Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x13

Dirtysticks

Here's some shots of my new (to me) Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x13 snare. I love it! Nice earthy metallic/almost woody tone, but with tons of bite and projection. It has amazing body and girth to the sound, not a slappy crack, but a robust pop with crack! Really sensitive too. I had this on on layaway when I got my 5x14nSenitone Aluminum, but when I went back and heard it again, I returned the Sensitone and got this. This snare is a beast!

Dirtysticks, man, that's a real pretty snare... I've got a real soft spot for mapex snares... I've got two black panthers: one maple/walnut, and one steel. Seeing those pictures makes me want to add a bronze now. What Remo heads have you got on it?

Dirtysticks, man, that's a real pretty snare... I've got a real soft spot for mapex snares... I've got two black panthers: one maple/walnut, and one steel. Seeing those pictures makes me want to add a bronze now. What Remo heads have you got on it?

Thanks, I love that snare.

Right now, I'm just running a Coated Ambassador, but I may try a Black Suede, X14, or Coated Emperor next.

Back