Show us your Premier kits!!

bought it complete for 100€ and sold it after hours of work, hard work....
...saved the snare for me...

Because I have another black set with deep shells, it´s been sold.

Premier_APK_000.jpg

Premier_APK_0000.jpg

Premier_APK_001.jpg

Premier_APK_002.jpg

Premier_APK_003.jpg

Premier_APK_004.jpg

Premier_APK_005.jpg

Premier_APK_006.jpg

Premier_APK_007.jpg

Premier_APK_008.jpg

Premier_APK_009.jpg

Premier_APK_11.jpg

Premier_APK_12.jpg

Premier_APK_13.jpg

Premier_APK_14.jpg

Wow what a transformation. They look like an add photo now.

late 70's Premier restoration. former concert tom kit in need of some serious love to bring it back to life....13" rack, 16" floor. 24" kick. Polychromatic blue. I love this kit!

Attachments

• Premier's outdoors.jpg
    Premier's outdoors.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,557
Yea, had no choice but to offset. Not really my thing, but I had the lugs from two other trashed concert toms and did the best I could. As mentioned before, they just sound great! Birch with beech re-rings. Had the bearing edges re-cut too. I'd love to find a 20" bass drum in that color. I would end up using them a bit more often if I had something smaller than 24" Any thoughts, leads, or suggestions out there?

First post here. Hello.

So I bought this Premier Signia kit last x-mas just to get a smaller bass drum. I paid 4500 swedish crowns (600$) for it. My Starclassic birch/bubinga kit had a 24" bass drum which was a pain in the ass to carry around and it was too loud, so I bought this kit just to get the 22" bass drum. It turned out that I loved the sound of the thin maple Shell so now I've got 2 whole kits (one Tama 3 piece and one Premier 5 piece) and my interest for the Tama kit is fading.

The problem I had with the Premier kit was that it looked like shit. Black laquered shells is just not my cup of tea. It was originally white but the previous owner did the sloppiest black laquer paint job you could imagine, so that could somehow explain my disgust for the finish. Since I love glitter/sparkle and really wanted to make this my main drum kit, I ebayed some sparkle drum wraps and found this awesome turqoise sparkle wrap that I ordered.

I worked my ass off for 2 nights and finally got the drums covered in the new wrap.

Here are some blurry pics:

This is taken just after I picked the drums up and took them home:
6hTcsTOl.jpg

This is the kit set-up for a recording session. The floor tom is part of the Tama kit though:
kYCA7IJl.jpg

The black laquered 10" tom before I stripped off the hardware:
y0Guaq6l.jpg

The inside of the shell of the 12" tom:
LpjCQHil.jpg

The Premier Signia kit has this unconvinient tom-mount on top of the bass drum that I never use. So I decided to plug the hole for the mount and the 4 small holes that held the mount in place:
8FtvGaOl.jpg

The plugs are in place. Trying to cut the plugs to be just 5mm thick was nearly impossible, but I managed after a while. Now there's some heavy sanding job ahead:
uj9n9b8l.jpg

The 10" tom is wrapped. Now I just have to drill holes for the hardware and install it:
46Cd3dQl.jpg

The 10" tom is finished. The sparkle isn't really noticeable in daylight though:
r08Q4XWl.jpg

The bass drum with new wrap, no tom mount and new hoops in natural maple finish:
CUA4pAKl.jpg

kUWRgwsl.jpg

I brought the bass drum and the floor tom for a video recording session with my band the next day:
mPFNDdBl.jpg

OBPGvM1l.jpg

vfcz3w8l.jpg

The sizes are: 22*16, 10*9, 12*10, 14*12, 16*16. The snare is a Pearl sensitone elite phosphor bronze 14*6,5. I'm currently waiting for a 20" Zildjian K custom hybrid ride to arrive to replace the sabian stage ride, since it's a lot more "crash-ish". I hate carrying around stuff, so any way to avoid carrying stuff while maintaning good sound is nice.

I'll try and take some less blurry photos next time I head home for practice. I live 45km away from my drums :(

I need to get photos of mine. I have three Premier Kits actually. 1 Maroon and two in black. One kit is a Yamaha Premier made during the 3 years Yamaha bought out Premier but the same people and equipment made the Yamaha Made in England kits. I also have slingerland, and Dallas (Texas) Drum company and some vintage Slingerlands. as well as about a dozen virgin Keller shells .

Premier Elite (late 70s) in Antique White wrap. 3-ply maple shells with reinforcing rings. 13/16/22 w/steel 14" snare.
For me, this kit (and others of that era) shows off all the mojo that Premier used to embody. Those lugs! That chrome! To me, and maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but Premier has really lost its way--and identity--since the 70's & 80's. They currently make decent drums, but totally lacking in the old mojo.

attachment.php

And this...this isn't just a drum...it's a work of art:

Premier_APK_009.jpg

I just got these last week. NOS silver-badge Cabrias, still in the boxes at the island's only music store.

