Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Thomas Jacob Lee (<--Totally serious) Prefer to go by Tom. Will accept Tommy from girls...usually...
age? 15
how long been playing? 3 years messing around, half a year of committed study
origin of user name? song off OK Computer, also band name
top 5 drummers? Steve Gadd, Josh Freese, Yoshiki, Nick Mason, Myself (as corny as that sounds)
make of drumkit? Pacific CX, blue onyx
make of cymbal? b8 hats and crash (ugh!) 2002 paiste ride (working to replace others)
where do you practice? basement- i am king of this basement
are you in a band/s? indeed, since march of 2005
covers or originals? both, trying to take it easy on the covers
what style of music? many many, but alt rockish stuff is a favourite
favourite take out food? Marks & Spencers sandwhiches, Kaiten Sushi (not really takeout)
country? UK & Japan blood, USA life
one really odd fact about yourself? I want to pick up accordian and start a tango band
how did you start drumming? Have had a long history of playing on my legs with my hands. In middle school band I decided that I could Mesdefinately play better than the entire percussion section. Messed around at Guitar Center on many occasions. Finally was given a set that was going to be thrown away. Recently replaced that on the count of being in a band.

how long been playing: 4 years
origin of user name: just like the name! lol
top 5 drummers: nor in order >> Taylor Hawkins, Tre Cool, Buddy Rich, Joey Jordison, Steve Smith etc...
make of drumkit: at the moment Hohner Percussion but im buying a new drum kit soon..
make of cymbal: Zildijan ZBT Plus and a Meinl splash cymbal
where do you practice: in my loft (where my drum kit is) and anywhere else on a practice pad
are you in a band/s: Yes
covers or originals: Both
what style of music: Rock, punk and a bit metal
favourite take out food: Italian
one really odd fact about yourself: i have been in 3 bands and im 15! lol
how did you start drumming: i started by playing cello for about 6 or so years thengave it up because i wanted to discover new types of music as orchestral stuff isn't really my thing. so i saw a drum tution poster on my schools musical bord and started drums from then! :)

real name? Juuso
age? 16
how long been playing? about 11 years now
origin of user name? I thought that it should tell something about my home country...
top 5 drummers? Virgil Donati, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl (saw him live, just amazing), some great finnish drummers Sami Kuoppamäki, Anssi Nykänen.
make of drumkit? Premier
make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, Meinl
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? Metal, Punk, one Jazz/Funk project.
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? Finland
one really odd fact about yourself? hmm... I'm from Finland, that's odd enough
how did you start drumming? At the age of 3 started to hit my toybikes plastic wheels with spoons, got my first drumkit when I was 6.

real name? Justin
age? 17
how long been playing? 1 year and 3 months
origin of user name? ....i like sonor...
top 5 drummers? Carter Beauford, Steve Gadd, Rick Latham, Louie Bellson, Chad Smith
make of drumkit? Sonor
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? no
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? rock, hard rock...a little metal, bit of latin stuff, funk
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? Canada
how did you start drumming? a friend said i should try it

how long been playing: 3 years
origin of user name: I Don't Know.....
top 5 drummers: Chris Adler, Tre Cool, Dennis Chambers, Buddy Rich, John Bonham
make of drumkit: I have two kits a pearl and some other really bad one but I'm getting a new kit
make of cymbal: Zildijan
where do you practice: I Practise in my basement or go visit my brother and we practise because he plays guitar
are you in a band/s: Yes
covers or originals: Both
what style of music: Hard Rock and Punk
favourite take out food: Italian
one really odd fact about yourself: I Like Rusty Spoons =)
how did you start drumming: My mom was in a band and she use to tour and she played drums before i was born and when I first found out my mom played drums I wanted to start

