Farewell my friends :)

I think a little wager is in order here. I'm betting he returns.....at least for a post or 2.....hmmm....I'll give him 4 weeks with no contact. So in the 5th week sometime.
Place yer bets..... I'll go with my gut and stick with 2 weeks.

Ok Todd so what are the stakes again?

A date with Mo would be cool. She would have to agree. And Bo would have to be OK with that.

I'll bet 1 US buck ($1.00 USD)

I think a little wager is in order here. I'm betting he returns.....at least for a post or 2.....hmmm....he's a pretty serious guy.....I'll give him 4 weeks with no contact. So in the 5th week sometime. So June 11th or later. He can't stay away that long, it can't be done!

I'll take some of that action but I'm going for June 2 since that's my birthday and it's the only thing I'm asking for for my birthday. C'mon, Henri, you know you can't deny me my one Birhday wish, right? , :).

One of the hardest things about moving to a new country is making friends and finding your tribe. Getting a job, finding a place to live, getting groceries, hooking up utilities, etc. are necessities but does not necessarily give meaning or fulfilment. However, making friends and finding those who share the same passion in a new country is both challenging and time consuming. You have a tribe here at Drummerworld with many friends. There is no need to sever ties especially, when moving abroad; staying connected with this community can help mitigate culture shock. Stay in touch and best of luck with your new move.

GJS (11 years as an expat)

Ha, the peer pressure begins :) Larry he can't date Mo - he's a married man.

You guys are worried about losing his cartoons. I've just lost my agent!

So long, and thanks for all the GIFs!

Ha, the peer pressure begins :) Larry he can't date Mo - he's a married man.

You guys are worried about losing his cartoons. I've just lost my agent!
No, I'll think you'll find he's Polly's agent ;)

As one of the few here who's actually met Henri, I can tell you he's a man of some depth & few words. In other words, he's most sincere, & with a strong sense of priority. Just a really lovely man all round. If we're taking bets, I'd say he'll be away for a while. He has a lot to get on with, & needs that family focus to keep momentum.

As for a new tribe, he has the beginnings of one already in the UK. Both Duncan & myself are happy to lend a shoulder & more if he needs it. Unless his plans have changed dramatically, he's moving to the north of the UK. Duncan & I are both in the south (although at opposite sides of the country), so we're geographically remote from him. Never the less, it's difficult to see how such a lovely & talented man could struggle with making friends, but as all who've moved around will know, it takes time. I suppose getting into some form of musical collaboration is as good a method as any.

Actually Henri, if you're already lurking, Alex from Amedia isn't too far away from you. As you know, he's a great guy, & great company too. Just a thought :)

Cher Henri,
Merci pour votre bon mots, tu est un gentilhomme. Excuse moi la toimeme.
And my school boy French.
I haven't been to my 'anthem' post yet, this caught my eye, and I had to thank you for your counsel, patience and humour. All of which, as qualities you inhabit naturaly, will stand you well in your new adventures.
Go well, be well and all the best.

Geez Henri! I missed this thread and now I find you've vamoosed!

Thanks heaps for all the kind things you've done and said. You're a good man, George Bailey (don't know who George Bailey is, but ...).

I think it's a very good idea, though. If I had any sense I'd do the same. Enjoy having a life - you'll get heaps done and feel good about yourself.

The irony is that I was about to do the 10k post on the 10k thread - no, really! :)

If you get a chance Grea,watch the movie "It's A Wonderful Life".Jimmy Stuart and Donna Reid star as the main characters and there's deffinately a parallel in the George Baily character played by Jimmy Stuart and Henri.Both are men of character I think.

It's in black and white and one of the best movies ever made.Make some popcorn and watch what happened when Hollywood actually crafted motion pictuers.

Steve B

If you get a chance Grea,watch the movie "It's A Wonderful Life".Jimmy Stuart and Donna Reid star as the main characters and there's deffinately a parallel in the George Baily character played by Jimmy Stuart and Henri.Both are men of character I think.

It's in black and white and one of the best movies ever made.Make some popcorn and watch what happened when Hollywood actually crafted motion pictuers.

Steve B

One of my favorite movies ever. I can sense the parallel between George Baily and Henri.

Henri, you'll do just fine in the North. Just remember that the nights are cold and the wearing of a flatcap and purchase of a Whippet are mandatory.
Aye, sum that up reet nees lad the did :)

Got a PM from Henri explaining more detail about his move. Most of it I already knew, & he certainly has a lot on his plate right now. He expressly asked me to thank everyone here for such warm words of encouragement. This is clearly a wrench for him, but I think his reasoning is sound.

Grea, he also asks that you to hold your fire on that 10,000th post until his return :)

he also asks that you to hold your fire on that 10,000th post until his return :)

lol - it can be his welcome back present.

Thanks for the George Bailey explanation, Steve. I just Wiki'd it. Couldn't help noticing that GB was going to top himself over $8k. These days people with that debt are more likely to go "Almost cleared my debts!". A different time ...

Will Henri be bothered by the cold of northern England? Ok, so he won't get a summer (from what I can gather summer in England is mythical) but surely it's nowhere near as cold as the continent in winter?

Grea, you're really missing out on a timeless classic with that movie. It wasn't popular when it was released because it dealt with suicide. But it eventually crept into the culture. I love watching that and also the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol" (with Reginald Owen) during December.

Without Henri, I am afraid DrummerWorld will resemble Bedford Falls under the control of Mr. Potter. (played by Lionel Barrymore, Drew's grandad...WHAT a performance!)

Hee Haw!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Henri could be Jeff Goldblum's body double?

This did happen rather abruptly. I hope he's OK.

Hopefully all is well and we will know what we are supposed to know in due time. We all have lives to live and I'd rather not speculate or get into a pool as to when he may return. Moving is never easy regardless of the reason. Andy is in touch obviously and if Henri has info to share I'm sure andy will do so. None of the mods have anymore info than that. Peace.

Back