Show Off Your DW Kit

li'l 'n' larger

less ...
l1040873zo4.jpg

... and more
l1050012cc9.jpg

some more pics in post number 6 of this thread.

Last edited:
...I took some new pics.

This is my playpen.

This is my big kit. 24x16, 16x16, 13x9, 14x6 edge 20" Manhattan, 14" dark hats, 16" thin, 17" HHXtreme, 18" fast china.

This is my small kit. 18x16, 14x14, 12x8, 14x6 20" A Zildjian med ride, 14" new beats, 16" K dark, 16" A med thin crashes.

I am really enjoying these kits. I liked the way Bojangleman had his cymbals in his avatar, so it inspired me to change my normal position, and add the china to my fave drums and my fave cymbals.

My bop kit sounds HUGE. I added the wood hoops, and a reverse dot EC-1 to the snare, and switched to those clear EC-1s on the toms. The toms have lost some of their warmth with the clear heads, but I like the brightness, and projection. Adding the bass drum riser allows me to set my pedal where It feels comfortable, and have the beater hit in the sweet spot. This little bass sounds a loy bigger than I honestly thought it would.

I really like these Zildjian cymbals. I might buy a 15 or 17" china to go with these, maybe a K.

Barry

Hey Barry, when you play one of your kits, does the entire " DW museum"resonate?....seriously, dont you get symathetic resonance from all the other drums in the room?

Hey Barry, when you play one of your kits, does the entire " DW museum"resonate?....seriously, dont you get symathetic resonance from all the other drums in the room?

...Namaste Aydee..

I don't really know, but it does make sense. Having a bunch of drums in the room would probably make them sound a little warmer.

I would like to thank you for the excuse that I need to justify my last, and future purchases. All of the drums in the shrine are for sound enhancement, and I have a few more gaps to fill.

I love playing them. I just wish that I could set them all up at once.

Barry

Wow! I just love your finish!! If I can ask you, how much does the drum costs, just the drum? I really want to get a DW that has a similar finish with yours, but I just don't know how to get them and how much they really cost! Some help?? Thanks

To be honest, I couldn't tell you exactly how much this kit would cost if you ordered it that way. I am DW endorsed. But since this is a complete custom job by their absolutely amazing airbrush artist Louie Garcia, I would assume that a similar kit (23"BD,8",10",12",15",18", 14"SN) would probably be around 11000$..

Attachments

• IMG_2837.jpg
    IMG_2837.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 6,661
  • IMG_2838.jpg
    IMG_2838.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 6,672
  • IMG_2839.jpg
    IMG_2839.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6,608
  • IMG_2844.jpg
    IMG_2844.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6,583
Glad I'm not the only one with 3 piece...snare is brass ludwig 61/2
x 14 bass 22x18 toms 9x13 16x16.
very happy to belong to this DW group.

This is the best DW kit I've seen on here. Nice.

the specs:
DW mini pro (colour=royal onyx)
sizes:
14x16” bass drum
6x10” rack tom
9x13” floor tom
5x12” wood snare

hardware:
DW 4000 bass drum pedal
DW 9500 Hi Hat
DW 9799 Dual Straight/Boom Cymbal Stand
DW 9303 Piccolo Snare Stand
DW 5710 Straight cymbal stand

winner.. handz down in my opinion i love the sizes and look and setup.. everythings perfect. lol

Salomon how does that Istanbul sound? I've always been interested (but never been able to play) those not-so-common cymbals like Instanbul. Diggin the kit by the way!

I studied under Rick Latham for about a year www.ricklatham.com

He is endorsed by Istanbul, I got to play his set a lot. I love the Istanbul cymbals.

I play all vintage Zildjian As. These sounded great to my ear, just as a reference point for you.

But like I always say, tone is subjective, what I like you may not.

nope...not new lugs...those are the new pdp platinum series, about as close as you can get to a deedub w/o spending that kinda cash

{Sigh} ....memories...

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 8,343
  • kit2.jpg
    kit2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 8,199
Back