INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Eyvind
Age? 28
How long have you been playing? For about three years.
Origin of user name? A buddy of mine made it by an mistake trying to spell my name on that T9 autospell on his cellphone.
Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order: George Kollias, Jamie Saint Merat, Adam Jarvis, Blake Richardson, Kevin Foley. I'm very into Death metal drumming. It's awesome.
Make of drumkit? Electric: Roland TD9. Acoustic: Pearl VB 8-piece.
Make of cymbal? Zildijan zht 14" hi-hat, Meinl 16" classic custom extreme metal crash, Meinl 18" classic custom extreme metal crash, Zildjian Avedis Medium Ride 20″, Wuhan 18" China, Stagg SH8" splash, Meinl HCS 16" trash-crash.
Where do you practice? At home when playing by myself on my acoustic set. When with my band; at a cabin were renting to practice. There i have my e-kit playing through a computer.
Are you in a band? See answer above :p
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? My band (http://thepunch.name) play rock'n roll mainly. When by myself i'm very into pantera songs at this time.
Favourite take out food? PIZZAAAA, with pepperoni mmmm
What country do you live in? Norway
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm left handed, but my kit is set up right handed. I'm special.
How did you start drumming? For many years been very fascinated by drumming. Been mentioning to my girl too many times how cool it would be to play drums. And for my 25th birthday, voila, the e kit was in our livingroom. Bitten by the bug and a house with garage from last year, i invested in the pearl kit. So, life story aside and to the point; always thought it seemed interesting.

I've posted on this site previously but I'm starting anew since I'm a newly single man living with my sister in Indiana.

I'm 48 and disabled and confined to a wheelchair. I have proficient use of my legs, feet and arms but I don't hit a drum that hard and I have to use Vater kid sticks since conventional sticks are too unwieldy for me. As for background information when I was a preteen my parents paid for me to take lessons from a fairly well regarded jazz drummer for two years. I adapted to the kit fairly well to the point that when it was decided that i should upgrade my kit I got one of those, and be reminded this was in the 70's, my folks bought me one of the few Pearl fiberglass shell kits Pearl made that I kept until I had to have major surgery to correct a scoliosis condition. When I returned to the kit my interest waned and so I sold that kit to a church band. BTW, I have heard those old fiberglass kits Pearl made are now selling for thousands.

Fast forward to about two years ago...I started wanting to play again and I bought with my then wife's permission a four piece Sonor bop kit for a little over three hundred bucks. What I didn't realize before I bought the kit that the rack tom holder was placed so far near the front of the bass drum shell that it was difficult for me to reach comfortably.

Now I'm divorced and I want to buy a small kit with a suspension mount for the rack tom. Some companies I have learned sell shell packs with suspension mounts that are affordable. I was psyched about the Yamaha Rock Tour three piece with mahogany shells. Then I read six pages of a thread here on the new Ludwig signet 105 with maple shells. Then I saw on the MF site the Mapex birch shell packs all of which are reasonably priced. I have now a question that a novice would ask: What are the resonance/projection differences between mahogany, maple and birch shells.
I invite any responses or questions about me or my gear dreams

I am an old "new" drummer. I got my first set for Christmas when I was 6. It was just a toy 5 piece set. I think it even had paper heads on it. I was a big Kiss fan at the time and I saw a video where Peter Chris smashed his sticks through his drums so I went in my basement and did the same. Not a smart move. I did not get another one or those fixed. Then at 15 I took about 10 lessons until my report card came and that ended that. So now, at 40, I went and bought myself a kit. 5 piece Pearl Forum series. Mid-life crisis? Maybe...but this is something I have always loved so I said why not. I was surprised that what I learned at 15 came back to me. I was also surprised that I am picking it up pretty quick. I take these lessons online and I am now up to lesson 8. I don't know a song yet but some of my drummer friends told me ACDC back in black is a good song to start with. I am learning how to read music. At my age I have no dream of going on a world tour or becoming the next great drummer. I just want to play and jam with some friends. Never to old to rock out. Anyway, thats my story.

