Drums ETC, october-november 2014 edition

Good job Daniel. Nice article, definitely some great stuff to think about. Actually several good articles in the magazine. Thank you for sharing that with us.

A very succinct article Daniel. Straight to the point with examples. The breakdown tells it's own story without the need for too much theorising. Accessible articles are always more effective at delivering the message, & I think you got this one right on the money.

Actually, thinking about it, Floyd's "Money" would be a great follow on example of rhythm - vocal interplay/crossover :)

Thanks a lot. I was asked to write about musicality in drumming and I thought that the first thing drummers should know about, if they wanted to be more musical with their drumming, was form and structure. I talked about that in the first article and then in this one, I analyzed some specific songs. Hopefully, this will inspire drummers to be more aware of what they are doing.

Thanks for reading.

A very succinct article Daniel. Straight to the point with examples. The breakdown tells it's own story without the need for too much theorising. Accessible articles are always more effective at delivering the message, & I think you got this one right on the money.

Actually, thinking about it, Floyd's "Money" would be a great follow on example of rhythm - vocal interplay/crossover :)

Back