100 year old mahogany

I knew there was a reason I pinned this tab so I see it every time the internet is open :).

Discovered this thread just recently... What a stunning project you're having there!
Looks like great craftsmanship and a huge workload. Can't wait for the result and to learn whether you'll keep this shell set.

Those shells are absolutely gorgeous!

Incredible work. That kit is gonna blow the pants off anyone who walks in the room. Thanks for sharing your project with us.

Holy Carp!!! Sorry I'm late to the party. That is absolutely stunningly gorgeous, you should be very proud of your work, I wish I had those skills & that patience. Looking forward to seeing and hearing the completed build.

OK not quite there, but I did get one tom into the finished stage. It still needs to come apart one more time for a little lug adjustment and the tension rods are too long, so I was not able to tune it up yet. I wet sanded the shell with grits 600,800,1000,1500,2000 and 2500. Always seems weird taking sandpaper to a close to finished shell, but after the sanding and buffing with a couple stages of polish, the end result speaks for itself

Then a coat of Danish oil to the inside, and assemble using quality allen head fasteners

Loctite is used to help things stay tight

you sir, are a master woodworker! that drum is amazing looking. I don't even care how it sounds, that kit will be stunning~!

Quite possible the nicest set of drums I have ever seen!

Do you make custom drums to order, or is this a one off type thing? I will be in the market for a nice high quality kit in the next 6 months or so. I would love to talk about sending my business your way.

Back