Your favourite hi hats, chinas, crashes, rides and splashes

I have pretty much a full set of Istanbul Mehmet Radiant cymbals. I just happened to come across a pair of hihats and a medium ride in a drum shop near me and they sound totally amazing And I bought them there and then! I have expanded in this and gone and got crashes and splashes in Radiant to make a full set. The thing is, after buying those hats and that ride, I researched Radiants and found they have been played by heavy metal guys like the drummer out of Black Sabbath but I don't think they are heavy metal style cymbals at all!! I think they are very versatile and I think they could be used in any musical situation.

Hi-Hats: Sabian 14" AA Regular Hats - Bright tone, nice click
Splashes: Sabian 8", 10" Paragon Splashes - Bright, fast, percussive Splashes
Crashes: Sabian 18" AAXplosion Crash, Sabian 17" HHX X-Treme Crash - One is a bright, longer sustained Rockcrash, the other one is a nice dark, trashy, fast Effectcrash
Rides: Right now I got a Sabian 20" HH Medium Ride, but I'm looking forward to buy an 21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride - I want something dark, pingy, still musical tone when it comes to Rides
Chinas: Sabian 19" Paragon China - Trashy, dark China, also like Wuhans and Staggs

I've played a large variety of hats. Believe it or not, I keep going back to my Sabian Xs20 14" medium hats.

Favorite crash is Meinl Byzance 18" Extra Dry Thin Crash. Hands down the best crash I've ever played/owned.

The mid 80's Zildjian K heavy ride is my personal favorite, but finding one is never easy.

Zildjian A custom 10" splash is amazing, even though I'm currently playing on a Sabian AAX 11" Xplosion splash. IMO, the thinner the splash, the better!

My fav China is the Zildjian A series China Boy High in 16".

I'ld also like to mention that even though I'm so impressed with the meinl crash I choose as my fav, the old Zildjian Paper thin crashes are definitely my second choice.

I like all my cymbals a lot. Well all of my good ones anyway. I have a couple of cym. that I bought for a specific purpose, and those 2 are 18" K dark med. thin, and a 20" Sabian ISO cash. They don't qualify for my general playing though. My favorites are 18" Paiste Sig. full crash, 14" new beats, and 22" Sabian Omni ride. I have about four more great cym. , but those three are my most favorite.

Hats:

14" K Cons
14" Canadian New Beats (I use the NB top and the Con top together most of the time. Both around 800/850g, so a smooth, low, washy tone.)

Crashes:

18" & 19" Kerope
20" Johan VDS
20" Kerope

Rides:

2 x 22" Keropes (2150g/2450g)
K Dark Medium Ride

Always on the lookout for new gear though!

Hats: 14" HHX Evolutions
14" 70's hollow logo new beats
14" AAX Stage

Rides: 22" HH Jam master
21" 60's A ride
22" A series Med heavy ride
20" 50's K

Crashes: Evolution and AAXplosions.

Last edited:
Back