My Drum Kit

drummerboy559

Hello, I haven't been on this drum forum for too long and I want to share my drum kit with other drummers and get your guys' opinions and tips on it.

My kit is a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage.

Rack Tom – 12" x 10"
Batter – Remo White Suede Emperor
Resonant – Remo Clear Ambassador

Floor Tom – 13" x 11"

Kick – 22" x 17"
Batter – Remo Coated Powerstroke 3
Resonant – Remo Ported Ebony Powerstroke 3
Remo White Falam Slam Pad
Evans EQ Pad
KickPort

Snare - 13"x7" Pork Pie Vented Little Squealer
Batter – Remo Coated Controlled Sound X
Resonant – Remo Snare Side Hazy Ambassador
Worldmax German steel snare wires
Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks

Cymbals:
10” Zion FX Splash
14” Wuhan China
14” Zildjian A Custom Rezo Hi-Hats
21” Sabian AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride

The two crashes are Paiste which I don't really like and aren't mine. Looking forward to getting these replaced pretty soon.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 636
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 571
Nice looking kit. 13" is a bit odd for a floor tom, but Yamaha often does weird sizes like that

I have the same snare, but with the chrome hardware and metallic gray finish. What are those little red things on your lugs? Little locking nut type deals?

Nice looking kit. 13" is a bit odd for a floor tom, but Yamaha often does weird sizes like that

I have the same snare, but with the chrome hardware and metallic gray finish. What are those little red things on your lugs? Little locking nut type deals?

Yeah, it's actually a rack tom that I converted into a "floor tom."
They are great snares! Yes, the red things are Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks. I had to install these because I noticed the tension rods became very loose due to my rim shots.

Yeah, it's actually a rack tom that I converted into a "floor tom."
They are great snares! Yes, the red things are Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks. I had to install these because I noticed the tension rods became very loose due to my rim shots.

I've done that with a rack tom in the past. It actually worked out quite well.

I have the same problem with my snare. I've been waiting to get a set of those new Pearl tension rods, but I might look into these in the meantime.

I've done that with a rack tom in the past. It actually worked out quite well.

I have the same problem with my snare. I've been waiting to get a set of those new Pearl tension rods, but I might look into these in the meantime.

Yeah, it's working out well for me also.
They are superb. My tensions rods have not loosened up since these went on.

Hello, I haven't been on this drum forum for too long and I want to share my drum kit with other drummers and get your guys' opinions and tips on it.

My kit is a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage.

Rack Tom – 12" x 10"

Floor Tom – 13" x 11"

Kick – 22" x 17"
Batter – Remo Coated Powerstroke 3
Resonant – Remo Ported Ebony Powerstroke 3
Remo White Falam Slam Pad
Evans EQ Pad
KickPort

Snare - 13"x7" Pork Pie Vented Little Squealer
Batter – Remo Coated Controlled Sound X
Resonant – Remo Snare Side Hazy Ambassador
Worldmax German steel snare wires
Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks

Cymbals:
10” Zion FX Splash
14” Wuhan China
14” Zildjian A Custom Rezo Hi-Hats
21” Sabian AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride

The two crashes are Paiste which I don't really like and aren't mine. Looking forward to getting these replaced pretty soon.

I have always wanted the AAX Raw Bell dry ride, you're one lucky person!

Whoa! Those floor tom legs look like they are 30" long. Are those stock, or did you buy extra long legs? My Gretsch Catalina Maple legs are very short and are fully maxed out right now. The floor tom still feels an inch or two too low. Longer legs would be nice.

Whoa! Those floor tom legs look like they are 30" long. Are those stock, or did you buy extra long legs? My Gretsch Catalina Maple legs are very short and are fully maxed out right now. The floor tom still feels an inch or two too low. Longer legs would be nice.

Can you actually buy longer legs? oooh I'm going to investigate this, I have a second floor tom I've been wanting to use as a first rack tom for ages!

I bought these legs after I converted the rack tom into a floor tom. The stock legs were too short, so I bought these longer 27" legs. They are perfect.

Last edited:
Beautiful kit and I like the size choices. I bought a 14 in tom to add to my kit to try and I regret I didn't guy a 13 in. I'm surprised you didn't go with a smaller size kick though? That 13X7 is a great snare too-and it works great with brushes-it seems to amplify it. I know you enjoy playing it.

Beautiful kit and I like the size choices. I bought a 14 in tom to add to my kit to try and I regret I didn't guy a 13 in. I'm surprised you didn't go with a smaller size kick though? That 13X7 is a great snare too-and it works great with brushes-it seems to amplify it. I know you enjoy playing it.

Thanks! I actually didn't choose any of these sizes. It was originally a 5 piece. I've had this kit for about 11 years now. I bought it brand new at a music store.

The snare is a beast, I love playing that snare!

Back