INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name... Paul
Age...40
How long have I been playing...3 months
Origin of my username... I read it somewhere,can`t remember where.
Top 5 drummers..Phil Taylor (Motorhead) Ken Owen (Carcass) Don`t have any others.
Make of drum kit... Mapex HZB
Make of cymbals cheap Sabian`s that i am looking to replace.
Where do you practice...Living room
Are you or were you in a band..Nope.
Covers or originals...Originals
Style of music...Metal,Rock, but will have a go at any type of music.
Take out food..I don`t eat takeaway.
Country... England.
How did I start drumming...i have wanted to learn drumming for years but some how never got around to giving it a go until three months ago.I wish i started years ago but i suppose its better late then never.

Real name... Shaun
Age...16
How long have I been playing...7 Years
Origin of my username... Nightmare Before Christmas, my favorite movie ever
Top 5 drummers... Thomas Pridgen, Martin Lopez, Brann Dailor, Danny Carey, Abe Cunningham
Make of drum kit... ddrum d2
Make of cymbals... Sabian!
Where do you practice...Room
Are you or were you in a band...Yeah
Covers or originals...Originals
Style of music... All!
Take out food... Chinese
Country... US :/
How did I start drumming...Brann Dailor ispired me

Real name... nitin virat
Age...25
How long have I been playing...2 years (drums), 10 years (tabla), unknown years (table and anything dat makes sound)
Origin of my username... its my name Nitin virat., nitin means new and virat means huge..... :)
Top 5 drummers..Dave dicenso, steve gadd, benny greb, zakir hussain,
Make of drum kit... Sonor force 1007
Make of cymbals : Sabian XS20.,., i want to hand hammer dem myself., once i get some AAX and HHX
Where do you practice : my room
Are you or were you in a band.. Weird anxiety (Located himachal pradesh, India)
Covers or originals...Originals only with band ., original and covers for self. :p
Style of music... like listening to funk, electronica, jazz, punk, black metal and alot more., dont know wat i play or want to play.. my band is into something like black metal.
Take out food. : Mughlai
Country... India
How did I start drumming... started taking lessons for tabla when i was 15. Lessons lasted only 2 years... i know thats sad., :( .,., before that., i used to play on anything i get my hand on. started taking lessons for drums in january 2010.. going strong., will start taking djembe lessons in november... :) ., i am currently an architect by professions. want to be a music teacher and soon will be. :)

Hello all

Hi.
My name is Tom and I come from Polish. I play drums since May last year. Previously, I played percussion instruments: bongos, congo, maracas, bells, etc..
I dealt with this good 12 years and everything of the nature of self-taught. I can play guitar and piano.

Now undertake lessons on drums, and the direction I want to push her ​​further musical adventure.

Greet.

Re: Hello all

Hey Tom, my names Tom :D

Welcome to the forum, sounds like your a bit of a jack of all trades :).

Hope you are enjoying the drums as much as the rest of us!

What kit are you currently using?

Tom.

Welcome Tom, glad to have you aboard :)

Thank you all for greeting

I live in north-eastern part of Polish.

My drum kit consists of:
Drum: Yamaha StageCustom : bas drum 22'', floor tom 14'', tom 10'' and tom 12'', snaredrum 14''
Cymbals: hi-hat : Sabian AAX Stage 14''
Zildjian: K Dark Crash 14''
Zildjian: K Heavy Dark 22''

Listen to my playing on youtube. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvYW-7mwnM

Hi Guys, just joined the forum today, after browsing it for the last couple of months.

Real name? Josh
Age? 19
How long have you been playing? For about 6 years
Origin of user name? I was born in '92, and I've love cymbals. :)
Your top 5 drummers? Chad Smith, Taylor Hawkins, Stewart Copeland, Dave Grohl and Jet Black, though the list is endless.
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Paiste and Sabian.
Where do you practice? At home, or in a studio.
Are you in a band? Yeah, for about a year now
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Rock
Favourite take out food? Fish&Chips
What country do you live in? Scotland
How did you start drumming? In music class at school, it was the only instrument left to play, so I took it up then and was hooked straight away. After messing about for a year and a half, I bought an electric kit in 2007, and I've been drumming ever since then.

Live in Louisiana
Been playing for 30 years.

Screen Name: Phil2011

Some of you may remember me as Phil2007 from the now defunct Tightheads.org drum forum.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, just joined the forum today, after browsing it for the last couple of months.

