Hi, new old guy here!

Fawkesguy

Hey everyone,

Getting my 1st drum set this week, and starting lessons next week. Sort of getting a late start at 45, but looking forward to years of learning and playing. I've been lurking here for about a week, and the membership seems very cool and supportive.

Jon

Well, I am not the official welcome wagon, but welcome to the forum. I am also an older guy. I started playing again about five years ago after a long time not playing. Although you are starting and I am recovering, these are similar situations. I find that drumming is a good physical therapy, and exercise. It is also a great meditation for the mind to relax and relieve the stress that is common in the work environment. This is a good site for information on equipment, technique, and troubles that inflict those that decide to pursue drumming.

Welcome! You're in lots of good company here. I started a little over 2 years ago and I'm about to turn 46. It can be frustrating but it's the most gratifying thing I've ever done. Just remember to keep it fun and not be afraid to ask questions. The gang here is always willing to help :)

Welcome, enjoy your first kit.
What kit are you getting?
Post some pics when it arrives :)

Welcome to the brotherhood!... Drummers rock and stick together, always!

Thanks everyone. I went with a Yamaha stage custom set in honey amber. I'll definitely take some pics once it's together.

This is going to be an interesting journey for me. I'm a bassist, I play in a pop/rock cover band, but I've always wanted to drum as well. I just never got around to it until now. My wife is very supportive, and that definitely helps!

I don´t pretend to sound embellished but your comment is down-to-earth and profoundly ellaborated from the heart... Wisely put, evolving_machine! :)

I find that drumming is a good physical therapy, and exercise. It is also a great meditation for the mind to relax and relieve the stress that is common in the work environment. .

Welcome and enjoy the journey. This is a great forum with a great group of members. I am 59 and although I have been playing since I was 14 I still feel like a newbe. So much knowledge on this site. Have fun.

Another geezer newbie. Got my first kit about a year ago, and I'll be 49 this summer.

Welcome aboard. Plenty of room here. Very cool people here, support galore. This place is addictive, you've been warned. Just stay away from Dr. Watso, he's trouble.

Welcome!
Great source for all woes here and you get to post your triumphs too!
We love bassists who've found the light!!!

Old guys ROCK!
Enjoy the new kit!

Meat

Hello and welcome from a new old woman! I only started playing less then 2 1/2 years ago and I'm 48. And I blummin love it here.

Thanks everyone. I went with a Yamaha stage custom set in honey amber. I'll definitely take some pics once it's together.

This is going to be an interesting journey for me. I'm a bassist, I play in a pop/rock cover band, but I've always wanted to drum as well. I just never got around to it until now. My wife is very supportive, and that definitely helps!

Being a bass player should give you a bit of a head start, as far as keeping a beat, time signatures and so on. Still - it's completely different.

I like the Stage Customs too, and they look really good in that color.

Have fun on your new journey.

Back