Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

Thanks JL.

Your kits are killer.
Tell me more about the 5-star set. It is maple with ebony veneer? When did Sonor make these sets? How is the plating holding up on the hardware?

I posted a picture of these before but I found my camera....

I bought a special edition Force 3007 Studio 1 kit, 9-ply maple shells, 8", 10", 12" and 14" toms, 20" bass drum and another snare I've yet to really use.

100_1356.jpg

100_1357.jpg

100_1358.jpg

New pedals too.... a set of Iron Cobras.

100_1362.jpg

100_1363.jpg

datdrum.jpg

100_1364.jpg

100_1365.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

:)

I have new heads on the way too, so when those come in and I reskin these babies I'll post some new pictures and let you guys know how much more I love them lol.

I got Coated Ambassadors over G Pluses for my toms (I guess I'm getting a free coated G Plus which I'll just use as a new snare batter to try and plus I think I've overextended my Reverse CS anyways) and a Coated PS3 batter with a ported PS3 Reso.

I even thought the stock heads sounded pretty great on here once I tuned em up right... I don't even think I can imagine how good these will sound with proper heads and tuning experimenting lol.

Sonor has made me a life-long fan with one kit.

EDIT: Next on the list is new cymbals by the way haha.

Here's my Force 3007 i got earlier this year. I put coated G2's on yesterday, and got my 21" K Custom Hybrid in the mail today! Merry early x-mas to me!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 8,891
  • 001 (3).JPG
    001 (3).JPG
    176 KB · Views: 9,609
Last edited:
That's a great looking ROCK MACHINE!

Are those the evans g-plus heads on your toms? Do you like 'em?

No, they're coated EC2's. Very nice heads, and worlds apart from the clear versions (which I didn't like at all). Fat and low, just how I like them.

Holy cow what a thread! I gotta get me a Sonor kit.

People have probably seen some of my Sonor drums, but here they are again anyway.

beech1-1.jpg

beech2.jpg

IMGP5246.jpg

Re: Custom plate

custom bass drum plate, work in progress..

Very classy and pretty finish on those drums. It looks like a cherry or mahogany stain.
What's it called and which product line are those Sonor's?

gorgeous kit!! may i ask who signed the snare head?

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, the snare is a Yamaha Ndugu Chancellor model, and it was supposedly already signed by him when I purchased the drum from eBay.

No disrespect meant to Mr. Chancellor in any way, but I didn't buy the snare for the signature -- that's why I never bothered to change the head. :)

Take care,
Ed

Slowly got the kit, cymbals, and snare during the summer. Indeed a vast improvement from a no-name brand set with B8's. :) Picture taken with a cell phone, so it's not great quality. Specs are below.

Sonor Force 3007 4-piece kit in Red Maple
10x8, 12x9 (not shown), 14x14, 18x16 bass drum.
70's Ludwig Acrolite (14x5)

Zildjian K Constantinople Medium-Thin Low (20")
Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride (22")
Zildjian K Custom Session Hi-Hats (14")
Sabian 12" HHX Legacy Splash

Attachments

• sonor_small.jpg
    sonor_small.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 7,987
Set up aesthetically for photo shoot. This is not how I play them :p

IMG00645.jpg

IMG00630.jpg

IMG00622.jpg

IMG00626.jpg

You'll notice that is a Tama snare, the Sonor snare is back at the apartment where it is used weekly.

Looks like Sonor's White Pearl finish, which they offer on their S-Classix kits (and obviously on their SQ2 custom kits):

aww man! thnaks for the reply and the pics, now i feel like an idiot. in the first pic it looked like there was a tinge of red, gave the drums a real badass look.....but it was just the shadows from the cymbals! Still a nice kit though, but man! i just saw my dream kit ( in my head)

Back