real name? Max Roach
age? 19
how long been playing? Played semi often for about 4 years, took a year off,
origin of user name? It's my name....=\
top 5 drummers? I dont have a top 5....my top 5 influences are Mike Portnoy, Dave Weckl, Jack Dejohnette, Nate Smith, and Bobby Jarzombek.
make of drumkit? Rasberry Taye ProX
make of cymbal? B8 Crash (not as bad as it seems =\), Jack Dejohnette Encore Ride
where do you practice? At school
are you in a band/s? A hip hop band which we're taking on the road soon, and I freelance around town playing mostly jazz and other stuff that's needed.
covers or originals? Trying with originals with the hip hop band, and definitely covers (standards) with jazz.
what style of music? Hip hop / jazz / other
favourite take out food? CHINESE ! ! ! !.....but I'd rather cook =\
country? Canada baby.
one really odd fact about yourself? Uhm ... my name is Max Roach and I didn't know the first thing about Jazz until September of 2004.......
how did you start drumming? I used to drum every now and then in a gospel church when I was young, but I'd say I really started in about grade 10 (5 years ago) when my friend showed me Dream Theater. I was blown away at the whole time signature deal and just ran with that. We formed a prog rock original band and played some DT covers and stuff and it really improved my playing.

real name? Peter Councell
age? 17
how long been playing? 6-7 years I guess
origin of user name? It is from the book of Psalms in the Bible. The sons of Korah were the musicians (I'm sure one of the them was a percussionist) of the Davidic church.
top 5 drummers? Dave Weckl, Vinnie Colaiuta, Carter Beauford, Abe Laboriel, and OF COURSE BUDDY RICH!
make of drumkit? Pearl SMX 7-piece drumset
make of cymbal? Sabian HHX Evolution and Sabian HHX Series
where do you practice? In my bonus room.
are you in a band/s? Nope, I'm going to college for music...I MUST FOCUS!
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Funk/Acoustic Rock/Afro-Cuban/Jazz Fusion
favourite take out food? I love Mexican
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? If you've seen Jim Carrey...I'm much worse!
how did you start drumming? God showed me how...and here I am

real name? - Marc Vachon
age? 20
how long been playing? 3 years in November.
origin of user name? thinkintriplets came from my email addy. I just thought of it one day...
top 5 drummers? Josh Freese, Jimmy Chamberlin, Gene Hogland, Danney Carey, Spug!
make of drumkit? Pearl.
make of cymbal? Zildjan except for my ride which is a Sabian and an accent which is Paiste.
where do you practice? My house, and jam room located near 1 - Despised Icon and 2 - Cryptopsy!!!
are you in a band/s? At Hand (http://myspace.com/athand), and another death/crazy ass band that is still being 'processed'.
covers or originals? All Originals. But some covers include Live (Likini's Juice), Primus (Jerry), Tool (Sober, Schism), Matt Good (Apparations), Mudvayne (Death Blooms).
what style of music? A Hard rock. An alternative to rock (as in more heavy), and an alternative to metal (as in not AS heavy [vocally]).
favourite take out food? Chinese. Notthing beats steamed rice and green tea! :D
country? Canada!
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm a military brat; and at 20 years old have travelled half the world!
how did you start drumming? In a parody band in my grade 5 class called "The Goo Fighters". My drums consisted of two different sized cardboard boxes with tinfoil wrapped atop of them, as well as my mom's pot top. I still have that top today, and I beat it to hell!
Marc.

p.s. - hope you like the color code! :D

Hey Guys n Gals,

I just joined the forum after reading the site for several months. From what I can see, this is a great place for people with a common interest to share their life experiences, knowledge and general know-how about drumming. This is a great place! So now, on with my introduction.

real name? Erik
age? 26
how long been playing? Since the 5th grade (so, for about 16 years, off and on)
origin of user name? It's an alias I use when I play online computer games and it's the nickname of my favorite poker player.
top 5 drummers? Carmine Appice, Josh Freese, Dennis Chambers, Kenny Aronoff, Scott Phillips, and my uncle.
make of drumkit? CD Percussion.
make of cymbal? Sabian.
where do you practice? My garage.
are you in a band/s? Not at the moment.
covers or originals? A few covers but mostly originals that my friends and I came up with.
what style of music? My own style.
favourite take out food? Mexican.
country? USA.
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm a computer geek.
how did you start drumming? By sneaking into my uncle's music room and playing his kit when he wasn't home with my aunt's permission. Once I started doing that, I was hooked.

Well, that's me. I look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully being able to offer some advice, tips & tricks, etc.

