Life.

cymbalguy44

They claim to be the best. Their soundclips and videos look and sound awesome!

I'm looking for more input. They told me that they love sponsoring bands, and that I should send them a message (link deleted) for more information. They are an up and coming company. They offer handmade, hand hammered cymbals. They have definitely caught my eye!

Last edited:
Re: Imperial Cymbals

Just be upfront mate. If you want us to check out your cymbals, I'm sure there'll be plenty here who would love to give you some feedback. But the cheap "hey, I've just discovered a new company" sales approach just comes off as tacky and unprofessional though......how long were you gonna wait until another new member miraculously appears just to tell us how great they are? Come on dude, 10 year old kids use that angle when they want someone to check their youtube vids.
If you want to be taken seriously, then you have to market seriously IMHO.

Anyways, my thoughts on your marketing approach aside, thanks for letting us know you're out there and I look forward to having a scour through your website.

Agreed, not to knock on your product, but that advertising is less than stellar.

Good luck, though.

Where are these cymbals made? There seems to be an awful lot of hand-hammered hand-made cymbals popping up these days. I suspect there are fewer factories churning these things out than there are companies putting their names on them.

If you really want drummers to hear what your cymbals sound like,then post some well recorded,and unfiltered sound files,and not some crappy I phone vid.It doesn't come across as genuine,just cheesy and unprofessional.

I don't see any information on your website concerning warrantys,or where your product is actually made.That really is a major selling point.

By the way.Endorsement,and sponsorships,mean free gear for drummers who endorse your cymbals.....right?Not some discounted sales.Good luck.

Steve B

Last edited:

Watched that video on your page, and they don't sound bad at all. You can sponsor my band if you want, I meet lots of drummers on a relatively small budget so they might just be looking for cymbals like yours.

Yep, a VERY suspect start for a new poster. It may have been a clever approach 10 years ago, but everyone is hip to that now. Much better to simply introduce yourself as someone representing the company. Or, cultivate some credibility with a dozen or so innocuous posts, and then mention the cymbals.

BTW, the cymbals are kind of expensive, and there's already a glut of Turkish-made cymbals. If that was my sound, I'd look to Istanbul, Bosphorus, the other Istanbul, or Turkish.

Bermuda

Well... Considering it's been 7 months and my cymbals still haven't arrived. Not to mention that you outright refuse to reply to anybodies emails about my $800 AUD refund... Yeah, nobody should ever work with you. Ever.

Give me back my money and give me some free cymbals, and maybe, MAYBE, I'll consider representing your brand again.

Oh, and if you don't reply to my email before your government starts back up, I am going to pursue further legal action.

Hmmm, probably a thread that should have been deleted the instant it appeared. I looked at a few facebook posts, and it seems a few others have also had problems with orders and communication.

But now it serves as a good warning to avoid Imperial, and any others with sketchy marketing approaches. I've deleted the OPs links so that nobody is tempted to follow them.

Bermuda

Let's not attack competitors, or close threads.

Bermuda

BacteriumFendYoke - You're thinking of Saluda Cymbals they proudly mention that they "re-purpose" and "relabel" cymbals making them their own.

http://saludacymbals.com/cms/index.php?page=cymbal-repair-modification

No - he is actually thinking of Imperial.
The link mr alparrott posted is broke, but I remember reading through that whole thread a while back, and yes - it was exactly as he said.

A good example of marketing gone horribly wrong. Good fun tho, I brought out the popcorn and had a laugh. And it looks like you are pretty much heading down the same road..

BacteriumFendYoke - You're thinking of Saluda Cymbals they proudly mention that they "re-purpose" and "relabel" cymbals making them their own.

http://saludacymbals.com/cms/index.php?page=cymbal-repair-modification

I'm really not. Not this time. Refer to Poika, he knows.

If you're a shill, that's fine. Just to let you know that when we called Imperial cymbals out on it last time, I don't think any sales would have been forthcoming.

These kinds of marketing exercises are counter-productive and drive people away.

These kinds of marketing exercises are counter-productive and drive people away.

True. There are reports of another forum's membership being spammed with emails, as well as unsolicited facebook PMs asking if drummers want to be "sponsored".

I don't mind if someone tries hard... but they're really grasping, and not in a good way. People - even drummers - can spot shilling a mile away. If it looks like a duck... etc etc.

Bermuda

I wonder if things like this are due to culture differences, ignorance of American-Euro markets, and some small outfit with a tiny furnace and shop whose uncles made cymbals for so and so want to do it themselves and they just don't understand business and marketing, and they ARE living about 10 years behind the times.

I wonder if things like this are due to culture differences, ignorance of American-Euro markets...

I think it's more of a "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" mentality, mixed with a lot of "you can fool some of the kids all of the time."

But even the kids can spot a shill. A healthy sense of cynicism is really helpful when wading through all of the stuff being thrown at us online, especially when someone poses as an innocent, wide-eyed forum member. "They claim to be the best. Their soundclips and videos look and sound awesome!" Oh come now!

Bermuda

Fear? Just afraid of coming right out and saying who and what you are. That is why many people post as they do, I believe. Feelings of unworthiness. So, they ramp it up in third person to try and crack the ice.

Or, as you say, swindlers and shills, and a dangerous www.

Back