Johnny's DW kit!!!

Ha! Great game, loads of fun, but I'm taking my time with it. Looking forward to Gears of War 3.

Nice! I stopped playing when it became a RTS-game, haha! Gears is fun, played it with a couple of friend. Didn't find the campaign as good as the first two, though, but multiplayer is superb.
Gaming was/is my number one hobby. If I'd sell all my games and consoles, I'd be able to buy a 25 piece DW... lol. Don't give me ideas now. ;)

Nice! I stopped playing when it became a RTS-game, haha! Gears is fun, played it with a couple of friend. Didn't find the campaign as good as the first two, though, but multiplayer is superb.
Gaming was/is my number one hobby. If I'd sell all my games and consoles, I'd be able to buy a 25 piece DW... lol. Don't give me ideas now. ;)

I was a hard core PC gamer a few years back, before I got my DW's. I played a lot of Battlefield 2142 & Battlefield Bad Company 2. When BF 3 came out I didn't feel like upgrading my PC so I retired from playing and got back into drumming.

I was a hard core PC gamer a few years back, before I got my DW's. I played a lot of Battlefield 2142 & Battlefield Bad Company 2. When BF 3 came out I didn't feel like upgrading my PC so I retired from playing and got back into drumming.
Good call on that. Gaming is a complete waste of time. I fell into it a few years back on the xbox. If I could only have all those hours back again. :) When I first got married I was into computer gaming, and every time I bought the latest game I had to upgrade my computer. The gift that kept on taking. :)

Good call on that. Gaming is a complete waste of time. I fell into it a few years back on the xbox. If I could only have all those hours back again. :) When I first got married I was into computer gaming, and every time I bought the latest game I had to upgrade my computer. The gift that kept on taking. :)

But social gaming is the best...? Right?
The drum kit of yours will give you many games. Haha! ;)

I feel I don't have time for gaming anymore. It's drums, studies, family, writing, paiting, being überawesome .... :(

I lived in Oregon at that time and was looking for something to do because it rains so much. Gaming has run it's course for me. I had a ball with it. I had a decent kill to death ratio, commanded an Army in a Battlefield 2142 campaign and won, and made a lot of very cool friends and acquaintances from all over the globe. Now... it's time for getting back into drumming. When I first started out, I was heavily influenced by Tommy Lee, whom I still love as a player and always will. This time, I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from John Bonham. I'm having a ball so far. Looking forward to also taking some lessons again real soon.

Well now, I hope everyone had a great holiday. Other than catching a cold, the other thing I did over my Christmas break (from work) was paint my drum room. The putrid "periwinkle" color is now history!!! Art work courtesy of Dave Stevens, one of my favorite artists. R.I.P.

Attachments

• Room 001.JPG
    Room 001.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 1,034
  • Room 2 002.JPG
    Room 2 002.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,026
  • Room 2 003.JPG
    Room 2 003.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,017
And the kit keeps growing. Added a 6" Zil Bel to the ride kinda like Tommy Lee, only he uses a 9". Also added an LP Bell Diablo, and a 19" Zildjian A Custom. I moved my 16" Z custom just above my 13" tom via DW Puppy Bone. I love the configuration. Very comfortable. I think the finishing piece will eventually be a Zildjian China.

Attachments

• Mjolnir 2012 010.JPG
    Mjolnir 2012 010.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 985
  • Mjolnir pilot seat.JPG
    Mjolnir pilot seat.JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • Mjolnir current.JPG
    Mjolnir current.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 959
  • Mjolnir tom w cymbal.JPG
    Mjolnir tom w cymbal.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 963
  • Mjolnir 19 Zildj A.JPG
    Mjolnir 19 Zildj A.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 968
  • Mjolnir Z w Diablo.JPG
    Mjolnir Z w Diablo.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 972
  • Mjolnir Zil bel.JPG
    Mjolnir Zil bel.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,250
Beautiful kit ya got there.. I absolutely LOVE drums with black hardware. Wish DW had that option for their Performance Series. :(
Really considering painting mine...

excellent name for the kit, another God of Thunder fan I see, I had a son in January and named him Thorian (just Thor might not be so good for job interviews later in life we figured). I don't think I'm going to name my whole kit, but the snare drum I'm building right now... she could use a name for sure.

the 6" zil bel sounds way better than the 9. it seems a shame to block the ride bell though. If you can sneak in the zil bel between your hihats and first tom, you can do some cool double-ride stuff.

to each their own though, I won't be offended if you don't take that advice.

excellent name for the kit, another God of Thunder fan I see, I had a son in January and named him Thorian (just Thor might not be so good for job interviews later in life we figured). I don't think I'm going to name my whole kit, but the snare drum I'm building right now... she could use a name for sure.

the 6" zil bel sounds way better than the 9. it seems a shame to block the ride bell though. If you can sneak in the zil bel between your hihats and first tom, you can do some cool double-ride stuff.

Thanks for the compliments AND the advice. I just may try that. Much appreciated. Be sure to post your snare when it's ready. I'd love to see it!

That's exactly where I keep my 6" Z Bel. I also have a 9" and it's actually to the right of the ride. I didn't want to lose the bell of the ride either. I use all 3 bells extensively in my playing. They are fun.

Back