INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Wow! Its been over 2 years since I last visited this website. Working 2 jobs/Playing in 2 bands keeps ya busy ..:)

Real name? Dan
Age? 47
How long have you been playing? Since 1980
Origin of user name? Its my name and year I was born .
Your top 5 drummers? Keith Moon-Mick Fleetwood-Ringo Starr-Steve Gorman (Black Ctowes) Charlie Watts
Make of drumkit? DW/Pacific/Pearl
Make of cymbal? Many
Where do you practice? Omaha NE
Are you in a band? yes
Do you play covers or originals? covers mostly
What style of music? Rock /Classic Rock
Favourite take out food? Tacos
What country do you live in? U.S.A.
How did you start drumming-Listened to alot of Who/Beatles/Stones albums. The rest is history ..

Real name? Bret
Your top 5 drummers? Elvin Jones, Gavin Harrison, Royster Jr., Jon Fishman, Mike Travis
Make of drumkit? pearl
Make of cymbal? zildjian
Where do you practice? home
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? lots, but mostly rock/funk
Favourite take out food? thai
What country do you live in? usa
How did you start drumming? elementary school was out of trumpets, the cool thing to play, so I got a hand me down marching snare and went with it

Last edited:
Real name? Chris

Age? 33

How long have you been playing? 18 years (started at 15)

Origin of user name? Ironic

Your top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, John Bonham, Carl Palmer, Neil Peart, Mike Mangini

Make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage

Make of cymbal? Paiste

Where do you practice? My basement/studio

Are you in a band? Not currently

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Loud

Favourite take out food? I don't eat fast food.

What country do you live in? Canada

One really odd fact about yourself? I'm also a semi-pro auto racer, and I also teach Brazilian Jiujitsu.

How did you start drumming? No idea. It's been inside me as far back as I can remember; I couldn't have stopped it if I tried.

http://kanehubbard.com/

Real name - Kane
Age - 24
How long have you been playing - 12 years
Origin of user name - always used it
Your top 5 drummers - Travis Orbin, Navene Koperweis, Blake Richardson, Mike Mangini, Benny Greb
Make of drumkit - Mullins, Pearl, Tama
Make of cymbal - Sabian
Where do you practice - home studio
Are you in a band - looking for one!
Do you play covers or originals - both, interpretations mostly... ha
What style of music - progressive?
What country do you live in - U.S.A.

I am hoping to get some feedback on what I am doing musically, so please check out my site when you have a chance. Thanks in advance!

Re: nouveau

bonjour tout nouveau sur le site!
batteur amateur passionné depuis l'enfance!
je joue avec gretsch et paiste;premier et sabian;
new classic;custom;2002;signature;b8
je cherche un batteur pour me remplacer region cantal;puy de dome;raison santé
merci de me contacter par mail!urgent!merci

The joy of google translate.... took 10 seconds.

hello new to the site!
avid amateur drummer since childhood!
I play with Gretsch and Paiste, Sabian and first;
new classic, custom, 2002; signature; b8
I'm looking for a drummer to replace me Cantal region, Puy de Dome, because health
thank you contact me by mail! urgent! thank you

Real name? Will

Age? 40

How long have you been playing? 8 to 24, then 38 to now... so around 18 years I guess.

Origin of user name? My (W140) S-Class Benz

Your top 5 drummers? Nick Barker (DIMMU BORGIR?CRADLE OF FILTH/LOCKUP), Paul Bostaph (FORBIDDEN/SLAYER) , Mike Bordin (FAITH NO MORE), Tom Larkin (SHIHAD), Robert “Inferno” Prominski (BEHEMOTH)

Make of drumkit? Roland V-Drum TD9KX plus TMC6 expansion (If I bought an acoustic kit, I'd choose a kit based on sound, not brand - prefer wood snares, though Ive always used metal snares in the past.)

Make of cymbal? Roland V-Cymbals (If I bought an acoustic kit, I'd get Sabian - and possibly a Paiste Novo 22 as well)

Where do you practice? My "drum room" at home.

Are you in a band? No, but do drum tracks for people in my free time.

Do you play covers or originals? Both - usually covers to practicce.

What style of music? Metal/Rock

Favourite take out food? Chinese - Beef and Cashews.

What country do you live in? Japan

One really odd fact about yourself? I have lived longer in Japan than I have in my own country of NZ, and I survived the 9.2 Japan quake last year. (thats 2 facts...)

