Hello! I've started a beginner drum blog

Hello everybody.
Pleasure to meet you!

Let me start by saying that the Drummerworld forums have already been a huge help to me. The amount of info here is overwhelming and I can't wait to spend more time sifting through it. There is an answer here for every single drum question I've searched online since I've started learning. I'm also very impressed by the positivity and support of the community.

I've been meaning to join Drummerworld for a while now, and am excited to have finally done it. I started playing last November. After trying lots of other instruments over the years (piano, violin, french horn, clarinet, flute, recorder, guitar, etc etc) I've finally found one that works for me. There are some things that are tricky about learning an new instrument as an adult (I'm in my mid-30s) but at least now I actually practice!

The experience of other beginner drummers is very interesting to me - what people are working on, find to be helpful, struggles, etc. I started a blog about my own experience (www.leanneislearningtodrum.com) and I'd love some feedback and discussion from other drummers, new and experienced.
So check it out and lets talk!

:) Leanne

First off, welcome to the forums. I know you will find a ton of support from others who have been in your shoes. The blog seems to be going well and you definitely have a flair for writing. As you said, so far, so good.

Remember: Have Fun! That is far more important than anything else when learning.

You read it! Cool. And thanks, eclipseownzu! You might just be the first person who read my blog who wasn't forced to because they know me in real life and i made them do it.
This makes you officially my favourite person on the Internet right now. :)

Welcome to Drummerworld. Nice dogs. Dogs and trucks just seem to go together.​
Cool that you have a teacher, and are working on a pad. I think that direction early on really helps. And it also defines a sense of commitment. Lots of people start out behind a kit ..... and six months later, the sets up for sale or in the closet. But lessons and pad work, that shows dedication.​

You read it! Cool. And thanks, eclipseownzu! You might just be the first person who read my blog who wasn't forced to because they know me in real life and i made them do it.
This makes you officially my favourite person on the Internet right now. :)

Two things I love about this. First is the fact that you spelled favorite with a "u". Always cool! Second is, obviously, being your favorite person on the internet. That is a huge pool of people to choose from. I feel special.

Back