Show Off Your PEARL!

You bet, it was tiny. but I couldn't tune anything worth a crap (and I still have a hard time getting the snare to feel exactly how I want) thus tape everywhere, e-rings, shirt.. good times.
My first set was a black falling apart westbury that I bought for $550! talk about getting conned. The bottom hi-hat cymbal was a cracked splash that was bright green with age, the ride was an unknown crash that sounded like a china, and the drums overall sounded like shit. getting that export brand new and getting to assemble it was like christmas.

pearlelx2-1.jpg

pearlelx4.jpg

pearlex2.jpg

pearlelx5.jpg

I don't have any current pictures of my set-up. However, I'll put these up until I get new ones.

picture.php

picture.php

Heres my kit:
24mf0r8.jpg

Pearl Forums Export Series:

Remo WeatherKing Powerstroke 3's, batter for everything but the floor tom, and thats a Remo Emperor.

Resonant heads are the pearl heads that were on it 12 years ago. o;

Im not all too sure of the measurements, it was given to me and i haven't had to buy any heads since.

Pearl Eliminater Chain Drive Double Bass Pedal,

Cymbals:
20" Sabian B8 Rock Ride
12" Sabian B8 Splash
16" Sabian B8 Medium Crash
14" Pearl Pro Hi-Hats

thought id update the thread with some pics of my kit. not brilliant, looks well odd without the kick drum skin on it. still you get the idea. pics were taken during a recording session.

pearl VBX in concorde fade with pst3's. cymbals are getting replaced for AAX's shortly as they aint very good for live performances.
P1050623.jpg

P1050625.jpg

my old pearl kit

pearl exr kit with sabian AA's all round.
Blackroute1.jpg

long live pearl!!!!

Last edited:
I figured that it was time that I put my little Pearl Rhythm Traveler in this thread.

This kit is a joy to transport and play.

I use the RT toms as Timbales sometimes with my standard kits.
I use the RT bass drum with standard size toms sometimes too.
It has been a very useful kit.
I like to mic it and record with it also.
I put the mics inside of the toms and get a great 70s sound.

This kit has many uses.

Attachments

• IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 3,719
  • IMG_2407.jpg
    IMG_2407.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 3,675
I swear Bob, you're becoming an influence with that thing. I might need a kit like that soon....

Thanks alot.
The Funny thing is that when I bought that kit I intended to use it only for silent practice with the mesh heads and the rubber cymbal mutes that came with it.

I became totally immersed with it and I began to experiment with heads and tuning and such.
I have never put the mesh heads on it, and I have never used for what I had originally intended!

Those stupid little drums have become an addiction for me.
I keep trying different things with them and liking everything that I try.

I don't have any current pictures of my set-up. However, I'll put these up until I get new ones.

picture.php

picture.php

Coldhardsteel, I've beek looking at your kit for about 10 minutes now and I can't help seeing it like a torture to play.. And besides the weird config, the BD is also facing the wrong way.. what about that??

Very stylish and nice kit BTW, but seriously, how do you manage to play it??

Coldhardsteel, I've beek looking at your kit for about 10 minutes now and I can't help seeing it like a torture to play.. And besides the weird config, the BD is also facing the wrong way.. what about that??

and....where's the hihats???

and....where's the hihats???

It wasn't difficult to play at all. The only thing that was difficult was doing the basic rock fill, four strokes from the 10 to the 16. I could do a lot using double-strokes and it also forced me to experiment with tom fills. The bass drum facing the wrong way was irrelevant due to the fact that there was nothing on the bass drum. I originally had it that way in order to mount toms in a conventional fashion while having them closer to me. I also used to mount my 8" on the bracket, but that's not pictured, I think.

The hi-hats are placed to where my right would be while sitting down at the kit. That was an interesting experience messing with what I could do to the drop-clutch.

I had a blast playing this kit, don't get me wrong. Not a challenge unless you have to play a conventional set-up.

This was when I first got my Masterworks so a rare photo of it all set up.....

pearlmasterworks.jpg

pearlmasterworks01.jpg

I have a more stripped down version these days and use Paiste, I have signature hats now even though Zildjian in the pics.....

master1.jpg

master2.jpg

master3.jpg

WOW Spides, that's one sweet kit, congrats.

Question: What happened to the poor ZXT on the first pic?? It looks all bent!!

Here's my Pearl Custom Z drums - 10 ,12 ,13, 16. I don't have a matching bass drum unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_1257 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1257 (Medium).JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 3,653
  • IMG_1262 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1262 (Medium).JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 3,548
Here are some Pearl kits I no longer own:
BRX in Vintage Sunburst Fade; BLX in Seqouia Red; MCX in Pewter Glass

Attachments

• IMG_1075 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1075 (Medium).JPG