My Whitney Drums Nesting Penguin kit!!! =)

They look great, im really interested in how they sound. Anyone know where i can get a recording of them?

edit...how would one of these compare to something like a force 3005/3007?

Last edited:
I just received an e-mail from JT Whitney with pictures of my brand SPANKING new Nesting Penguin kit from Whitney drums. It's a never-tried-before Walnut stain with woodhoops!
And I'm LOVING it!!! 10" x 7", 12" x 7", 15" x 11 and 18" x 16" + 13" x 5" snare.
And the best part - they all nest together inside the bassdrum! Woho! (two toms + snare inside the bassdrum)
I will post more pictures when I get it, but for now - enjoy:

I thought I wanted this, but I actually need it!

How quickly does the bass head come off to get the tom inside?

It's a 'nesting' kit. They're made so that the toms and snare go inside each other, then into the kick, like those russian dolls. You can see a ridge just behind where the wood hoops connect to the kick. The whole head and hoops come off as one unit to get in each drum.

Thank you for the info. Freebird, That's really cool!!!!

Very nice. I actually have one of his Sidekick kits due to me in about 2 weeks or so. I don't post here often but I plan on taking pictures of it packed and more detailed pictures of the actual shells sans heads, as well as audio.

http://whitneydrums.com/products/NestingPenguin.php

Mine will be in a Mahogany finish, no rack. The snare will be mounted off the hi-hat stand and the tom mounted off a DW Flush Base boom stand via Pacific clamps.

sidekick_green_rear.gif

Very nice. I actually have one of his Sidekick kits due to me in about 2 weeks or so. I don't post here often but I plan on taking pictures of it packed and more detailed pictures of the actual shells sans heads, as well as audio.

http://whitneydrums.com/products/NestingPenguin.php

Mine will be in a Mahogany finish, no rack. The snare will be mounted off the hi-hat stand and the tom mounted off a DW Flush Base boom stand via Pacific clamps.

sidekick_green_rear.gif

Trippy! Kind of like a seated cocktail kit.

I've been going to the Whitney site and drooling over the Nesting Penguin kits for a while now. So awesome! Congrats on a beautiful new kit!!

I've never seen a nicer drum set, it looks phenomenal, really out of this world i wish i had known about these before i bought mine lol. Oh well in the future maybe. Enjoy it!

Nice kit, I just placed an order yesterday for a Nesting Penguin 16 kit from Whitney Drums. I am quite excited to get this. I do a lot of last minute rehearsals and gigs and having a great sounding very portable kit is a real plus. I currently have a Yamaha Hip Gig ( which is for sale if anyone is interested hint hint) and the fact that the Whitney is lighter in weight was a plus for me. I ordered my kit with the Walnut stain and wood hoops too.

Nice kit, I just placed an order yesterday for a Nesting Penguin 16 kit from Whitney Drums. I am quite excited to get this. I do a lot of last minute rehearsals and gigs and having a great sounding very portable kit is a real plus. I currently have a Yamaha Hip Gig ( which is for sale if anyone is interested hint hint) and the fact that the Whitney is lighter in weight was a plus for me. I ordered my kit with the Walnut stain and wood hoops too.

I am also seriously considering to get one of these with a 16" kick.

Treehouse Drums also makes one with a 16" - in some way better looking, but also more traditional design.

I am also seriously considering to get one of these with a 16" kick.

Treehouse Drums also makes one with a 16" - in some way better looking, but also more traditional design.

I currently own a Yamaha Hip Gig kit and it sounds great, but when nested it is pretty heavy. The Whitney kit nested weighs less than 30 lbs and sounds great, a superb kit for gigging and rehearsals.

Back