The cell-phone pic is appalling, taken at a gig last night. It's black hardware on purple sparkle lacquer, and people Ooohed and Aahed over it, so I'm pleased. Left the 13" rack tom at home because I'm most comfortable on a 4-piece.

I'm very pleased with the toms' tone, even with the stock Everplay heads. Some tuning and Moongel has them where I can live with them. The bass drum sounds very nice with the stock head and a piece of egg-crate foam. The snare is at best Meh.

I'll try and remember to take a proper photograph when I get it set up today.

If anyone has information on these Cabrias, I'm keen to make your acquaintance. I can't find a lot because my Google-Fu is weak. There are no PK, APK, or XPK markings on the drums I can find. The shells are lacquer, and the rack toms have a RIMS-type suspension system. That, with the silver badge, leads me to APK, which means ash shells with an inner ply of maple. But I'd like to confirm that, as well as when it might have been manufactured.

Thanks in advance! :-D

Attachments

• Cabrias at Castaways.jpg
    Cabrias at Castaways.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 3,168
HI TO ALL!!
IT'S BEEN A VERY LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON HERE BUT GREAT TO SEE ALL THE PREMIER KITS BEING SHOWN.
BEFORE I GO INTO THE PIC'S OF MY LATEST ADDITIONS, I HOPE YOU ALL REMEMBER THAT I AM STILL THE ONLY OFFICIAL SERVICE & WARRANTY CENTER IN THE US PLUS OF COURSE THE BEST PRICES ON ALL & ANY PREMIER KITS, HARDWARE & PARTS. NO MATTER WHAT IT IS YOU WANT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING UNLESS YOU TALK TO ME FIRST.
AT THIS VERY MOMENT EVERY ELITE, GENISTA, BRITISH COLLECTION & ONE SERIES IS ON SALE.
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE CHECKED THE PREMIER SITE OVER THE PAST WEEK YOU WILL OBVIOUSLY KNOW THAT PREMIER ARE MAKING SOME SERIOUS MOVES TO REGAIN ITS STANDING HERE IN THE USA. YOU CAN COUNT ON THE FACT THAT I WILL STILL BE HERE FOR YOU ALL & CONTINUE TO SERVICE ALL YOU SIGNIA PLAYERS BEING THE ONLY SOURCE FOR SIGNIA PARTS ON THE PLANET. SO WITH ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY -
THE FOLLOWING PHOTO'S ARE OF MY LATEST ADDITIONS TO MY COLLECTION.
FIRST IS THE GENISTA "IRIDIUM" WITH SATIN FINISH HARDWARE -
22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 16x16 & 14x6.5 SD. The Tom sizes on this kit are actually not the regular sizes as they should be 10x8 & 12x9.

SECOND SET IS THE LIMITED EDITION GENISTA "PHARAOH" BEBOP KIT WITH ALL BRASS PLATED HARDWARE.
20x14. 12x8, 14x14 & 14x5.5 SD. This particular kit is unfinished & possibly the prototype, notice the missing Premier Logo badges on the BD, FT & SD.

Attachments

• IMG_7533b.jpg
    IMG_7533b.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3,110
  • IMG_7544_2b.jpg
    IMG_7544_2b.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 3,140
  • IMG_7543_2b.jpg
    IMG_7543_2b.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 3,699
  • IMG_7542_2b.jpg
    IMG_7542_2b.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3,182
  • IMG_7536b.jpg
    IMG_7536b.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,058
  • IMG_7524b.jpg
    IMG_7524b.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3,195
  • IMG_7523b.jpg
    IMG_7523b.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,123
  • IMG_7522b.jpg
    IMG_7522b.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3,127
GEEZ>>>>>>>> What the hell is going on, getting old sucks!!

Anyway, anyone looking to really "Pull the Trigger" on getting the deal of the Century please email me directly for all your Premier needs -
[email protected]

I have some amazing "Elite", "Genista" & "British Collection" & "ONE" series deals right now, including "ONE" series kits & Snare Drums. For all you Iron Maiden fans, there are 3 "Eddy" kits left in stock but this is for the REAL serious collector.
The Limited Edition Genista "Rainbow Wood" BeBop 20 is also available with only 50 units Worldwide & we have 36 but some are Pre-Sold so that number will be less now.
20x14, 12x8, 14x14, 14x5.5 SD - Photo attached

Let's finish the year off with a Bang!!
Dancincrow

Early 1960s restored/customised gold sparkle "55".
20", 12", 16" & Royal Ace 14" x 4" COB snare.
All wrap is original apart from the inlays on the bass drum hoops.

10818415_885295708171782_1194910826322137915_o.jpg

1511669_885215001513186_5496720364420638387_o.jpg

Back