Farewell my friends :)

Will Henri be bothered by the cold of northern England? Ok, so he won't get a summer (from what I can gather summer in England is mythical) but surely it's nowhere near as cold as the continent in winter?

We had a summer in northern England in 1976, I'll have you know.

And there were a couple of weeks last winter when it was colder here (not a million miles away from England) than in Sweden.

If Henri dons a flat cap and snuggles up wi't whippet ("the miner's hot water bottle") 'e'll be grand.

Hopefully not cold in October. According to Wiki, London in October is like Sydney in mid-winter. Anything colder than that and I'm up the creek. Poor Henri in the frozen north! To me it would be like the tundra :)

Hopefully not cold in October. According to Wiki, London in October is like Sydney in mid-winter. Anything colder than that and I'm up the creek. Poor Henri in the frozen north! To me it would be like the tundra :)

You'd never want to come here in the winter! I've shoveled snow off the roof to keep it from collapsing, then walked down off the roof without a ladder.

Hopefully Henri won't have to deal with that!! I suspect the worst of it will be short days and dreariness.

It's good to do a bit of Euro travelling/relocation I find, it helps you understand the various peoples that live there and how tough it is to move towards a union. As A.A. Gill observed:

"Europe is an allegory for the ages of man. You are born Italian, relentlessly infantile and mother-obsessed. In childhood, you are English: chronically shy, tongue-tied clicky
and only happy kicking balls or pulling the legs off things. Teenagers are French: pretentiously philosophical, embarrassingly vain, ridiculously romantic yet simultaneously insecure. During Middle-Age, we become either Irish and fun loving, or Swiss and serious. Old age is German: ponderous, pompous and pedantic. And finally, we regress into being Belgian, with no idea of who we are at all."

Dutch

It's good to do a bit of Euro travelling/relocation I find, it helps you understand the various peoples that live there and how tough it is to move towards a union. As A.A. Gill observed:

"Europe is an allegory for the ages of man. You are born Italian, relentlessly infantile and mother-obsessed. In childhood, you are English: chronically shy, tongue-tied clicky
and only happy kicking balls or pulling the legs off things. Teenagers are French: pretentiously philosophical, embarrassingly vain, ridiculously romantic yet simultaneously insecure. During Middle-Age, we become either Irish and fun loving, or Swiss and serious. Old age is German: ponderous, pompous and pedantic. And finally, we regress into being Belgian, with no idea of who we are at all."

Dutch
Hahaha - superb quote!!!!

Good luck. Moving is always stressful, but traveling can be quite fun...I hope that you experience more of the latter.

Later Henri...see ya when you return.

All the luck in setting up new shop!

I think a little wager is in order here. I'm betting he returns.....at least for a post or 2.....hmmm....he's a pretty serious guy.....I'll give him 4 weeks with no contact. So in the 5th week sometime. So June 11th or later. He can't stay away that long, it can't be done!

He may have thrown away his keyboard, making it impossible to 'reply'.
BUT, as I said, he may be a big-time lurker. Nothin' wrong with that.

Like maybe some here, I got a bad feeling when I read his post, references to addiction etc., and I hope he's OK.

'Trash' talk him? - We cannot. For he owned no Mapex Saturns.

Guys, I've just received an update from Henri. He's fine, but very busy sorting out house sale details as well as trying to secure work in the UK. He's asked me to pass on his regards to everyone here, & is missing this place very much.

For those attending the London Drum Show this year, it's absolutely Henri's intention to be there, especially with Larry, Grea, David, & others visiting from overseas.

Last edited by a moderator:
justavisitor, I attempted to PM you, but I was rebuffed. Even though I got EVERY SINGLE subjunctive right.

Well, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"

What's your favorite Meat Loaf recipe, is it "Fried like a bat out of hell?"

HOW DID YOU KNOW??

With a dollop of bearnaise.

OOPS sorry wrong Meat Loaf

Attachments

• Blind-Before-I-Stop-meatloaf-417774_601_599.jpg
    Blind-Before-I-Stop-meatloaf-417774_601_599.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,207
Back