Hey guys I hope I'm not too late

Real name? clyde

Age? I'm old

How long have you been playing? 20 years (on and off)

Origin of user name? I don't even know

Your top 5 drummers? I like them all, the more I can borrow/steal ideas the better

Make of drumkit? DW Collectors-Ludwig Metal Snares

Make of cymbal? Zildjian

Where do you practice? Home

Are you in a band? Not at the moment, expecting our first child spending time with my wife

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Rock, Top 40

Favourite take out food? Anything WITHOUT CHEESE

What country do you live in? US

One really odd fact about yourself? There's probably a lot but nothing really sticks out at the moment, ride cymbal on my left?

How did you start drumming? curiosity pretty much and then took it seriously (books, lessons and lots and lots and lots of practice)

Hello guys!

I'm Theo, have been playing drums since I was 14 I think I'm 31 now, and was playing professionally for some years! Now I'm writing my own music and instead of playing drums on stage i play piano and sing! I usually record the drums but then at gigs I prefer not to play as it doesn't look that good if the singer is drumming! :-(
I'm based in London UK and the music that I write is alternative rock!
I posted a really stupid 'street drumming' vid on YouTube the other day, perfect to show to the drumming community how nuts I am! :)
Have a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGB6NNyoCAk&list=PL4eZ3uwk6ltVJpzhG90Kw5rhfw5GBP5EW

Cheers
Theo

What up all names Chris not half drummer some of you guys here are but I'll put my passion against anyone. Big Yamaha fan no big highlights less you count opening for a local band named RumbleFish many times from ATL back in the late 90's now know as Sevendust . Great site has me on drum overload ATM.

Ok...
Now it's my turn to introduce myself.
My name is Piotr Kurzbauer .. but every one call me kurz (german spelling is QRC)
I am 40 years have wife kids and full time job not connected with music. I live in EU
I started playing drums in 80's . My Dad don't allow me to be a pro musician and told me to go to Technical University and it was i did.
All that time I was playing with local bands earning pennies (jazz, rock, pop).
All the time I was surrounded by pro musicians.
Now I have a Sonor SQ2 (BD24, TT13, FT16), Old Sonor Star (BD20, TT8, TT10, FT15)
and Sonor Designer (BD20, TT8, TT10, FT13, FT14) with Sonor snares and 3 full sets of cymbals (Zildjian K's, Paiste Giant beat, Sabian Encore)
The sad true is that my bandsmats who are pro musicians nearly die of starvation.
My damn father was right, but it took me years to understand.

Hi everybody,my name is Steph Honde.
I'm not a drummer but I love drums ,I play guitar and sing.
I think that a band without a good drummer and good singer is not good.

I have a band called "THE HOLLYWOOD MONSTERS'
We gonna release and album called "BIG TROUBLE ".The album will be in store worlwide in May 2014.
Vinny Appice is the drummer, Tim Bogert plays bass and Don Airey and Paul Dianno are featured as guests on one song each.

Here's some links:

http://stephanehonde.wix.com/hollywoodmonsters

https://soundcloud.com/thehollywoodmonsters/underground

:)

Hello All,

My name is Tam Baker, I am from Glasgow, I have been playing drums for a good while now, seriously since I studies music performance in 2005.
I play a mapex venus series 5 piece drum kit with various makes of cymbals.
I play in a band called MUKA and have recently released our first E.P. after just 9 months and are planning on doing our first mini UK wide tour!

So please feel free to check us out. I would love some feedback on the drums as my recording experience is in its infancy so to speak.

www.facebook.com/mukaband
www.soundcloud.com/muka_band

Many thanks,

Hey all. My name is Mike. I'm a regular guy with an addiction. Playing, studying, teaching and gear. I've been behind the trap since around 1987.

Hope to share different experiences with others.

hi ,, im mark

i been playing arount 23 years ,,,

few albums and eps done with a couple of under the radar bands ,,

nice ti be here

heres something i did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVyWnptNJzM

sumthin else http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bqhY31PBug

album.php

Last edited:
hey thanks dre25

i wish we hadnt split either but shit happens you know ,,,,, ,,
many factors ,,, tooo many to expand on ,

im glad you percieve i have an approach ,,,

the trodden path was never for me tho eh!

