Can mods read PM's?

Yes, you naughty, naughty man!

But are they read? That would be a bit like a peeping Tom, no? I want complete privacy.

Of course you have privacy online.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know for sure if we can see PMs, but I doubt anyone is interested or has time for it. I certainly don't... well, not until you mentioned it!

Bermuda

Of course you have privacy online.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know for sure if we can see PMs, but I doubt anyone is interested or has time for it. I certainly don't... well, not until you mentioned it!

Bermuda

Great lol.

Yea, you got me, it was a dumb question lol.

If I were a mod and had access? Yea, I'd probably secretly read them, I have to be honest. Probably more entertaining than the forum lol. Power corrupts, what can I say?

I'm always very careful what I say about mods in PMs.

For sure they can read PM's. They know who's dis'ng them privately, pretty sure they can see what you compose also, so don't even think about typing bad stuff in their regard, they can see it b/f you delete it.

They can probably turn your computers camera on and watch you too. They probably won't admit to all the control they have, but beware.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 410
If it is not sent to them, then no.

But PM's can be reported or fwd to them.

Top level Admins can not read PM's not sent to them, but they can see if PM's have been sent.

Yes they can.

But only if the font is large and the words are small.

Larry for mod. Vote now!

Yes they can.

But only if the font is large and the words are small.

Larry for mod. Vote now!

Ooooo classic burn! Pretty funny man. Pissed that I didn't think of it myself.

You wouldn't want me as a mod, I'd be reading all your PM's!

So some say yes, some say no. Not sure now.

I owned and ran a pretty successful message board for guitarists at one point and I know for sure you could set it up to where all PMs are also posted as new messages in a section nobody else can see.

The guy that was initially running it with me did that without me knowing about it. I had an idea he was doing this, so I tricked him by sending a fake message to another friend. My "partner" guy talked about it right after I sent it. LOL... He wasn't very smart. :)

I had it shut off, because that's a little too over-the-top for me.

I'm shooting for generally no, or if they can, they probably choose not to (or don't have the time). If mod's read all PM's as a matter of course, there's a few ex members who would have been ex much earlier than was the case.

We know all and see all.....however, I don't snoop. Don't have time or interest normally. But if requested we are on it like stink on poop.

You better watch out, you better not shout.
We knows if you've been bad or good.

We know all and see all.....however, I don't snoop. Don't have time or interest normally. But if requested we are on it like stink on poop.

You better watch out, you better not shout.
We knows if you've been bad or good.

And I'm guessing your "belly shakes like a bowl full of jelly".

This forum does not use SSL, so anyone with wire access can read PMs as they're being sent.

While I wouldn't get hung up about it, I'd recommend giving proper consideration to anything you post anywhere on the internet regardless of the perceived privacy.

Back