100 year old mahogany

Those drums are to DIE for!

Get it?

GET IT?!?!?!?!

Gorgeous gorgeous work man. The finish looks wet. What a great job finishing. The allens are a nice screw too. The inlay puts the drum on a whole nother level. I think this wood will be happier here than where it came from. You cannot beat old growth aged wood for tone. I can't wait to hear sound files.

Life detoured and delayed things, but I have the kit assembled, and they work pretty good in the trial run. I may rip open the kick and thin the shell a little more, could use a little more boom out of it. The home built floor tom leg suspension system was easy to make and works really well. Snare is a very thin shell Canarywood stave that I also built.

VIDEO:

Really Really Really Nice!
Top Notch job all the way. I agree that a thin shell bass drum makes great sound.
The best sounding bass drum that I own is my 65 3 ply 14x18 Slingerland. The shell is thin and you would swear that it is a 20" bass if you closed your eyes.

I am confused about the lugs. They look to be arced 90 degrees to the curve of the drums. what am I missing?

Those look great!
Very nice work indeed.

The only thing that's bothering me is the mounting system, the metal parts are covering up too much of those beautiful shells.

Other than that I love the whole idea of using older wood, and giving new life to it.
Wonderful!

Back