Long Time Lurker

camcoman

Hello All,

I have finally decided to jump in the water. I've got 40+ years in rock / pop / blues bands. 30+ years in pit orchestras, 20 something years in community bands. Play mostly 4 or 5 piece (1 up 2 down) acoustics as well as electronics. Hopefully I can add something worthwhile to the forum conversations.

Regards

welcome. I love your Camco kit!
They don't come alogn too often. There was a nice 35 yr old one in my neck of the woods recently for $1800...I wanted to jump at it, but waited too long and it was gone.

Welcome to Drummerworld. Please post larger photo's of your kit, when you get a chance. Love them Camco drums.​

Welcome fellow lurker! :)
Your career resume tells me we're going to enjoy your presence here. I'm keen to read stories from well experienced colleagues. Cheers!

Louis / Harry,

Confession time. My original avatar photo was not my set it was a photo I took at the 2009 Chicago drum show, I think it belongs(ed) to Joe Louoma & is actually a George Way drumset. Pennance will be 3 hours of the original 26 rudiments at 40 bpm.

My actual set, now in the avatar is bass 12"x20", toms 8"x12" & 14"x14" mid 60's Oaklawn era. The snare is a 5"x14" 70's era Chanute Super 99 with Aristocrat lugs (I've not seen or heard of another like it). Larger photos below

Attachments

• Cam1.jpg
    Cam1.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Cam2.jpg
    Cam2.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Cam3.jpg
    Cam3.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Great to see another 12" deep bass drum on here :)

True a 12" deep it is, but absolutely nothing like a Guru. Been struggling with head combinations on that drum since day 2. The thought of re-cutting the edges makes me ill :(

That's a keeper kit, for sure. 20x12, sweet.​

Back