Cheers,
Erik

Last edited:

real name? vishal nayak
age? 20
how long been playing? 8 1/2 - 9 years
origin of user name? i love miles davis
top 5 drummers? can't list any cuz i have so many favourites
make of drumkit? 100% local calcuttan
make of cymbal? sabian and paiste
where do you practice? in my room
are you in a band/s? i was in one called cognac til a few months ago, and now i play on and off when people ask me to
covers or originals? both
what style of music? with my old band - alternative rock, otherwise - jazz, funk, fusion, etc.
favourite take out food? tibetan momos
country? india
one really odd fact about yourself? i talk to my cats and i'm convinced they understand what i'm saying
how did you start drumming? when i saw a senior of mine at an annual school concert when i was in the 4th or 5th grade.... i kept air-drumming for a month or two after that, and finally persuaded my parents to let me take lessons.

real name? Thobias
age? 32
how long been playing? around 7 years fulltime, started at 10 in musicschool, dropped it ziljion times, then taken it up again.can´t live without it.
origin of user name? u got to swing it!
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Tommy Lee, Jimmy Chamberlin, Danny Carey,
Gavin Harrison,

make of drumkit? Dw Collectors maple, Pearl Ultracast
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? everywhere
are you in a band/s?http://www.myspace.com/ilvesband
covers or originals? originals only
what style of music? pretty much anything,
favourite take out food? japanese
country? Sweden
one really odd fact about yourself? no freudian slip here
how did you start drumming? started w/ the flute at 2:nd grade, then i heard Tommy Lee
and thats it!

Last edited:

real name? Halldor
age? 41
how long been playing? 28 years,
origin of user name? that´s obvious ain´t it?
top 5 drummers? wow, too difficult
make of drumkit? Brady, Dunnett
make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, Bosphorus, Meinl, Paiste etc...
where do you practice? In my garage, I´m building my home studio
are you in a band/s? At the moment, no
covers or originals? originals, allways
what style of music? WorldMusic, funk, space trash boogie
country? Iceland
one really odd fact about yourself? still alive!
how did you start drumming? practiced airguitar, airbass and airdrums in front of the mirror and thought airdrumming looked cool!

real name? .. my name is Xuan

age? 20

how long been playing? allmost 5 years

origin of user name? Its my nickname on the net since 2 or 3 years now. Its come from a Manga called "Blame!"

top 5 drummers? .. only five?! :O hum if its a "only five" list I'll put only one drumer: Buddy R. ...but everyone put it so........ BERNHARD!!!!!! ;D

make of drumkit? don't have any kit :_( (I had a yamah electronic kit but I nether played on it and I sell it)

make of cymbal? my bassist buy me a Zildjian'sTitanium Splash .. but the fact is that Marco Minnemann dedicated it for me ;)

where do you practice? sometimes on pad, but I never do it more than an hour cuz its make my nervous: I hit harder and harder on it because there's no sound :x
so when I play with friends its in studios... a lot of money

are you in a band/s? ceveral band, but I have "my serious band" .. I'm looking further to make the other ones serious too ;)

covers or originals? covers (DT, SymphonyX, Iron Maiden, Blink182..etc that kind of stuff) and originals

what style of music? ...I listen a lot of music, every kind (and these days, more some electronica and techno stuff, cuz I want musics with no drums!) but I play more some Rock style music.. trying to play Jazz, but I'm too bad.

favourite take out food? Chinise (my mother's family is vietnamise)

country? France

one really odd fact about yourself? I have fast feet, and I don't really know why. ...I'm so lazy... and I have a lot of Sins... and I think I'm mad.

how did you start drumming? 5 years ago, in my boarding school, a friend was a drummer.... he just show me how he play.. and you know the end ;) "Merci Seb, sans toi je n'aurai jamais connu cet instrument"

real name? Ken Knott

age? 17

how long been playing? about 4 years

origin of user name? my band, Koncentr8

top 5 drummers? KJ Sawka, Jojo Mayer, Terry Bozzio, David Garibaldi, Chad Sexton

make of drumkit? Pacific EZ in black (have the full five peice kit but only use the kick and floor tom)

make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian

where do you practice? on a pad, and on my kit in the extra garage in my house

are you in a band/s? yea, my band Koncentr8, live D'n' B/jungle /downtempo.
then my solo project, wich is me playing along to samples and basslines that i have made. (everything runs through my comp, cept my acoustic drums)

covers or originals? origionals

what style of music? D'n' B / Jungle/ Downtempo / Dub Jazz/ Nu Funk

favourite take out food? Chinese, or Italian

country? USA

one really odd fact about yourself? I like tuna salad sandwiches with katchup

how did you start drumming? One of my friends got a kit, so i started to play around on it, then a year later my parents suprized me with a kit, and havent been able to stop since!

