Ludwig Fan Club

• Thread starter Jusstickinaround
  • Start date
Holy Cow!!! That Stainless steel kit is awesome!

I really liked those drums, but could never afford them (too young) when they were originally out.
The new ones are very cool as well, too bad they don't have all the sizes like they used too. Although Ronn Dunnett can do a shell, since he made the new ones for Ludwig.

Have fun with that kit!!!

I don't own ludwigs, but I'd like to at some point.

This is an awesome thread, so many pretty drums...

My 2010 Classic Maples. 22x14 12x8 16x16

rimg0012l.jpg

rimg0010j.jpg

cheers
Max

I've got a 24" Centennial kit, with the 16 x15 floor tom. but with the floor tom I've tried two different heads on it now (evans ec2, and remo fiberskyn) and with the two different head set-ups i cant get this thing to tune good at all. I mean it sounds like shit, not even decent. For those of you whos got this kit and have it sounding amazing, what heads do you have on all the drums but specifically the floor tom?

I've got the arena kit with the 16" and 18" floors. Tried a couple of variations but they sound best (to my liking) with Remo Emperors on top and Ambassadors on the bottom. Didn't have much luck with the stock Ludwig resos so got them out of the way. The floor toms did need a lot of patience to tune right but you'll love them when you do.

I posted these in the Your Gear section but thought id throw them in here too for people browsing through.... Its pretty cool to see some of the older ludwigs along with the newer ones all in one thread, enjoy!

BTW its a ludwig x-over (walnut/poplar/ birch rings) 20x22 kick, 8x12, and 14x 16, and a 8x14 mapex black panther snare

Attachments

• kit6.JPG
    kit6.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 4,203
  • kit7.JPG
    kit7.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 4,101
  • kit8.JPG
    kit8.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 4,101
I've got a 24" Centennial kit... For those of you whos got this kit and have it sounding amazing, what heads do you have on all the drums but specifically the floor tom?

Vintage E's over SW Ambassadors on all toms. The 14" I can't get to sound good, I think I seated the batter head too much and damaged it. Get the batters a full turn above jaw, then crank the reso. The stock Ludwig resos have to go for sure.

Thanks for the insight guys, im going to keep trying to get these heads to sound good, if not though Im going to take the advice and get some ambassadors and emporerors.

I've got a 24" Centennial kit, with the 16 x15 floor tom. but with the floor tom I've tried two different heads on it now (evans ec2, and remo fiberskyn) and with the two different head set-ups i cant get this thing to tune good at all. I mean it sounds like shit, not even decent. For those of you whos got this kit and have it sounding amazing, what heads do you have on all the drums but specifically the floor tom?

I would suggest Remo Emperor's it gives them a nice controlled sound.

Good Luck,
Bonzolead

I think I qualify to be in the "Ludwig Fan Club". Everything belongs to my dad but he he gave me 92 super classics on the riser. He brought home the 5th Ludwig kit today. One of a kind silver sparkle that wasn't offered in this series, he didn't say which series. We have a total of around 50 drums, this includes snares, bass drums, and toms.

1023101516c.jpg

Ludwigs4.jpg

ludwigs6.jpg

1102101415a.jpg

1102101416a.jpg

101_369020Resized.jpg

101_370220Resized.jpg

0828101340a.jpg

76518_1708249624969_1199926695_31932036_2897762_n.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

Awsome Ludwig kits dude! You're in the club alright, I could get lost in your drum room there playing all day.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going!"

gravy1.jpg

To robderrick - how are you getting on with your Centennials? This is a very, very, very underrated kit, which is, in my opinion, more than equal to the Classic Maples; they just need a bit of fiddling and tweaking. Scrap the stock heads and get some Emperors/Ambassadors and you'll have the sound you've been dreaming of. I really believe that these drums are amazingly underpriced compared to the rest of the current market (two up, one down, yawn) and once you've got them tuned-in they will sound fantastic. In thirty years time the Centennials will become one of those kits that everyone wished they'd bought. Trust me - i'm a teacher.

Before my original post i had ordered a set of powerstroke 3's for my floor and ive had them now for about three weeks and am having the same tuning problem, im going today to buy emperors for both toms and i plan on spending all of this long weekend tuning to get the best sound! but now onto the bass drum, right now ive got a fiberskyn head on front and a emad 2 for the batter, it sounds pretty good but i was just wondering what you guys recommend for the batter, it needs replacing soon too.

oh and another question, since you guys are way more experienced at tuning, with the centennial toms, tighter on bottom, looser, or as close to the same as possible?

Well I've had a profile here but never posted my kit. Here is my Ludwig Accent Custom Elite five piece kit in Ice Blue sparkle. 100% birch shells with a lacquer finish not wrap. Sizes are 12x10 and 13x11 rack toms, 16x16 floor tom, and 14xcan't remember how deep the snare is haha. DW 7000 double bass pedal, ludwig, and gibraltar hardware. Cymbals are 14" Sabian AAX Stage Hihats, 14" Wuhan China, 22" Sabian AA Rock Ride, and a cracked 20" HHX Power Crash. I have Two other Sabian AA 18" crashes, one is a medium and the other is a Metal-X, that I intend on cutting out the crack for later use. Also intend on getting a 16" Wuhan china and a more crashable ride cymbal as well. I'm sure I'll post pictures again someday.

Please excuse my phone quality and darkness of my basement!

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00019-1.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

My big super classic kit is about to go back to original 6 piece setup. Single 22" bass, 10", 12", 13", and 16" tom. I ordered the 14" and 18" toms from ludwig. The other bass came from ebay along with a 12" and 16" tom. They will be wrapped and be my 7th kit. Don't know what will become of the 14" and 18" tom.

Heres My Ludwigs:

Drum%20Kit%201.jpg

Drum%20Kit%202.jpg

Drums:

Ludwig Accent CS Custom Elite: Red Sparkle Finish

22"X18" Bass Drum
6"X14" Snare Drum
13"X10" Tom
16'X12" Floor Tom

Cymbals:

14" Sabian AAX Stage Hats
8" AAX Splash
16" Sabian AA-Metal X Crash
20" Meinl Mb10 Bell Blast Ride
20" Wuhan China with Rivets
16" Wuhan China

Heads:

Snare Batter-Evans ST Dry
Snare Resonant-Evans Hazy 300
(Puresound Custom Pro Brass Snare Wires)

Tom Batters-Evans G2
Tom Resonants- Aquarian Hi-Frequency

Bass Batter-Remo Powerstroke Black Suede (with Falam Slam Patch)
Bass Reso-Remo Custom Diamond Plate Graphic Bass Drum Head

Sticks: Vic Firth 5AN

Pedal: Pearl P121TW Double Bass Pedal

Back