New old guy from Boston

The Beast

Took a decade and a half off after having kids. Now that they're grown up and I'm divorced I'm back to playing semi-regularly, gig 2 -3 times a month, once a week rehearsal - gee, just what we always wanted!
Got back into a "regular" playing gig about 3-4 yrs ago, before that in '04 I started a yearly reunion of my old southern rock band from about 1980 which has now grown into a multi-band reunion. It's a blast to see old friends and still be able to rock out before we all croak.

Looks like a great site - nice job.

Hi Beast, welcome to the forum and glad to hear your back into drumming. I too am from the Boston area and I am also old. (59) Still enjoy playing the drums.

Welcome. Great to hear that your able to get back into drums. Sorry to hear of the divorce. I have also taken a slight break from drumming, but am now in a classic rock band myself, gigging in WNY with friends from high school. Ya, this site is great, you're gonna love it.....

Thanks.
Looking forward to making an attempt at getting better at drumming.
I'm a hard hitter, grew up on Zep, Sabbath, Aerosmith, Grand Funk etc but also enjoy all kinds of styles. Just wish my chops were better instead of still drumming like a cave man, not that that's a bad thing. Still being told I play LOUD.

Oh yeah - my kits: an old 70's Slingerland Chrome Set-o-matic 6 pc w/tri-mount bass - I changed that goofy look, added 8 and 10 concert toms back in about '80 or '81

Played that util I could finally afford a new kit; Tama Starclassic Bubinga/Birch 5 pc in Dark Cherry Fade. HUGE difference. Love this kit.

Only shot I could find of my old kit

OledogHalloweenBenjamins10-24-09020.jpg

New (actually 2 years old now)

TamaStarclassicdcf003.jpg

Welcome Beast. Loving that dark cherry fade...beautiful kit! You'll like it here, most of us are a little insane but then that's about to be expected :)

Band I was in split up back in April after a good 5 1/2 yr run. Found a guitar player shortly after that, added a bass player and singer and we're just about ready to play out. Takes what seems like forever when rehearsal is once a week at best. Life keeps getting in the way.

Love the hoop earring in the first pic! Welcome to the forum Beast, this is one of greatest little corners of the internet.

Back