prefer wood finishes to wraps. As already said, it's just an observation on the fact that your kit is mostly sained wood, & the OP wanted this thread to feature unstained wood. Nothing more than that.

BTW, loving the photo taken in the woods!

I think your English is fine, but you might want to read my original posts. I said your drums are beautiful and I even think you should start a thread for people who have Canadian drums. I own custom drums so I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I believe in it.

It's just that this thread is for a very certain type of drum: Natural, uncolored wood. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer and people are welcome to put up pictures of CB 700, DW, Vaudou or any other kind of drums, as long as they are natural wood finish.

Oh well thanks guys. I don't want to start a fight with anyones here ! I learn a lot of nice things here on this forum. And i will start a new thread for Canadian customs drums for sure.
Thanks for understanding me.

wow, ironwood is awesome!! below is my Fortune Drums kit built from Keller vintage shells in 10, 12, 14, 14x5, 20 w/ African Ribbon Mahogany. although these are not like the normal "modern vintage" shells they offer that are pretty thick. these are a a special run of 8 ply w/ African Ribbon Mahogany inside and out with a Birch core. there are also thin stock maple rings in graduated widths inside fabbed by Dale at FD. enjoy ! Geoff in Atlanta

n596576758_1930195_7033.jpg

I really love the satin finish on these shells. Mine have a satin sealant - and that's it, no oils or preservatives.

Here's a few more I've built:

Honduras rosewood:

attachment.php

Teak:

attachment.php

Pau Amarillo:

attachment.php

Bubinga:

attachment.php

This purpleheart w/ 24k Gold hardware got a favorable review in MD:

attachment.php

And a drumkit from Ash:

attachment.php

Here's some of mine...

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,507
  • Boss_Bones 3.jpg
    Boss_Bones 3.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 1,559
  • DSC06158.jpg
    DSC06158.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 1,521
  • Ben Walnut 1.jpg
    Ben Walnut 1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,555
  • IMG_3693.JPG
    IMG_3693.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,543
  • Mike 2.jpg
    Mike 2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,441
  • Snare_01_Large.jpg
    Snare_01_Large.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,555
  • Zebrawood.jpg
    Zebrawood.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,469
  • user2583_pic2039_1249305382.jpg
    user2583_pic2039_1249305382.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 1,507
Unix, what an amazing portrait of your work, is that in catalogue form? Should be, nice stuff. That is my next tutorial, I need to learn to make wood hoops, I salvaged a bunch of oak flooring and thought it's density and hardness would be great hoop material, but I don't see it used, is there a drawback to using oak for hoops?

Back