My Whitney Drums Nesting Penguin kit!!! =)

Zorlee

I just received an e-mail from JT Whitney with pictures of my brand SPANKING new Nesting Penguin kit from Whitney drums. It's a never-tried-before Walnut stain with woodhoops!
And I'm LOVING it!!! 10" x 7", 12" x 7", 15" x 11 and 18" x 16" + 13" x 5" snare.
And the best part - they all nest together inside the bassdrum! Woho! (two toms + snare inside the bassdrum)
I will post more pictures when I get it, but for now - enjoy:

Attachments

• P6040256.JPG
    P6040256.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 9,002
  • P6040258.JPG
    P6040258.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 8,570
  • P6040259.JPG
    P6040259.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 9,712
  • P6040260.JPG
    P6040260.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 7,379
  • P6040263.JPG
    P6040263.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 11,970
Very nice Zorlee. Any idea what that bass drum will weigh when its full of drums??

OMG!!! Amazing! Wow. Do want, now. Awesome finish, great looking stuff. Keep me posted on the sound, etc.

wow they are some gorgeous drums! bet theyll be brill for small club gigs etc etc.

p.s. loving the axis (i think) longboards :p bit of single foot heel toe in the store eh?

That's nice! I remember you asking for help from graphic designers on what colour you wanted, I see you made a wonderful choice!
Can't wait to hear some sounds if you get the chance to record them.

wow they are some gorgeous drums! bet theyll be brill for small club gigs etc etc.

p.s. loving the axis (i think) longboards :p bit of single foot heel toe in the store eh?

yeah they are longboards. The "standard" boards look like this:
AX-A_PAGE.jpg

Anyway i bet Leigh and Preston would like the whole "penguin" aspect eh jack? :p

bram said:
But don't the toms and snare damage the bassdrum when they're inside it??

If you look at the drums i suspect that's one of the reasons they're not built with any sticky out metal parts like normal drums.

Looks Great! I'm glad to learn that you got them. I really want a kit like that, but I just can't spring for them at the moment.

It took me about 15 seconds to realize that's a full-size kit. It looked like a miniature paperweight until I saw the Axis pedals. Very unique look!

It took me about 15 seconds to realize that's a full-size kit. It looked like a miniature paperweight until I saw the Axis pedals. Very unique look!
Yea, The photos don't do the kit justice. I saw one in NYC about a year ago and it is a work of drum art! It is also a serious kit!

I've heard these kits, and they sound louder than their size, also. Beauty. Congrats.

Back