Real Name? John
Age? 21
How long been playing? about 7 years
Origin of user name? Comes from a book
Top 5 drummers? Zach Hill, Stewart Copeland, Mitch Mitchell, Drumbo, Jon Theodore
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbals? Paiste
Where do you practice? My parents house, my band's practice space
Are you in a band/s? the Skin Trade, and It Smells of Sex & Mannequins
Covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Skin Trade is indie rock, Sex & Mannequins is, I dunno someone once said "Mad Scientist Core"
Favorite take out food? Pizza. If there was a good vegetarian take out I'd be all about it
Country? USA but I love Ireland as well
One really odd fact about yourself? I have tendonitis in my left shoulder but it's not from drumming
How did you start drumming? There was a drumset around the house, eventually my dad let me start playing it.

real name? Dave
age? 25
how long been playing? on and off for 14 years
origin of user name? A nickname acquired during childhood.
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Max Roach, Buddy Rich, Carter Beauford, Dennis Chambers
make of drumkit? Mapex Mars Pro
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? In the basement, on my steering wheel, on the couch, on my lap, and on the washing machine.
are you in a band/s?: Used to be. Trying to get back into it.
covers or originals? Originals.
what style of music? Good Music.
favourite take out food? Pizza.
country? CANADA!!!!
one really odd fact about yourself? My lung can collapse for no reason.
how did you start drumming? With a pair of plastic chop sticks on my bed.

how long been playing: 3 1/2
origin of user name: Drum teacher calls me that for sum reason..
top 5 drummers: John Bonham, Neil Peart, Joey Jordison, Steve Gadd, Tyler Wentzell( drum teacher )
make of drumkit: Peavey Internatinal Series II- all toms and snare now have evans skins.
make of cymbal: sabian, zildjian
where do you practice: out in my garage in the summer- house in winter
are you in a band/s: yes one.. CAROUSEL
covers or originals: both
what style of music: Punk/Metal
favourite take out food: dairy queen
one really odd fact about yourself: im 14 and im 5'9 ha
how did you start drumming: i started drumming when my friend gave me his old kit 3 years ago and i was pretty good so i got my peavey and started taking lessons. drumming is the best thing that has ever happened to me!

real name? dimosthenis
age? 30
how long been playing? 18 yrs on and off
origin of user name? orator in ancient greece / my real name
top 5 drummers? at this moment nick mason, john bonham, jimmy chamberlin, danny carrey, josh freeze
make of drumkit? tama starclassic maple
make of cymbal? paiste
where do you practice? reeaaalyyy small home studio
are you in a band/s? two local bands as of lately
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? pop/rock and hard rock
favourite take out food? any type of junk food, sushi (when i can afford it)
country? Greece
one really odd fact about yourself? still here in the cosmos
how did you start drumming? found my self tapping feet and hands along to music at age 8

How Long I've Been Playing: 6 years (last 2 years seriously)
Origin of Username: My friends call me "Dill" for short so I just added the "X" to make it interesting.
Top 5 Drummers: John Bonham, Jon Theodore, Buddy Rich, Virgil Donati, Travis Barker (yes you heard me), and many more...
Make of Drums: Yamaha
Make of Cymbals: Sabian and Zildjian (I'm currently "converting" to Zildjian)
Where I practice: Basement
Bands: I'm in one band called "Fifth Element"
Covers or Originals: Both
Style of Music: Rock and Hard Rock
Favourite Take out food: Meatlovers Pizza or Chinese
Odd Fact About Myself: My last name means "Son of a Priest." I have very "unique" and different friends. I can be "different" sometimes. I don't really know what's odd about myself.
How I started drumming: When I was 7 or 8 I would drum on everything (including my parents heads) and when I listened to music in the car I would always drum on the arm rests. My mom then asked me what instrument I would like to play. I picked drums obviously. My dad then gave me his old Remo drum pad from the '60s and I began lessons soon after. I got my first drumset about 6 months into my lessons I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back