Get yo Meinl out!

PeniScott

Silver Member
Show off your Meinl!

I have a thing for Meinl cymbals. I've played on cymbals from all of the series' from the MB8 and above and i've been thoroughly impressed with everything.

As if i wasn't envious enough of those who own even just one Byzance or MB20, i want to see what you may have.

Feel free to Post pictures as well.
xoxo

Last edited:
Sorry i don't have any pics right now.......I just bought these about a month ago and haven't had a chance to take pics yet.

My set up:

14 Byzance Medium Heavy Dry or Dark hats (i think?)
18 Byzance Extra Dry thin crash
18 Byzance Dark Crash
17 Byzance Dark Crash
20 Byzance Sand Ride

I am in love with these cymbals, especially the Extra Dry Thin Crash and the Sand Ride!

I started out going after the same set up as Benny Greb, but ended up with a bit of a variation. The hats i have are the ones he used to use before the sand hats came out. I got a really good deal on these hats so i couldn't turn them down. The Dark crashes were also available at a discount versus ordering the 18" thin jazz series crash that Benny uses.

As soon as the rest of my Craviotto kit shows up(waiting on the bass drum and one more tom), i'll have these pies set up permanently in my drum room and will be taking a bunch of pics.

I just recently decided to get all new drums and cymbals and was this close to buying Meinl. Unfortunately I have a bit of OCD and I had two Zildjians I planned to continue to incorporate in my set-up. One day, though...

I look forward to seeing/reading everyone's contributions to this thread!

That's why i have a whole new set, i have a bit of OCD as well and can't have any brand mix. I really liked the extra dry thin crash so i had to complete the set...lol

Aaaah man, Manicoti, that setup is a dream! I'm also a HUGE fan of Benny and his setup, i'd love to have pies like that to try out.

How's the Sand Ride? I've heard a lot of good things about it and sounds very good on sound clips i've heard.

Great stuff so far guys!
xoxo

The sand ride to me is the perfect ride and does exactly what Benny designed it to do (if you watched his ad on it) I only wish it came in a 22 or 24 version, since i'm a fan of bigger cymbals.....I really enjoy moving around the ride to get different sounds out of it while i'm playing it. It has a very pronounced musical bell that is one of my favorite bell sounds so far that i've played. And just the right amount of wash....I walked by this ride about a month before i bought it and loved it the first time i struck it. I'm really happy with it.
I can't really expand on the sound characteristics because i haven't played it in about 3 weeks.....
If i had a complaint, it would be the finish, since all my other Meinl's have that rustic finish, it would have been nice to have the ride match, but that's the OCD in me...

I'll get some pictures and post them here when i have them set up with my Craviotto kit. That might be another 5 weeks or so yet at least. I'm still waiting on the 10" tom and the 24" bass drum to come in.

I just ordered a Sand Ride and a Serpents Ride. I'll give you guys an update when I get them and have to chance to try them out.

I just got the Benny Greb Sand-Hats! They are awesome. Also have a 21" Traditional Med Ride, and 18" Trad. Med. Crash. Love them!

hats and ride
p1110698.jpg

crash
p1110306.jpg

I havent got individual pictures of my meinls but I own:

14" Byzance Dark Hi Hats
16" Gen-X Crash
18" Gen-X Crash
18" Gen-X Crash/Ride
14" Gen-X Filter China
16" Gen-X Filter China
12" Gen-X Safari Hi Hats
18" Gen-X Safari Ride
14" Mb10 Medium Hi Hats
16" Mb10 Medium Crash
20" Mb10 Medium Ride
16" Classics Crash
13" One Of A Kind Hi Hats
20" One Of A Kind Ride (the partially black one)
26" Custom Shop Ride

I think thats it. Of the other Meinls I have tried I was most impressed with the Dark Spectrum Hi Hats and the Jazz Club Ride. The extra drys are great too.

Mmmm, Meinl. Huge fan of the Byzance line!

Right now I'm running:
14" Meinl Byzance Traditional Medium Hihats
20" Meinl Byzance Traditional Medium Ride
18" Meinl Byzance Traditional Thin Crash
18" Meinl Byzance Traditional Medium Thin Crash
18" Meinl Byzance Brilliant China

Pictures:
Kit_04.jpg

Kit_02.jpg

I'm in love with meinl, best cymbals I have ever owned.

14" byzance medium hats
18" mb20 heavy crash
20" byzance medium crash
22" byzance heavy ride

2ab72aa9.jpg

I have to say I love Meinl cymbals, at the moment I have:

14" HCS Hats
16" HCS Crash
16" MCS Crash
18" HCS Crash/Ride
10" Classics Splash
12" Classics China
18" Classics China

I know some are bottom of the line, but I still love the sound of them! just now looking at upgrading some of the lower range :)

I've found a 22" MB10 Heavy Ride at what seems like a very good price! I think its Shop display hence the price!

Does anyone have any experiance with this range?
Any help would be appreciated

-Meinl Mb20 Heavy Soundwave HiHats 14"
-Meinl Mb20 Heavy Ride 20"
-Meinl Mb20 Heavy Crash 18"
-Meinl Soundcaster Custom Powerful Crash 19"
-Meinl Mb10 China 19"
-Meinl Mb10 Splash 8"
-Meinl Mb10 Splash 10"
-Meinl Classics Low Bell 8"
-Meinl Generation X Filter China 12"

p1010434e.jpg

Absolutely love 'em!

greetings my Meinl brethren

all Meinl Byzance except the Gen X trash stack
14" Dark hats
18" medium
20" sand ride
18" extra dry thin
Gen X trash stack
they compliment each other so well....just beautiful
img0286wn.jpg

I love my Meinls, definitely made a good choice in switching. Waiting on my new crash now, stuck in layaway. Here's the current setup.

22" Byzance Vintage Sand Ride

P1040561.jpg

20" Byzance Traditional Extra Thin Hammered Crash

P1040310.jpg

14" Byzance Extra Dry Medium Hats

P1040311.jpg

Whole setup.

P1040554.jpg

Back