Show Off Your PEARL!

Cheers Fishbones, I was in a Police Tribute band and that Ride was awesome........my 18' crash looks tiny compared to the 22'

ha ha diegobxr

Question: What happened to the poor ZXT on the first pic?? It looks all bent!!

The ZXT cymbal was made like that.............I never liked it much too be honest

Beautiful sets!

Here's mine, a Pearl Reference Purple Craze kit:

34297653.jpg

32564244br5.jpg

dsc0544.jpg

22676811.jpg

More pics and updates in this thread ;)

hmm, it depends on the light. it's more purple in the sun and more blue when it's cloudy or in shadow, when the light is cold. but it's rather a warmer tone of blue ;) I like it a lot.

This kit used to be my stage kit until i bought some PDP Platinums (See the "Show Off Your DW" thread for those :)) This is now my throw around basher for studio and home practices. It will not look like this for long though as I'm refinishing it in the next few weeks as a little project (I'll keep ya'll posted in the "Drum Modification" thread). It's a Pearl Forum in a carbon fibre wrap circa 2005. Cheers

The specs are:
22in Kick
14in Snare
12in Rack
14in Floor

Cymbals are all Zildjian ZXT's:
14in HH
16in Crash
18in Crash
20in Ride
18in China

P1010008.jpg

P1010005.jpg

photo.jpg
photo-3.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:
My latest Pearl gem. 22x18", 16x16", 12x9" Reference in Ivory Pearl lacquer. I love these drums, they sound amazing. However, they're heavy as hell and I can't stand hauling them to gigs, so I just picked up a used Gretsch Renown kit on eBay for CHEAP, in the same sizes.

Attachments

• Vin_Afrosonics_drumkit.jpg
    Vin_Afrosonics_drumkit.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 3,480
  • 2010-08-12_07-59-55_695.jpg
    2010-08-12_07-59-55_695.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 3,503
  • 2010-08-12_08-00-15_754.jpg
    2010-08-12_08-00-15_754.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 3,445
  • 2010-08-12_08-00-39_937.jpg
    2010-08-12_08-00-39_937.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 3,456
My latest Pearl gem. 22x18", 16x16", 12x9" Reference in Ivory Pearl lacquer. I love these drums, they sound amazing. However, they're heavy as hell and I can't stand hauling them to gigs, so I just picked up a used Gretsch Renown kit on eBay for CHEAP, in the same sizes.

Wow. They look fantastic!
A shot of my MCA's on stage. They are heavy enough!
2bootMCA.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jim! Those MCX drums look real sweet, indeed! I had some myself (see further back in the thread) and loved 'em. Pearl drums are definitely NOT lightweights, due to the serious hardware they're bolting onto them. Nobody does quality like Pearl, however, and they sound great, too.

Man, and a 6x14" brass free-floater? Wanna trade kits?

Normally I'm not a fan of white finishes, but that lacquer looks pretty classy. A true wedding gig kit.

Man, and a 6x14" brass free-floater? Wanna trade kits?

Normally I'm not a fan of white finishes, but that lacquer looks pretty classy. A true wedding gig kit.

Thanks! I can't say that I LOVE the FF, but I can say that it's the most sensitive snare I've ever encountered. Barometric pressure makes the snares react on this thing. It's loud as hell, too. I'm still pining for a brass snare with a little more personality, I guess.

some of my late great Pearl kits...
Antique Gold MMX
Maple/Mahog sapphire fade kit.

Attachments

• MMX sm16.jpg
    MMX sm16.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3,362
  • MW detail.jpg
    MW detail.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 3,416
  • Masters&MW.jpg
    Masters&MW.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 3,396
  • tom placement opti's.jpg
    tom placement opti's.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 3,614
I'm not usually a fan of Pearl drums (do like some of the hardware though) but your set looks beautiful. Very clean & sharp. Liking the look of those kick drum claws too. As for the FF, well, I always have been a fan. It's still the snare bargain of the year award from me. They might lack a touch of character, but for volume, sensitivity (16" wire model especially), & build quality, they're difficult to beat at any price. Great gigging "go to" snare. Liking that kit finish. The fact that it's a lacquer elevates it way beyond a wrap for me. Cool!

I'm not usually a fan of Pearl drums (do like some of the hardware though) but your set looks beautiful. Very clean & sharp. Liking the look of those kick drum claws too. As for the FF, well, I always have been a fan. It's still the snare bargain of the year award from me. They might lack a touch of character, but for volume, sensitivity (16" wire model especially), & build quality, they're difficult to beat at any price. Great gigging "go to" snare. Liking that kit finish. The fact that it's a lacquer elevates it way beyond a wrap for me. Cool!

Thanks! I've heard a lot of folks on this board get down on Pearl drums, which is weird, to me. These Refs are easily the best drums I've ever heard and I've never seen build quality *anywhere* close to this. The shells are perfect, edges are flawless, as is the hardware and finish. The tuning range is beyond anything I've tried so far, and the sound is top-shelf. Different strokes, I guess.

The FF is a good workhorse, indeed. LOVE the "glidelock" strainer. I've got 30-strand Puresound wires on it...it's almost TOO sensitive! ;)

Here's a few pics of my old Pearl EXR (without cymbals)

Attachments

• GOOD1.JPG
    GOOD1.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 4,659
  • GOOD2.JPG
    GOOD2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,376
  • GOOD5.JPG
    GOOD5.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,345
  • IMG_1679GOOD.JPG
    IMG_1679GOOD.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 3,359
Wouldn't rather play anything else. Pearl Masters Premium Birch, and Meinl Byzance. Check it out.

Attachments

• Pearl Masters Meinl Byzance.jpg
    Pearl Masters Meinl Byzance.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 5,353
  • pic 1 bitch.jpg
    pic 1 bitch.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 5,235
Last edited:
Back