Show off your TAMA !

In my honest opinion, I think Samson drum mics are a bit of a game changer. I haven't seen many clips on Youtube that accurately portray the quality of sound that you can get from them. All you have to do is check out any of Cobus' newer clips to be wow'd..

Hopefully when I start uploading videos I can better spread the word.

Yep me too- seems i've to check Cobus's videos-Thank u :)

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    108 KB · Views: 2,541
Dude i really dig the snare- and the kick too- seems to listen ez drummer samples :D

Thanks! I had to play with the kick quite a bit, tuning and muffling wise. The kick is actually tuned up more than I normally would, but following someone's advice a cranked it up and tuned it like a tom and then detuned it until it started sounding like a canon. There is a flat pillow in it and the heads are the Emad2 system with muffle rings on both batter and reso. The front of the mic is just barely inside the port hole up front.

C02 all the way. Incredible little CHEAP mics. =)

I downloaded some drumless tracks that I wanted to wait until I've got video for, but I'm chomping at the bit to record stuff now. I'll update you when I'm officially up and running.

Thanks! I had to play with the kick quite a bit, tuning and muffling wise. The kick is actually tuned up more than I normally would, but following someone's advice a cranked it up and tuned it like a tom and then detuned it until it started sounding like a canon. There is a flat pillow in it and the heads are the Emad2 system with muffle rings on both batter and reso. The front of the mic is just barely inside the port hole up front.

C02 all the way. Incredible little CHEAP mics. =)

I downloaded some drumless tracks that I wanted to wait until I've got video for, but I'm chomping at the bit to record stuff now. I'll update you when I'm officially up and running.

I have used the C02 on snare several times. A little more finnicky about drum choice and positioning than a 57 but when it works its great.

Did you say you used the c02 on the kick drum too?

I have used the C02 on snare several times. A little more finnicky about drum choice and positioning than a 57 but when it works its great.

Did you say you used the c02 on the kick drum too?

Its working ok so far. My main focus is getting a good snare sound out of it, which it is almost doing. It still sounds a flat to my ear, but that could be a tuning issue. The heads are old and could be changed out.

Here is another track I did yesterday. I really just wanted to hammer something out and see what it sounded like in a mix, so it isn't perfect and the drums are pretty boring. The snare is a too loud in this mix, but overall for this being day 2 of my mic'ing experience I am pleased. I figure when I actually know what I'm doing I'll be able to achieve great results.

https://soundcloud.com/marblegt/mooore-metal

The kick is the Samson Qkick that came in the mic kit. It sounds absolutely thunderous. The heads are tighter than I would normally have them just to get rid of the "dodge ball on gym floor" sound, and I opted to put in a flat pillow as opposed to my normal nothing in mindset.

Here's my kit at our church:

Attachments

• Kit for forums.jpg
    Kit for forums.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 2,619
what serie of tama is this ? can it be a tama royal star? how mutch is that worth?

Attachments

• tama.jpg
    tama.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,519
  • tama 1.jpg
    tama 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,541
I've been playing TAMA kits all my life, but this one takes the cake so far.
It's a limited edition Starclassic Performer B/B in figured glazed birch. Just picked it up recently. The B/Bs don't need any introduction, but the finish on this piece is nothing short of amazing. The heads are alright too (although I still prefer the Evans G1/G12 coated on the B/Bs). I hope you like it.

These photos remind me I need a matching Speed Cobra hi-hat stand!

Attachments

• glb1.jpg
    glb1.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 2,497
  • glb2.jpg
    glb2.jpg
    877.4 KB · Views: 2,529
  • glb3.jpg
    glb3.jpg
    932 KB · Views: 2,468
It's a limited edition Starclassic Performer B/B in figured glazed birch. Just picked it up recently. The B/Bs don't need any introduction, but the finish on this piece is nothing short of amazing. The heads are alright too (although I still prefer the Evans G1/G12 coated on the B/Bs). I hope you like it.

WHOOOAAA!!! im in love...

im seriously jelly of you.

Absolutely Gorgeous!

very nice kit. I've always liked the BB's over maple. Nice pies too.

Thank you, guys.
Really happy to have nabbed that finish, LE badge adds some flavor also.

Got some SLP snares too, also highly recommended if anyone's on the fence. The aluminum one is by far my favorite of the line, brings back memories I guess. The classic maple I actually prefer more than the Starclassic Maple snare. Haven't tried the STAR and Starphonic snares yet, so can't comment on those.

I finally got around to taking a couple of pics of my Artstar
IMG_20140108_1651262.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20140108_1651102.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back