Your Wisdom Woodshed

best situation for practice?

Ok... so I was thinking, some guys like having their drums in their room... others like to have them on a room or garage outside their house... others prfer to have their kit on a rehearsal room or studio of their band... wich is your preferred setup, either that you have or wish?

In my case, I am so lucky, ha, ha, ha... after YEARS of not being able to play at home, at my job, one of the important aspects for my "drafting" was my own, exclusive room for drums, right at the office... two doors from mine... Man... it is great I have 2 acoustic sets there ALL THE TIME... ha, ha, ha... can't complain.

Re: best situation for practice?

I've got drums skattered all over town. I have my gig kit in cases at the house along with a beat up practice set with a few cymbals set up in a spare bedroom at the house. My good cymbals are set up at the practice studio along with a Pearl Export that belongs to my guitar player's son. It kind of sucks not being able to keep all my good gear in one place to practice on. The only time they all come together is when we gig. On another note, I once had a practice pad set up at my work. It was pretty awesome- downtown on the 3rd floor of my work there was a little room with two windows looking out at the city. I would go up there after work and lose myself for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, we had to knock down the wall and convert that space for extra warehousing. I miss those days.

I hear you... we're moving in two and a half months... this will be musch better facility, but it's a shared building... my prospects are not to good... ha, ha, ha... oh well, back to the DTX.

i have my drums in my basement. i can play from 9AM-7PM everyday, it's great. im really gonna hate it when i move out.....i can always be one of those italian men who live with their mothers until im 40 :D

For some 13 years now I've maintained a rehearsal room outside and away from the home completely. So when I go there I focus on what I need to do there. No household distractions. Also, some cats you might jam with one or two times and that's it. Don't particularly need everyone to know where I live. And then I need to be respectful of the wonderful woman in my life. And I need not force my drumming into her life such that it's disturbing her homelife. That would be a bit selfish on my part.

right on man, respect the woman. im planning to building a sound proof section add on to the house soon with the little knowledge i have about building rooms, so that'll be fun

Basement.......................................

I prefer to setup my Kit & play it at a Football Field ....kekeke

This is my (very basic) woodshed. It's in my bedroom so before i study, i usally grab my chair and sit in front of the pad with my sticks. first. (and play rudiments of course)
I got my guitar over there too, i usualy play it before i go to sleep.
I forgot to take my swiss knife away, but i love that thing. I've used it for so many things it's always near me.

I use both regular sticks as the aheads. (both 5A)
I practice my rudiments with the aheads as well because i use them for gigging so i'll have the feel of those sticks aswell.

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9,115
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 9,134
In the process of building a new Woodshed, as this room is so small you could'nt swing a dead cat without hitting someone.

Attachments

• Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 8,904
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 9,124
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 8,982
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9,026
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 8,993
  • Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 8,996
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 9,064
There you go.

A Roland TD20 kit
An Ipod
AKG k271 headphones
Sennheiser 280 headphones
Samson headpone amp

Attachments

• P1000034.JPG
    P1000034.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 8,994
Trying to figure out what a horn span is, but it sounds cool.

My bad on the double post of pics.

Attachments

• Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 8,863
  • Image16.jpg
    Image16.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8,789
heres my not gigging kit , i play it when the drums get loud for like 10 ò clock at night !
pict01087ht.jpg

pict01092et.jpg

LOL! Yepp im hitting my trashcan with a pedal and use it as my bassdrum ! But hey it works and even gives you a bassy sound!
pict01103mq.jpg

Harakirie said:
heres my not gigging kit , i play it when the drums get loud for like 10 ò clock at night !

LOL! Yepp im hitting my trashcan with a pedal and use it as my bassdrum ! But hey it works and even gives you a bassy sound!

Great idea - to check out the forum during practice.....

Bernhard

nothing slides around i kinda wondered too :p everything is like glewed to my floor , works out pretty good !

Bernhard wrote :

Great idea - to check out the forum during practice.....

Bernhard

haha man im allways in this forum when im at home !
I dont write much though cuz my english isnt to great ... but hey i have allot of fun :D

Back