How did you start drumming? Chopsticks and cushions in the livingroom listening to my parents albums. I have no idea why the urge to play percussion came so naturally - my father and grandfather played drums at some point in their lives - but briefly. My Dad played swing and Jazz during his teens, but gave up when he joined the Navy,

Real name? Mike
Age? 29
How long have you been playing? 16 years
Origin of user name? I mixed my band name "Crookedhook" with my name (I know, pretty clever right?)
Your top 5 drummers? Todd Rosenberg (Mad Caddies), Brandon Barnes (Rise Against), Rob Ferreira (Bigwig), Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Aaron Spears
Make of drumkit? Benton Custom Drums (it's a 1-off, so don't waste your time googling it...), also a Yamaha DTX500
Make of cymbal? Sabian, Zildjian
Where do you practice? everywhere, literally if I don't have sticks I'll still be drilling paradiddle variations with my hands on my thighs, you guys know what I'm talking about...
Are you in a band? yes, currently in Crookedhook
Do you play covers or originals? originals
What style of music? Skate Punk/Rock
Favourite take out food? eeek, Mc Dirty/Wendeys/KFC/Pizza Hut and any other fast food other than Burger King.
What country do you live in? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself? wow, there are so many, I hate wet non-porus materials. By that I mean that I prefer not to touch wet tiles or steel etc.
How did you start drumming? I saw my friend perform Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine in his basement with his brothers and the energy blew my mind. He soon became my best friend and he started teaching me all about the drums.

Last edited:
Real name? Fitz
Age? Timeless
How long have you been playing? 35 years
Origin of user name? I'm Fitz and I play drums...
Your top 5 drummers? Max Roach, Buddy Rich, Tony Allen (Fela Kuti), Ginger Baker, Bill Bruford
Make of drumkit? I mostly build my own, although I have been known to buy a kit once in a while. My drumkit changes week to week... my friends tend to give me drums that they can't or won't use.
Make of cymbal? Sabian, Zildjian
Where do you practice? In my head, in my heart, in my soul ;) At home and the studio.
Are you in a band? Yes, Heathen Ass Worship and The Fleet
Do you play covers or originals? originals, covers
What style of music? Heathen Ass Worship is 'sex-grab' music. The Fleet is a Fleetwood Mac cover band.
Favourite take out food? Kolaches.
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I play over 20 instruments.
How did you start drumming? My step-dad ran a drum and bugle corps at a minimum security prison. He brought home sticks and a practice pad and started teaching me.

Long, long, loooooong time lurker, finally decided to join. What a great website.

Real name? Erik
Age? 38
How long have you been playing? 7 years
Origin of user name? Troy is boss
Your top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Billy Cobham, Benny Greb, John Bonham, Burnard Purdie.
Make of drumkit? !i SONOR
Make of cymbal? Mainly Zildjian, but others mixed in there too.
Where do you practice? Basement and rehersal space
Are you in a band? yes
What style of music? Mainly rock
Favourite take out food? Italian
What country do you live in? Canada, eh!
One really odd fact about yourself? I have two left feet
How did you start drumming? Have always loved the drums. About time I did something about it.

Real name? Corey
Age? 31.
How long have you been playing,? 15 years with the last 4 being pretty slack.
Origin of user name? Everyone screws my name up and calls me Craig. Perhaps I mumble....
Your top 5 drummers? JP Gaster, Brann Dailor, Chris Pennie, Dave Lombardo, John Wright.
Make of drumkit? Mapex Black Panther Blaster.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian. Ks & K Customs.
Where do you practice? In my basement.
Are you in a band? No. Been over 10 years now.
Do you play covers or originals? Originals.
What style of music? Sludge, Metal, Punk Rock.
Favourite take out food? Donairs.
What country do you live in? Canada.
One really odd fact about yourself? I prefer flat cola.
How did you start drumming? Went to my first show in a community hall in 95 and *had* to get involved.

Not really a drummer

Real name? Milt Hathaway
Age? 51
How long have you been playing? 6 years, but not contiguously.
Origin of user name? My DNA sources
Your top 5 drummers? Jake Hanna, Joe Ascione, Neil Peart, Carl Palmer, Ringo Starr
Make of drumkit? Tama, Yamaha, Pearl, Gretsch
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian
Where do you practice? What's that?
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? N/A
What style of music? N/A
Favourite take out food? A big well-done burger from a Mom&Pop burger joint
What country do you live in? USofA
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm still here.
How did you start drumming? I wanted to, so I bought a kit.

I'm here to learn because in addition to playing I own a small backline rental company. The more I know what drummers prefer to hit the more likely I am to make the correct purchasing choices for my inventory. I also might be able to pass along anecdotes from my experiences providing gear for real working players.

Hello hello :)

Finally pursuing my life-long ambition to drum - never had the space or money for it, but now it's the time...