Real name? Josh
Age? 19
How long have you been playing? For about 6 years
Origin of user name? I was born in '92, and I've love cymbals. :)
Your top 5 drummers? Chad Smith, Taylor Hawkins, Stewart Copeland, Dave Grohl and Jet Black, though the list is endless.
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Paiste and Sabian.
Where do you practice? At home, or in a studio.
Are you in a band? Yeah, for about a year now
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Rock
Favourite take out food? Fish&Chips
How did you start drumming? In music class at school, it was the only instrument left to play, so I took it up then and was hooked straight away. After messing about for a year and a half, I bought an electric kit in 2007, and I've been drumming ever since then.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello.

Real name? Tim Sawyer (no, not Tom :)
How long have you been playing? Since I was 10
Origin of user name? http://percussion360.com is my drum tutor book
Make of drumkit? Pearl
Make of cymbal? Zildjian/Paiste.
Are you in a band? Rothwell Temperance Band http://rtb.org.uk/
What style of music? It's a British brass band
What country do you live in? UK
One really odd fact about yourself? Once played a vibraphone with a cello bow
How did you start drumming? Was learning to play cornet at a saturday morning music centre. Had a cornet lesson first thing, then a band last thing, with a gap in the middle. Doing a lesson in the middle was free, as we'd paid for the morning, so I went to a percussion class. Never looked back!

Hi I'm new (so I'm posting in this thread)

Real name? Not going to put that on the internet
Age? 27
How long have you been playing? Percussion of different type from 9 drums with a drum kit from about 16 on and off.
Origin of user name? I am a unicorn rawr
Your top 5 drummers? only 5 what!?
Make of drumkit? No Idea its made of a lot of different bits some I made myself
Make of cymbal? don't use them much tbh
Where do you practice? My flat, other peoples flats and houses, studios and work.
Are you in a band? Sort of I make music on my own for the most
Do you play covers or originals? Original but I can play cover of things on instruments they don't work well on.
What style of music? No one has told me yet. some one said it was wonky math folk.
Favourite take out food? mushy peas
One really odd fact about yourself? what being a unicorn that plays drums is not an odd fact in its self?
How did you start drumming? By placing my self next to some drums then hitting them and so on.

Also I'm not a real drummer I am more of a percussionist tbh

Hi folks! Day 1 for me on the forums.

Real name?
Nik

Age?
30's

How long have you been playing?
Just over 13months or so..

Origin of user name?
My real name is mixed in there

Your top 5 drummers?
1.Tommy Igoe
2. Liberty Diveto
3. Taylor Hawkins
3. Dave Grohl
4. Larz Ulrich

Make of drumkit?
Pearl Vision Series

Make of cymbal?
Zildjian K Customs & A Customs

Where do you practice?
Home (spare room converted into mini studio)

Are you in a band?
No

Do you play covers or originals?
Covers

What style of music?
Rock, Pop,

Favorite take out food?
Fried Chicken!!

What country do you live in?
Australia

How did you start drumming?
Played at school during music classes between the ages of 10 and 11, then went through my teens and 20's years involved with cars (I was a mechanic...grrr). Decided life as a "mechanic" was too boring for me and went into medical. Found myself a good career and basically saved up enough money to fund myself a nice kit to get back into drumming with. That happened 2 years ago, I've been drumming in total about 13months. I'm sad that I left drumming out of my life for all those years.....

Hi to you all :)

Hey folks, how's it going? I'm a brand new member here, but anyone from the Pearl Drummers Forum may recognize me as I use the same user name over there.

Obviously my name is Jeff, I'm 36 and I've been playing for 20 years. I recently sold my acoustic kit and bought a Yamaha DTXtreme iii SP so I could play at home every day as I don't gig with bands or do as many sessions as I used to.

Happy to be here and look forward to contributing!

Welcome to all drummers in this forum.

Real name?
Thomas Kriesmann

Age?

7 years (5 years first, then a 16 year break, and now since 2 years again)

Origin of user name?
That is the nickname my buddies at university gave me and I use it ever since as user name. For English native speakers: The "die" is not related to death or so. It is a german article in front of female nouns. "Neckar" is a river in the southwest of Germany and it is masculin which would require the masculin article "der". I got that wrong as I am from the North of Germany where all rivers are female. My buddies found that funny and so I got that weird nickname. So much the lesson in German grammar. Let's continue with the top 5 drummers.

