Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

So Alpi would be the reason sonor have so many of these exotic finishes, I seen a prolite kit in a red tribal finish in a music store and I must say in the flesh they look amazing compare to seeing a picture of them does them no justice at all. Also that of all the brands I have owned and played german made sonor is in a different league to all of them.

Cymbals vary a little since pics were taken at differente times.

Attachments

• drumkit.jpg
    drumkit.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,214
  • IMG_4608.JPG
    IMG_4608.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 2,235
Are those black suede heads?

I'm thinking about getting those for my Sonors. I've always liked red and black color scheme (my two favorite colors) and I have red drums. But ebony heads always seemed to glossy...plus wasn't sure if they had Emperor weight ebonies either, which is my goto for tom heads. I just heard about black suede a week or two ago, although they've been around a couple of years, just never noticed them before.

Are those black suede heads?

I'm thinking about getting those for my Sonors. I've always liked red and black color scheme (my two favorite colors) and I have red drums. But ebony heads always seemed to glossy...plus wasn't sure if they had Emperor weight ebonies either, which is my goto for tom heads. I just heard about black suede a week or two ago, although they've been around a couple of years, just never noticed them before.

What a coincidence! My favorite colors are red/wine and black too. Everything I own has this color scheme. And you are a Sonor user, I sense friendship haha.

Regarding your question, yes, they are black suede and I love them, they have a dark, punchy sound. To be honest I initially wanted to try them out beacuase they looked cool, but I made some reasearch and listening before actually purchasing them and I ended up loving them.

Don't have them yet, but my buddy ordered the Select Force S-Drive kit for me in Autumn Fade.

My personal Birch Infinite :)
I bought this kit after Benny Greb used it for a clinic (minus the 12 tom), it was brand new and i got it for a very nice price. It sounds tremendous, I've mounted Remo Emperor coated on top and Coated Ambassador on bottom on all toms and PW3 clear on the kick- great attack and low fundamental note- toms have a sort of vintage vibe that i love!

scaled down kit for a smaller gig

Mirko, what happened to your Meinl love? Weren't you an endorser?

Hi Matthias! I WAS an endorser, but there was the italian dealer (which is the dixon dealer too) between me and the company(/ies) - and things just didn't work, after numerous discussions I've decided (sadly, because i love meinl products) to leave them.
I'm free, i haven't any drums and cymbals endorsement, and I'm happy like this :) (i'm just a national Vic Firth, Remo and Zoom endorser)

Ok, I see! Yeah it all comes down to dealer relationship, I know...!
I'm a Sonor and Meinl player myself, that's why I remembered :).

And if you're free you're entitled to use any Meinl cymbals anyway, I guess :).

Absolutely, but not having support from Meinl I feel too weird to continue to promote them during live gigs, videos and pics..(I say that because a lot of guys in the years have bought Meinl cymbals under my recommendation) and i don't want to delete the logos from the cymbals :p
I'm sure I would find my new voice.

Back