Hi fellow drummers. I just signed on here today and here are my vital statistics. Very interesting to read about all of you. :^)

Real Name? Randall Thomasson

Age? 63

How Long Playing? Off and on (more off) since 1966. I am starting lessons next week and I want to get back to the basics. My friend Brian thinks I'm the best drummer in town. I'm flattered for sure but I really do need guidance, more so at my age. :^)

Origin Of User Name? I had a 20 pound Norwegian Forest Cat named Tubbers. He was a beautiful, awesome cat. I always miss him. :^(

My Top 5 Fave Drummers? Ginger Baker...Ric Lee (10 Years After)....Corky Lang (Mountain)....Mitch Mitchell & Gene Krupa.

Make Of Kit? I currently have a Premier set but am selling it to buy an electronic set. My ears, girlfriend and neighbors can't take the acoustic noise anymore. Over the years I've been to many rock concerts, did a lot of target shooting and also did building demolition for about 20 years and that's had an effect on my ears for sure. At least with the e-set I can control the volume.

Where Do You Practice? In my garage & bedroom.

Are You In A Band? No, but I like to jam with my friend Brian on guitar. We've got to snag a bass player.

Play Covers Or Originals? I'm partial to covers and my friend Brian has some originals.

What Style Of Music? Rock, mostly.

Favorite Take Out Food? Don't do much take out unless it's a doggy bag from our favorite Thai restaurant in town.

What Country Do You Live In? The U.S.A. Enumclaw, WA

Odd Fact About Yourself? My right thumb curves inward. Both my Mother's thumbs curved outward.

How Did You Start Drumming? I can't remember exactly but it was most likely from going to my first concert in SF to see Big Brother & Janis at the Avalon Ballroom. But I think it was Mitch Mitchell (Fire) and then Ginger Baker (Toad) who really got me going. :^)

Actuall, I have been a member since 2009, my last activity was in 2011, so,
I am actually returning to post after a period of focusing on my drumming career.
Hope to see some old friends here.

i drifted over from the now defunct www.tightheads.org and was known as Phil2007.

Oh...btw...I'm Phil!

Last edited:
Realizing that its in the BLOOD!

Hey guys and gals! Haven't been around for awhile. Stepped away from the kit, sold all my gear and put down the sticks. Apartment life makes it tough to practice when I want and need to. I made the decision to put it all away-pack it in-throw in the towel. Give it up. Finding a band to play for seemed near impossible and I got into a rut in my playing. I was discouraged and lacked the passion to play that I mostly retained from my more youthful day. Now at closing in on 52 years old, I feel a flicker, a faint but ever present pilot light glowing. I thought I could completely extinguish my love of the instrument and just be the guy with memories of bygone days of blissful grooving and that would be that. Now I'm not so sure that that is my mind set. I still drum on everything. When I'm at a stoplight, its the steering wheel and dash (floor boards make a great kick sound) When at home its my lap or table of some sort. It drive the wife crazy. She asked me the other day when I was going to stop kidding myself and start playing again. That got me thinking and starting to go revisit forums and really examine my life with and without drums.
Sorry that this post went a little long. This is the first time in a while I have posted anything on a drummer forum.. It feels almost natural to be here. I realize that it feels in natural to not be playing. -James

Pearlygates, sounds like it's time to get back in the game, man!
Awesome post, by the way.

Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!Greetings from Aus.

Hello fellow drummers,my name is Mark and I am from Sydney Australia,been playing for roughly 10 years on and off,my first major influence was Stewart Copeland(The Police)some other influences include: Dave Weckl,Steve Gadd,Simon Phillips,Jeff Porcaro,Alex Van Halen and Steve Smith to name a few,I currently play in a rock covers band and my weapon of choice at the moment is a drumcraft series 8 acrylic 5 piece with Sabian Dave Weckl signature series HHX Evolutions and a gibraltar rack with pearl cymbal /Hihat stands and a pearl eliminator demon drive bass drum pedal,love this set up,currently using remo pinstripes/ambassadors on toms and kick drum and a clear black dot on the snare,great to have joined this forum,looking forward to being a part of it.This is a link to a short video of my band live complete with stuff ups,hope you enjoy. https://vimeo.com/88236876 password is: cry

Attachments

• IMG_6770013068386.jpeg
    IMG_6770013068386.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_37080125071432.jpeg
    IMG_37080125071432.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
Back