Your top 5 drummers?
In chronological order of their influence on me:
1. Peter Criss (As a kid, I played to his solos on Kiss Alive I and II on my airdrums - with my face painted of course. Probably the reason why I am a drummer at all.).
2. Simon Philipps (Give Blood by Peter Townsend just blew me away).
3. John Bonham (Fool In The Rain was my first challenge after my "come-back").
4. Tommy Igoe (A great teacher - though I have not had the opportunity of being taught by him in person, but via DVD instead).
5. Kenny Aronoff (listen to what he has to say: http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/kennyaronoffmakingabeat.html)

Make of drumkit?
Gretsch Blackhawk. Yes, I am on budget as I focus on the sound first (and I have to feed three children also). Everybody in my band particularly like the phat 22/20 basedrum with closed resonance head. The toms have a nice attack and open, wide sustain with Remo coated heads. On my metal snare, I have an Aquarian Texture Coated head - great sound and a very sustainable coating. The best for brushes, I would say.
I also have a Millenium E-drum set MPS 400 at home.

Make of cymbal?
A crispy hihat, a clear and defined ride, a good crash and last but not least a fantastic china. All made by Masterwork Troy.

Where do you practice?
At home with my e-set. In the practice room of my band with the Gretsch.

Are you in a band?
Yes, one.

We play covers, i.e. we convert Rock/Pop classics into Jazz.

What style of music?
Jazz, Funk, Swing, Bossa Nova, Tango, Reggae. What ever we see fit for the interpretation of the said Rock/Pop classics.

Favourite take out food?
Pizza.

Germany. In Munich to be exact.

One really odd fact about yourself?
I would say that my drum carreer is odd. See above.

As mentioned above, on my airdrums and years later at the age of 20 on my first kit.

All the best

Real name? Simon Turner

Age? 22

How long have you been playing? Been playing drums just under a year
Origin of user name? Nickname at school was Tino, and support Sheffield United (The Blades)

Your top 5 drummers? Matt Helders, Keith Moon, Cozy Powell, Dave Grohl, Mitch Mitchell

Make of drumkit? My Drum kit is a Yamaha Tour Custom

Make of cymbal? Zildjian ZXT

Where do you practice? Small practice in a really old building in Sheffield

Are you in a band? Just started a month ago. Don't have a band name yet though

Do you play covers or originals? Originals

What style of music? Indie Rock

Favourite take out food? Indian (best food in the world

What country do you live in? UK

One really odd fact about yourself? I'm just strange in general

How did you start drumming? Started going to see a few local bands. Seemed like the most fun to play :)

How long have you been playing: not that long, first 12 years and then 5 years :)

Make of drumkits:
Started with Pearl Export(sold)...
...then Tama Rockstar-2BD(sold),
...Yamaha electronics(sold),
...Roland TD9KX(sold)
Now I am playing Tama Artstar Cordia and happy man.

Where do you practice: training room in same city.

Are you in a band: Yes, one band is called Wrong.

Do you play covers or originals: covers only for practise, originals for bands

What style of music: Metal and whatever are the wishes...

What country do you live in: FINLAND

How did you start drumming: very, very small boy played with spoons and pots... one very dark and cold (-35 degrees celsius) morning (29 years ago) I started shaking and thinking about drumming all the time...

How long have you been playing: since I was 9 so around 13 years

Make of drumkits:
-Main Kit - Pearl EX Export with Pearl JJ signature snare, Tama MP Melody master 12" side snare, Various Zildjian, Meinl, and Sabian cymbals.
- Other Kits - Yamaha Stage Custom

Where do you practice: My band rehearsal space and at my apartment on my hybrid electric kit that I built.

Are you in a band: Yes, a Prog/Alt/Rock/Metal band called Neuralizer - http://www.facebook.com/Neuralizerband

Do you play covers or originals: Originals

What style of music: I play and listen to EVERYTHING from Pop to Jazz to Death Metal. My band is primarily a very diverse and dynamic progressive sound.

What country do you live in: US

How did you start drumming: By beating on my mother's tupperware and pots and pans when I was a wee little lad

Real name?
Tyler Birney

Age?

4 hours total lol.

Origin of user name?
Hotmail requires a screen name for msn. This was the "generated" one and I liked it.

Your top 5 drummers?
REVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make of drumkit?
Network. I too am a guitar/bass/mandolin player with a HUGE obsession for drums! Testing the waters before I drop $$$ on a REAL kit.

Make of cymbal?
I don't remember rofl. It sucks balls!

Where do you practice?
In my finished basement

Are you in a band?
Nope.

Only covers, unless I'm just messing with beats.

What style of music?
Mostly rock. Everything from CCR to Metallica.

Favourite take out food?
Pizza

Canaduh

One really odd fact about yourself?
I'm 6'5".

I play things with strings and picked them up very easily. With my obsession for drums, thought I'd see if I've got what it takes to take on something without strings?

Back