I'm Sinmara, 34, living in London - and my aim is to be a drummer in a Metal band (preferably Black Metal...). That will take a while though. Until then I'm taking drumming lessons :)

Real name? Not Sinmara...
Age? 34
How long have you been playing? just started
Origin of user name? Norse Mythology
Your top 5 drummers?
Make of drumkit? some starter kit, Mirage I think
Make of cymbal? errr... no idea!
Where do you practice? in my bedroom...
Are you in a band? Not yet!
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music? Black Metalllll. I like Industrial, EBM, Neofolk and other stuff too though, not limiting myself to that.
Favourite take out food? don't do takeaways
What country do you live in? England, baby.
One really odd fact about yourself? Don't know. I play roller derby? have plenty of ink and piercings. Don't care about gender stereotypes.
How did you start drumming? I want to be creative with music.

Last edited:
Hi All,

My name is Michael Brush. I'm a 26 y.o. semi pro drummer hailing from Rugby England. I'm endorsed by Premier Percussion UK Soultone Cymbals USA and Shaw X sticks UK. I've performed on headlining tours of the U.S.A (45 dates in 50 days) Europe and the UK.

I'm currently drumming for death metal band Incarnadine and for rock band mesch: whom I have played with for 10 years.

I'm looking to form a viking metal band much in the same vein as Amon Amarth.

I'm currently playing Premier Elite Series drum with a purple sparkle finish.

2 X 22" Kicks
8" 10" 12" 13" rack toms
14" 16" Floor toms
6X8 6X10 6X12 6X14 Octobans
14X6.5 Snare

Soultone Extreme series
12" 13" Hi Hats
16" 17" 18" 19" Crashes
20" Ride
17" 18" Chinas
6" 7" 8" splashes
5" bell

Shaw X C+ Sticks

I hope that I'll get to talk to awesome drummers and awesome people on this forum

Cheers,
Michael

Hello, everyone. Nice to meet ya. Here goes...

Real name? Jonathan, but I actually do go by 'Rook' more often than not IRL.
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? Just started (sort of)
Origin of user name? My high school nickname that has followed me ever since, but I like it pretty well, so that's ok.
Your top 5 drummers? Hmm...Neil Peart, John Bonham, Aaron Gillespie, Daniel Davison, Travis Barker
Make of drumkit? Alesis DM8
Make of cymbal? Alesis DM8
Where do you practice? My music room
Are you in a band? Just my own one-man-band lol
Do you play covers or originals? Both, I guess. But more originals than covers
What style of music? Rock, Metal, Folk, Post-rock...
Favourite take out food? Chinese
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I was born 2 days before the release of Def Leppard's "Hysteria", which also happens to be one of my favorite records. Go figure.
How did you start drumming? I'm a long time musician/songwriter (guitar, piano, bass) and have always wanted to learn the drums as well.

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all, I'm from New Zealand.

Age? 22
How long have you been playing? 4-6 years (extended breaks in between, so maybe 3)
Origin of user name? I like the band Deftones.
Your top 5 drummers? No particular order, probably forgetting people: Thomas Noonan (36 Crazyfists), Abe Cunningham (Deftones), Brann Dailor (Mastodon), David Silveria (ex- Korn), Jamie Saint Merat (Ulcerate)
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Electronic,
Make of cymbal? Same, but I like Paiste if I had to choose
Where do you practice? Drum room, under house
Are you in a band? Nope.
Do you play covers or originals? I generally just jam along to songs on my ipod
What style of music? Alt. Rock, "Metal", Hip-Hop, Drum n Bass. I like pretty varied stuff.
Favourite take out food? Burger Fuel
What country do you live in? Auckland, New Zealand.
One really odd fact about yourself? I can ride a unicycle.
How did you start drumming? My dad has drummed for a long time, and I had a go on his drums one day.

I had lessons for about 2 months back when I was 18, but other than that I'm self taught. I tend not to practice very hard, and just jam along to songs and have fun, so my technique is almost certainly not great, but I don't mind. I have fun, so that's the main thing.

Kirk Ross

I...

• Am a singer-songwriter.
• Was born in Los Angeles, California.
• Grew up in Santa Monica, Sussex England and Southern Oregon.
• Studied classical piano from the age of six to sixteen.
• Love snakes, spiders and video games..
• Studied jazz bass at Berklee College of Music in Boston.
• Moved to Los Angeles after college and began recording my own music.
• Have recorded and self-released several albums over the years.
• Toured Europe playing on the streets in Germany, France, Belgium and Czech Republic.
• Love cats, vanilla ice cream and RC sailplanes.
• Live in Pasadena, California.
• Sing and play bass, guitar, drums and piano.
• Releasing an album in March with Abe Laboriel Jr. on drums.

