Pic of yourself

So, this is a typical day for me, then... Pictures taken last friday (except for the one of me and my daughter)..

This is me, gigging, at the local church, on a "youth service".

On fridays I want to try to rehearse a bit before gigging. This is at the same local church. Now, since I played, some of the children of the members of the church showed up to see what was making all those fun sounds...

Angelina - the daughter of one of the ministers, joined in. Quite hard to keep a beat when there's a one-year-old beating your snare every 2 seconds... But fun to see young drummers engage in the art...

Anyways... After a while some of the other kids showed up aswell. To make them do something useful with their lives instead of just running around pulling plugs on my practice set, I tried to get them to play some hand drums. It went fairly well aslong as they could borrow my sticks to play with, aswell...

And finally: How I and my daugter look like, when we are going to band practice.

Attachments

• drummersstickingtoghether.jpg
    drummersstickingtoghether.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,274
  • ungaslagverkare.jpg
    ungaslagverkare.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,284
  • jesperspelar.jpg
    jesperspelar.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 2,282
  • hardrock1.jpg
    hardrock1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,236
Last edited:
My name is Derek...
I'm a beginner and have always wanted to play, so I'm starting now.

Attachments

• Dscn0211.jpg
    Dscn0211.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,325
Derek Matthews said:
My name is Derek...
I'm a beginner and have always wanted to play, so I'm starting now.
Excellent! Great attitude. I hope that drumming is everything you hoped it would be. Are you going to be taking lessons?

DoubleBassUrFace said:
Picture039.jpg

isnt learning fun!, neways, thats me in my shop, im in graphic communication or art. whichever u want. its fun. i guess.

I like that chic behind you. She looks hot. And she looks like she's bored. You should show her your drumset!

Bigger version of avatar....
DSC00484.jpg

Yea I sport the afro...
fro.jpg

My newest kit, that you can barely see, Mapex Pro M Maple.....
214627402_l.jpg

Current project. Red Hand Release......
50397438.jpg

BrokenGlass said:
Bigger version of avatar....
DSC00484.jpg

Yea I sport the afro...
fro.jpg

My newest kit, that you can barely see, Mapex Pro M Maple.....

Current project. Red Hand Release......

Holy shades of Sib Hashian batman!
RATW1977_sib%7E.jpg

"Welll..we were just another band out of Boston...."

I think if you straightened your hair (yeah right) you'd look a bit like Dave Grohl. It's the eyes...

My son...and his DW Kit

Attachments

• 3c81.jpg
    3c81.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 2,057
  • 1913.jpg
    1913.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 2,023
Last edited:
and here is the fourth pair of camo pants in 11 posts. I agree I'm breaking the habit because it ain't green but I'm wearing a pair of those at the moment so I guess that makes up for it. took me a while to find a pic of myself. somehow I never remember I have 'em but I ran into this one today while going through some files. it's me hunting down a ufo on my brothers birthday last summer. if you really look carefully you might even notice I'm smiling.

Attachments

• frisbee.jpg
    frisbee.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 2,034
DogBreath said:
Excellent! Great attitude. I hope that drumming is everything you hoped it would be. Are you going to be taking lessons?
Absolutely DB! Every time I ask a question about something the response is "get lessons" only a fool would disreguard advise of this nature. Right now I am patiently waiting the birth of my daughter, once I can get to it I will be taking lessons.

MECHT4NK said:
and here is the fourth pair of camo pants in 11 posts. I agree I'm breaking the habit because it ain't green but I'm wearing a pair of those at the moment so I guess that makes up for it. took me a while to find a pic of myself. somehow I never remember I have 'em but I ran into this one today while going through some files. it's me hunting down a ufo on my brothers birthday last summer. if you really look carefully you might even notice I'm smiling.

It's all fun and games until the cymbal hits your fingers...

Attachments

• paiste.jpg
    paiste.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 1,995
Thinshells said:

When I saw Pantera on the Black Sabbath Reunion concert in '99, at the end of their set, Vinnie Paul took off his china's (20" mind you) and flinged them out into the audience. I'm fairly certain someone got decapitated :)

Here's another one of my goofy mug.

Attachments

• robdrum.jpg
    robdrum.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,998
fourstringdrums said:
When I saw Pantera on the Black Sabbath Reunion concert in '99, at the end of their set, Vinnie Paul took off his china's (20" mind you) and flinged them out into the audience. I'm fairly certain someone got decapitated :)

I'd like a souvenir, but damn! That's some serious airborne mass...

Thinshells said:
very nice :D my brother and I actually used old drum heads for a very long time to frisbee. they are a bit hard to throw cause you have to spin 'em very hard to get 'em stable but when you do it correctly they fly very smooth.

fourstringdrums said:
I was once at a show with a dutch drummer and when he finished he threw his sticks in the audience. one hit the head of a girl standing with her back to the stage and all I could think is that's what you get when you ain't paying attention to a good drummer.

Thinshells said:
btw I guess I should be glad it ain't one like these...

Attachments

• FactoryMetal.jpg
    FactoryMetal.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,947
Back