What's your "day" job?

Re: Whats your Job?

Now that would be a nice turn in the road for you!

Joined a new band, had our first rehearsal in a fantastic studio in North London last night. Have a gig in January and one A&R man has committed to seeing us with a real possibility of another, competing A&R man also going along. Interest from NME as well as possible radio play. The band's demo is excellent and that's what hooked me in to begin with.

We'll see.

I'm a translator (Russian, English). Also doing interpreting (Russian) at times.

That's why I'm mostly working at home and happen to have a lot of time in-between work - or to keep my feet busy while working at the PC.

(In fact - as typical - I'm practicing doubles ATM while typing this... Having my double pedal & kick practice pad right under my PC desk. This has become so much second nature within those 2 years I'm into drumming that I had to think for a moment whether my feet are doing 'something' or are idle, haha.)

Joined a new band, had our first rehearsal in a fantastic studio in North London last night. Have a gig in January and one A&R man has committed to seeing us with a real possibility of another, competing A&R man also going along. Interest from NME as well as possible radio play. The band's demo is excellent and that's what hooked me in to begin with.

We'll see.
Well you never know! Good Luck!

I'm a translator (Russian, English). Also doing interpreting (Russian) at times.

That's why I'm mostly working at home and happen to have a lot of time in-between work - or to keep my feet busy while working at the PC.

(In fact - as typical - I'm practicing doubles ATM while typing this... Having my double pedal & kick practice pad right under my PC desk. This has become so much second nature within those 2 years I'm into drumming that I had to think for a moment whether my feet are doing 'something' or are idle, haha.)
You are an extreme mad man! :)

As much as I wish I could pay the bills with my music, I fix and implement corporate computers/networks. It really is every bit as exciting as it sounds.

Custom builder,mostly cottages,smaller log buildings put them on wheels and take them to your site. Been doing this for 35 years,Also sell fire wood on the side keeps me outside in the fresh air{sore back and no money,its all good}

Student, with two terms left on double AAS degrees: network admin and database admin. Already snagged my AutoCAD certificate last June.

Edit: Now a FOH engineer for a 146 capacity club that brings in regional and small national acts.

Last edited:

Public and private guitar, bass, drums and saxophone teacher.
Freelance guitarplayer.
Currently also school band conductor.

Work within the recruiting arm of a large global company. I manage a regional team of 5 in 2 states, supporting payroll for over 8,000 IT/Administration and Light Industrial contract employees in 4 states.

Peace,

I am President and CEO of Flight Drummers. We are an innovative provider of drumming education.

I pretty much wake up, go to the HQ here in Wooster, edit videos, write articles, teach private lessons, and network with my professional drummer buddies!

I absolutely love what I do!

-Derek

I am an assistant manger at Guitar Center. Started in the drum department, then moved to pro audio ( graduate of The Recording Workshop ). My life is all about music, from my job, to playing in my band Scrap Gold. My wife does middle eastern folk dancing, ( belly dancing ), and have done some sound, and hand drumming gigs with her. A friend and I also collect found sounds, and manipulate electronica, for our own enjoyment and curiosity, ( think John Cage meets Varese ).

I am an assembly technician at a small company that manufactures custom and medium run, small package, inline fiber optic devices for the telecomunication, medical, educational, research and areospace industries.

I do final assembly, testing and quality control. Though being a small company, we all do odd jobs as well. I will do light machine work and electrical assembly and troubleshooting here and there as well.

That job pays for my hobbies and college.

I just left the British army after serving in the Javelin Anti-Tanks and Machine gun platoon within, 2nd Battalion, The Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters)

I completed one tour of duty in Afghanistan, OP HERRICK 15

I now work as a drum technician in my local studio in london, that Paul Weller and the Gallows often attend, I also work part time in a bar some evenings!

:)

Back