Name: Jerry
Age? 14
How long have you been playing? 6 years apx.
Origin of user name? I play syncopated.
Your top 6 drummers? Jojo Mayer, Thomas Lange, Benny Greb, Chris Coleman, Aaron Spears, Papa Jo Jones ( Not in an order )
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, but when I make the money I'm switching to Meinl.
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? Sort of.
Do you play covers or originals? When I'm jamming only sometimes.
What style of music? I play Jazz, R&B, Funk, Modern Rock
What country do you live in? USA.
One really odd fact about yourself? I tend to take pictures of myself a lot.
How did you start drumming? I've always been musically inclined in that I played a lot of instruments. I remember having one of those first act kits when I was around six and I played a lot. I remember going to Sam ash on my birthday with my dad and buying a Tama Imperialsar kit and I loved it. I played all the time, I began to get drum lessons which are a direct link from Daniel Glass. My teacher gets lessons by Daniel Glass and my teacher teaches me directly from him and always shows videos he takes of lessons by Daniel.

Real name? Hondo

Age? 49

How long have you been playing? 2 months (n00b!)

Origin of user name? nickname

Your top 5 drummers? Steve Smith, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, Jojo Mayer, John Bohnam

Make of drumkit? Tama Silverstar

Make of cymbal? Sabian AAX

Where do you practice? Home

Are you in a band? Nope

Do you play covers or originals? covers for practice/learning

What style of music? Rock/jazz/funk/occasional country

Favourite take out food? Chinese of course

What country do you live in? United States, Denver, Colorado

One really odd fact about yourself? I listen to La Villa Strangiato every day.

How did you start drumming? I always wanted to learn how to play but never had the place to play, the $$$ for the kit or the time. I have all of them now and am very excited to learn & do what I always wanted to do musically. I bought an 8 pc Tama Silverstar kit (wanted to future proof my shell kit) to learn on- what a great setup.

Last edited:
Hey! Seems this is the place to start here so here goes...

Real name? Johnny Somersett
Age? touching 30
How long have you been playing? 15 years
Origin of user name? Its my name, yo
Your top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, Janet Weiss, Bonham, Byron McMackin, Jojo M
Make of drumkit? Bit of everything
Make of cymbal? n/a
Where do you practice? Local rehearsal rooms and on my legs
Are you in a band? Yep! Occasional Kings
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Experimental/post-rock/electronica
Favourite take out food? Curry
What country do you live in? England
One really odd fact about yourself? errrm...maybe on a future date
How did you start drumming? Playing on friends kits

Well, now the formalities are over...

My names Johnny and I'm a drummer by default. Ive been primarily a guitarist for about 18 years, played in numerous bands and gigged on and off for years. Back in my teens I started having a go at drumming mainly for a laugh, eventually buying myself a few old kits from pawn shops etc. I got kicked out of home at 16 and over the next few years sold all my stuff either to eat or to save moving stuff around. I once bought a sparkle Ludwig kit, late 60's/early 70's, for £600 in a local pawn shop.. only to sell it for about £400 a year on (I also gave up a 1966 Fender Jazzmaster for £400 on the same day and that was equally gutting). But, despite all the trappings of survival I still drummed whenever I stumbled upon a kit and on my legs at any oppourtunity.

Fast forward a few years and last Autumn the drummer in my band had to stop drumming due to a weird skin condition that means he comes up in massive 'boils' under his skin. So, the decision was made for me to stop the guitar and drum for the band (he's now on synths & keys).

Having had MASSIVE kits in the past I always fancied just stripping back and being more concerned with the groove of drumming so I started building my own small kit.

This is it:

54372070.jpg

I see you lot like it spec'd out so here you go...

Mapex 14x5 Maple snare (tuned TIGHT!)
Gretsch Catalina 22x18 kick drum (stock heads, tuned nice, 1 pillow lightly touching batter)
Tama Iron Cobra Jr double kick pedal
Tama Iron Cobra hi-hat stand

The cymbals are borrowed off the ex-drummer in my band until I source a set of my favourites. Those on there at the moment are Sabian AAX's (14 hats and 19 crash/ride).

I get a bonus through work in March which is when I'll be sorting a set of Istanbul Agop Sultan 14" Hats and a Sultan 20" ride.

It's a small setup but when I get the cymbals Ill be fine... you can get loads more sounds out of those Istanbuls than you can from the generic Sabians.

Anyways, thats my hello!

Evenging all! Kinda stumbled across this forum a little while ago and saw it was pretty good for advice, lots of friendly people so I thought I'd join up! I'm a self taught drummer, been playing for roughly 5 years after getting bored of playing Guitar ;)

Real name? John
Age? 21
How long have you been playing? 5 years
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina Club
Make of cymbal? Paiste / Sabian / Wuhan / Custom made
Where do you practice? Home / Studio with the band
Are you in a band? Yes
What style of music? Funk-Math-Noise Rock
Favourite take out food? Pizza
What country do you live in? England
How did you start drumming? Playing on friends kits at band practices, back when I played Guitar

My current kit setup, no photos atm! :(
201223204911106.jpg

Back