Johnny's DW kit!!!

how do you like the pitch progression between 13->14->16? i'd thought something more common with that size bass drum would be 13->16->18, or 14->16->18.

looks beautiful though!

I went with smaller tom sizes to reduce cost. I don't regret it one bit! They sound much deeper than they look. I actually did some research and got the sizes from Vince Neil's former drummer Vik Foxx (Modern Drummer, Nov. 1993) who had the same size floor toms on both sides but actually played a 28" bass drum. His rack tom was a 10x12, while mine is a 9x13.

love the kit but gotta admit the bass drum makes those floor-toms look really tiny..lol

congrats on the purchase,
Bonzolead

love the kit but gotta admit the bass drum makes those floor-toms look really tiny..lol

congrats on the purchase,
Bonzolead

Thanks dude! LOL!

Oh and by the way... BONHAM RULES!!! Just got back from seeing the Jason Bonham Led Zep Experience. It was AMAZING!!!

Check out the link to the video I took.
http://youtu.be/ZQOJ1qWN07A

I took over the kid's lounge (she NEVER used it) and turned it into a mancave/woodshed. My drumkit "Mjolnir" now has a new home. I had to pull it out of the warm garage as the wrap/finish ply started to slightly bubble on the top of the bass drum.. Luckily, I was able to work the bubble out to where you can't tell at all. I decorated the room as well as I could and YES, I know the walls are purple. I will repaint them when I have the time. For now, it's good enough.

Attachments

• New room 001.JPG
    New room 001.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 3,806
  • New room 004.JPG
    New room 004.JPG
    372.9 KB · Views: 3,748
  • New room 005.JPG
    New room 005.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 3,761
  • New room 007.JPG
    New room 007.JPG
    357.8 KB · Views: 3,744
Beautiful kit.

I'm impressed with the name you've given it too. Names scare me. I'm afraid that if I name something it'll start getting its own ideas and rebel.

I salute your drumming and your courage.

Great looking kit, if it sounds as great it looks, then you must be very happy man :)

Just wondering, I recently got the same Tama snare, how do you tune it?

The kit sounds absolutely AMAZING! I had a real pro come over and help me tune it. The bass drum sounds as big as it looks. As far as the snare, it is incredible. The crack sounds much better than I ever thought it would for a metal snare drum. I though about getting a DW brass snare in the future, but as of now I placed that idea aside because I'm so happy with the Tama. We started out a little on the high/tight side for the snare and then slowly tuned down a bit to where we thought the crack was just right. Eventually, I'd like to get some recording software so everyone can hear how well it sounds. Thank you all for your compliments. I appreciate them as I am really proud of my kit. Having something this special makes relearning that much more fun.

Actually I really like the room's color. I'd call it lavender, not purple:)

And, ok so the car can now be put back in the garage..

Still working on "Valhalla" my drum room/man cave. Looks like I'll paint over the Christmas Holiday, but in the meantime I added more goodies...

The art work is by one of may favorite artists, Dave Stevens. That cup that says "Sixx" was Nikki Sixx's water cup from the Greatest Hits Tour. It holds all the tickets to every concert I've ever been to. The open drawer has my stash of old magazines including VH Inside, Circus, etc., and finally there is my stash of Modern Drummer magazines.

Attachments

• Valhalla 019.JPG
    Valhalla 019.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 3,151
  • Valhalla 003.JPG
    Valhalla 003.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 3,257
  • Valhalla 002.JPG
    Valhalla 002.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 3,202
  • Valhalla 001.JPG
    Valhalla 001.JPG