Pic of yourself

oops I just re read your post and see your son already plays....that's great!....I guess I should have read it again before I replied.

drummerboy said:
oops I just re read your post and see your son already plays....that's great!....I guess I should have read it again before I replied.

Well he doesn't play like YOU play. He can keep a steady beat, but he really doesn't yet understand 8 bar phrasing and simple stuff like coming back to ONE, yet.

He seems to be more into guitar than drums, which I encourage. Reading and playing music can only help, if he wants to drum later ( I played violine for 6 years before playing drums).

As for Yamaha, I just sold a Stage Custom kit (which was really good for the money) and got a new Beech Custom kit with a Maple Custom Absolute kick (best bass drum sound ever!!!).

I'll post some pics in October, when I get to England with my new wife and my new kit!

~stu

Stu_Strib said:
Well he doesn't play like YOU play. He can keep a steady beat, but he really doesn't yet understand 8 bar phrasing and simple stuff like coming back to ONE, yet.

He seems to be more into guitar than drums, which I encourage. Reading and playing music can only help, if he wants to drum later ( I played violine for 6 years before playing drums).

As for Yamaha, I just sold a Stage Custom kit (which was really good for the money) and got a new Beech Custom kit with a Maple Custom Absolute kick (best bass drum sound ever!!!).

I'll post some pics in October, when I get to England with my new wife and my new kit!

~stu

Hey theres nothing wrong guitar....I have one that Levon sent me and suggested I learn it....I am learning bass first then I am going to teach myself guitar...

Can't wait to see your drum pics when you get them up.

Here's a recent shot of me on stage at BB Kings...

Mattpromo.jpg

A Couple of Me and Liberty

MattLib1.jpg

MattLib2.jpg

Hey Onemat...where did you get that shirt??...I like it!....And you met Liberty Divito?...Cool!...he signed my guestbook on my webiste....don't ask me how he found it though.

here's me....I dont have one of me playing the drums lol i need one though sorry...

Attachments

• Snapshot 2005-08-02 22-38-1454.jpg
    Snapshot 2005-08-02 22-38-1454.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 3,272
Here are some pictures of myself:

Attachments

• Picture 047_edited.jpg
    Picture 047_edited.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,147
  • show33sm.bmp
    197.8 KB · Views: 3,363
  • concert20sm.bmp
    197.8 KB · Views: 3,375
  • concert19sm.bmp
    197.8 KB · Views: 3,273
This is me then.. One from a photostudio-session and the other from our trip to the studios in july recording our third demo.

Attachments

• _MG_5959-web.jpg
    _MG_5959-web.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 3,024
  • rasmusweb.jpg
    rasmusweb.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 3,082
drummerboy said:
Hey Onemat...where did you get that shirt??...I like it!....And you met Liberty Divito?...Cool!...he signed my guestbook on my webiste....don't ask me how he found it though.

Hey....I got a few of those drum set shirts on eBay, but they've been in the malls too. Liberty did a clinic a few years ago here in Nashville, during a vintage and new drum show. We talked for a few hours that day. I had previously met him in 1976 0r 1977 when the Turnstiles album was just out. I got to go to the taped show at Connecticut college they did with Billy. In the seventies Liberty and the others were pretty stuck up when they visited the music store I worked at, but when I recently met him he was super nice and great fun. He repeatedly talked about how lucky he was to get hooked up with Billy Joel and that there were many drummers out there who were not as lucky as he was. He's a hard hitter. I think during the clinic he mentioned Sabian will not give him any light weight cymbals for touring anymore, just heavy ones!

Here's a picture of me back in 1998:

1998drums1.jpg

Note the nifty black and yellow finish on the old Pearl kit I played at the time. I liked it so much I later put together a matching outfit:

1998drums3.jpg

Inspired by Bill Bruford's yellow jacket on King Crimson's "Thrak" tour.

I miss that kit. I never should have sold it.

Last edited:
Hey everyone

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Matt, I live in Michigan. I have been playing for about a year! I am in a small unknown band called the Bungalow Junkies. We play primarily rock type music, but have been known to "rub some funk on it" We practice together at least once a week usually!! Whatever happens, happens..it is pretty laid back!! I have two mentors, Larry and Rich, they are both in the band as well. Hence I recieve my lessons for free, and get to have a great time doing it!! I love The drums! I am sure I will post all over the place, so I hope I don't annoy anyone. I ask alot of questions!!This is me about a year ago!! I Shall post a recent pic as soon as I get my hands on one!

Attachments

• Picture 33.jpg
    Picture 33.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 3,011
onemat said:
Hey....I got a few of those drum set shirts on eBay, but they've been in the malls too. Liberty did a clinic a few years ago here in Nashville, during a vintage and new drum show. We talked for a few hours that day. I had previously met him in 1976 0r 1977 when the Turnstiles album was just out. I got to go to the taped show at Connecticut college they did with Billy. In the seventies Liberty and the others were pretty stuck up when they visited the music store I worked at, but when I recently met him he was super nice and great fun. He repeatedly talked about how lucky he was to get hooked up with Billy Joel and that there were many drummers out there who were not as lucky as he was. He's a hard hitter. I think during the clinic he mentioned Sabian will not give him any light weight cymbals for touring anymore, just heavy ones!

I'm going tohave my mom check on those shirts for me on Ebay...I'm sure if she finds one it will be 10 times to big...that's the trouble I have...I can't find any cool drum shirts in my size....cool story you have of your meetings with Liberty....I'll be happy when I'm grown up so I can get around and hopefully meet some more drummers.

Sorry, no shirtless pics of me for the ladies. Here I am sitting on one of my furniture pieces "pencil bench". I would wear safety glasses all the time if I could, they are so fashionable.

Ok, start poking fun.......NOW!

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 3,115
Last edited:
Me doing what i dont do best...playing monopoly at my grandma's house...we actually succeeded at playing 3!!!!!!! WHOLE games! my god did we have time to waste....

img06262zw.jpg

Dyaxe said:
Me doing what i dont do best...playing monopoly at my grandma's house...we actually succeeded at playing 3!!!!!!! WHOLE games! my god did we have time to waste....

Hilarious clip of Dane Cook talking about Monopoly...

Attachments

• Dane Cook - 14 - Monopoly.mp3
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 539
drumkit8vg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Me and my drumkit during soundcheck at Mr. Smalls Theater outside Pittsburgh, PA back in January. Good times, good times. Pretty sweet venue, too. Some big bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Mudvayne, Ministry, Chimaira, Anti-Flag have played there. Yep, thats me..

Back