16" Bass Drum Build

Very professional work and a great looking drum, Neat how you got it for just $15 and had so much fun putting it together.

This is as good as drums I see from Keller customizers, except you take an extra step and add your own custom veneer. There are a gazillion Keller customizers out there but you have really done something to set yourself apart. I think you should do this as a business!

Wow that is a nice job. I'm doing something similar with an old vintage floor tom but not quite to the extent you have as I don't have the resources or skills. Please can you tell me where you got the spurs from and how much? If I'm not mistaken they fit into the original floor toms fittings, right?

Thanks for the comments and compliments guys. The spurs are Dunnett sold through Gibraltar Hardware. I think you can buy them in a floor tom conversion kit or on their own. And yes they do fit in the original floor tom leg brackets. (10mm)

Thanks Numa, I have found the spurs online and it looks like I can get them in the UK too.

Great info!

Man that is sick... As others have posted already I think you have quite an eye for this, you could start to do some custom work for people on here, *hint, hint*.... Now the big question...... It's obviously very nice looking, without a doubt, but how does it sound?... :)

Fantastic job! hopefully it goes well with your gorgeous kit!
I've been inspired by the Club conversion kit, but the only thing i was wondering is how do you fix a bass pedal to the riser?

Nice job. I like the spurs you chose for that drum.

I just love dark stain finishes. They look so classy.

could you give us a look at the tama riser you mentioned on that other thread?
im looking at using a 16" as a bass drum too. cheers

Back