What's your "day" job?

I work in Diversity at the University of Southampton. We make sure we don't break the law with regards to equality issues and set up best practice initiatives. etc...

I am the Drumming Instructor for a troubled teen program called The Alldredge Academy. We use drumming circles as part of the students therapy. I organize drum circles, teach traditional West African drum rythms, and the students play on Ashikos that I help them build. We perform out in public at local schools, senior centers, or local festivals and fairs. The drumming helps the students to reconnect, builds confidence, and teaches them how to work as a group. The drumming helps the students to focus and strive for a "one drum" sound. I feel that I am blessed to be a part of such a great program, and help these kids to find their way. It is really rewarding to watch these kids make a transition into becoming a positive individual, and to make a living not only helping kids but doing what I love to do more than anything else. Never stop drumming!

Last edited:
I work in a supermarket- boooooring- but at least I can practise drums on the checkout, its set out really well for that. bosses get annoyed though.

LargeJoe said:
im a chimney sweep.. and i install stoves!

ha. people don't believe chimney sweeps still exist.

Thank God for chimney sweeps! I wish we had some where I live. I'm a volunteer firefighter and every year when the cold weather hits everyone cranks up their wood stoves and fire places and they are in shock when the side of their house is on fire. They don't clean out their chimneys! All of that build up ignites and then they call us. I tip my hat to you sir, you have a very important job!

I am currently a Lieutenant serving as a Watch Commander for a police department. I'm a gradutae of the FBI National Academy and previously served as a military police soldier in the U.S. Army, active, Operation Desert Shield Desert Storm. I've been with my current agency for thirteen years.

im a highschool student, after school i work at a gas station for 3 hours a day 6 days a week. this summer im taking a graphic design class so hopefully i can go farther in that.

I'm an instrument engineer in a recycled fibre mill that makes tonnes of toilet paper.
Affectionately known as bog-roll in the UK . . . . . .
There's more to making bog-roll than meets the eye . . . . believe me . . . .
Whatever . . . . it provides the funds to buy my drums !

kzdruma said:
I have the best "day job"! I sit around a music store all day a play the electronic drum sets when im really really bored. A couple days of the week I give lessons to littler kids! Its awesome!

Must be somthing in the air in Wisconsin... Because I do the same thing..
I am drum manager and head instructor at a music store..
I will soon be owning my own company called TorZel..
Speaking of that. I will be revealing the Thunder Head soon...

Thunder Head is a revolutionary new front Bass Drum Head that gives the drum a big low sound.....

Well, my "day" job is looking after my three children - two boys aged 7 and 4, and my daughter who just turned one. Plus all the horrible stuff like doing the laundry and cleaning etc.

Before that I worked a few different jobs in the medical/dental industry.

RTDRUMS said:
Must be somthing in the air in Wisconsin... Because I do the same thing..
I am drum manager and head instructor at a music store..
I will soon be owning my own company called TorZel..
Speaking of that. I will be revealing the Thunder Head soon...

Thunder Head is a revolutionary new front Bass Drum Head that gives the drum a big low sound.....

Hey - mind if I ask you a few questions off line?

-Shane

I do electronics design for a living. Both industrial electronics and audio gear, so feel free to ask if anybodey has audio-gear-related problems.

im a sofmore in high school druing the summer with is right now haha i work for my sister as a manney (male nanney) it pays good makes more than any of the other jobs i can get for summer plus i only work 2times a week. this week i will be working at the us senior open(a buch of old dudes playing golf) i will be a server and make $10 and hour plus tips ALLSOME that how im playing for my drum stuff then druing school im pretty much screwed no making money there...

Back