I'm a snare addict!

So... it happened again! Lol I went to a drum shop and saw this beautiful brass snare! A World Max brass 6.5x14 with brass die-cast hoops and tube lugs! This is another rare bird from World Max to go along with my bronze snare. There's no pictures or info about this snare online and the owner at the shop says that it may be a one off or a very limited run. This snare doesn't have a center bead and it has a knurled engraving all the way around the center. It sounds amazing! I love nice brass snares!

I went into GC on my lunch break just to pass the time and when I walked in there I saw a 7x13 snare on a stand. I figured I'd check it out since I like that size and I only have one 13" snare (A 5.5x13 bronze Mapex Black Panther). So I hit it and it had such a nice loud warm crack! I looked and it was a Tama Silverstar. I asked the clerk when they started selling separate Silverstar snares. He said that they didn't and that someone had just bought a kit and immediately traded the snare in without even trying it. It was brand new. The tag showed $69.99 and well... you know the rest! lol

6 ply 6mm Birch shell with stained/finished interior.

Snares are the shoes of the drum set.
I'm in the mid forties and have my eye on a few more. $150 for that Pork Pie was a steal!
Here's one of my favorites, Bearing Edge 6x13 Bubinga with Olive Ash hoops. Sounds as good as it looks.

Attachments

• BearingEdgeBubingacopy a.jpg
    BearingEdgeBubingacopy a.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 358
Dirtysticks, I think we're both addicted to your snares.

Seriously, what the hell is with your luck?

How much did that brass World Max set you back? It looks absolutely killer.

Dirtysticks, I think we're both addicted to your snares.

Seriously, what the hell is with your luck?

How much did that brass World Max set you back? It looks absolutely killer.

I seem to have the greatest luck with drum deals... That WorldMax Brass was $160

Back