Show us your Premier kits!!

Late 90's APK

23u8xll.jpg

Just joined the Genista club!! Too excited!! Guy says he is pretty sure they are a 93 model. Obviously a little wear and tear from a 22 year old kit, but they are in surprisingly good condition. 10/12 rack, 14/16 suspended floors, 20 kick in Rootbeer Sparkle. Hardware needs a little cleaning/polishing and I think I can clean the shells a little bit as well and they will look awesome. I need to buy a couple more tom mounts before I can get everything set up completely, but in the meantime, here's a pic of the 12"

Edit: can you not link a pic from instagram??

Last edited:
HI TO YOU ALL, IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WAS ON HERE & THERE ARE CERTAINLY SOME OUTSTANDING KITS OUT THERE & I HAVE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTINUING TO PLAY PREMIER.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A LITTLE FRUSTRATION OUT THERE WITH THE CURRENT SITUATION BUT THIS WILL ALL BE FIXED VERY SOON. AS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW PREMIER RELEASED HANSER MUSIC FROM THEIR DISTRIBUTION CONTRACT AS OF JAN 1st 2015, HOWEVER, HANSER IS STILL SITTING ON A HUGE AMOUNT OF BACK STOCK WHICH I AM CURRENTLY IN TALKS WITH THEM ABOUT BUT AS OF THIS MOMENT MOST OF THE BACK STOCK HAS BEEN "FROZEN". I AM HOPING THAT THIS WILL CHANGE VERY SOON BUT IN THE MEANTIME PREMIER IS HANDLING AL SALES FROM THE UK UNTIL I HEAR OTHERWISE.
SO, JUST TO CHEER YOU UP A BIT I THOUGHT I WOULD ADD SOME NEW ACQUISITIONS TO MY COLLECTION, A COUPLE OF WHICH I THINK YOU MAY DROP YOUR BOTTOM JAW!!!
THE FIRST IS A GENISTA LTD ED SILVER SPARKLE WHICH ACTUALLY HAS A SLIGHT GOLD TINGE TO IT. NOW, I WANT TO MAKE MYSELF VERY CLEAR ON THE FOLLOWING KITS WHICH ARE BOTH 7 PIECE SIGNIA PROTOTYPES MADE IN ASIA & THESE WERE NOT SANCTIONED BY PREMIER AT ALL. THEY WERE A JOINT PROJECT BETWEEN MYSELF & TIM O'NEAL WHO WAS AT HANSER AT THE TIME. PREMIER ARE NOT RE-RELEASING THE SIGNIA IN ANY FORM SO PLEASE DON'T ASK. THESE ARE THE ONLY 2 IN EXISTENCE WITH RE-DESIGNED LUGS & PLATES WHICH WOULD ACCEPT THE 2800/2 TOM MOUNTS.
I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE BUT MY PIC'S GOT LISTED OUT OF ORDER, THE SILVER GENISTA ARE THE FINAL 2.
ENJOY
DANCINCROW

Attachments

• IMG_7550.jpg
    IMG_7550.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2,549
  • IMG_7552.jpg
    IMG_7552.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,495
  • IMG_7580.jpg
    IMG_7580.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,484
  • IMG_7576.jpg
    IMG_7576.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,456
  • IMG_7578.jpg
    IMG_7578.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2,455
  • IMG_7611.jpg
    IMG_7611.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,496
  • IMG_7608_2.jpg
    IMG_7608_2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2,528
Hi - not sure if this attachment will work, but here's my early/mid-60s Premier bop kit with matching 14 x 4 Royal Ace snare in Blue Marine Pearl :)

Attachments

• Premier Kit.jpg
    Premier Kit.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 2,356
Hi to all. It has been a couple months I think since I last added any new kits to this wonderful thread but boy did I come across a real Gem recently.
What I found was this Gen X kit in Purple Sparkle which was NOT a color that was produced for this series. It seems like I have found yet another color changing Victim from the curing process. I have seen Olive Green Signia Marquis that started out as Silver Sparkle and also the same series which turned Red!! So I am assuming this kit started as Gun Metal Sparkle but it decided to turn Purple during curing. Now, if anyone has another the same color I would love to hear from you as I would love to build up on this beauty.
Also, If anyone has any beat up Artist Birch drums where the badges are in nice condition please let me know as I need 2 badges for a Re-Build I am doing.
Thanks for looking and any additional info you may have I would love to hear from you.
Cheers for now
Dancincrow - Official Premier Sales & Service

Attachments

• IMG_7974_2.jpg
    IMG_7974_2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,282
  • IMG_7972_2.jpg
    IMG_7972_2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2,284
Hello.
I just purchased a Signia kit from what I believe to be late 80's early 90's (would love be to hear what some of you who actually know the history of Premier would say) it came with the rack you see them on.
I want to buy some tom stands so that I don't have to lug the rack around with
me when I play out, and also have the option to bring fewer toms with me when space is an issue.
Any suggestions for models and brands to buy? Am I going to be limited by the size of the holes in the mounts on the toms as to which brands will work? Also I need a stand for the floor tom as well. It's an 8 10 12 16 kit with a 20" virgin kick.
The last kit I owned was a late 60's Rogers so I didn't have issues like this lol.
Thank's in advance for your advice.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,797
Last edited:
1974 Kenny Clare Resonator. 22", 13", 16" with 14 x 6.5" model '36' snare (beaded COA).
Original polychromatic red wrap.
Liners removed, bearing edges trued and recut.
I've also fitted later model spurs and top tom isolation mount.
Lokfast stands.
Sounds better than the day it left the factory!

12418970_1112062358828448_4632120924203594682_o.jpg

I just purchased a Signia kit from what I believe to be late 80's early 90's (would love be to hear what some of you who actually know the history of Premier would say)

Congrats! Those are great drums.

Am I going to be limited by the size of the holes in the mounts on the toms as to which brands will work?

No. Premier used 10.5mm L-arms for Signia (and virtually everything else). You just need to make sure the widgets you buy have 10.5mm L-arms. Lots and lots of other manufacturers used and still use 10.5mm L-arms.

Any suggestions for models and brands to buy?

I'm a big fan of Gibraltar and Pearl hardware. You have literally hundreds of options. You could get cymbal stands and attach 10.5mm L-arm tom mounts to those. That you should be able to get at your friendly local music store (FLMS).

If I were you, I'd go for reducing my hardware/stand footprint. The best part is you already have the lion's share of stuff to get one of these:

and use your existing hardware - from off the rack - to put two toms and two cymbals on one stand.

Simply remove the ball-mount L-arms from the Premier tom holders on the rack. Stick 'em in the ball-mount bits of the stand. Ditto with a couple of cymbal boom arms. Hey, presto - a mini-rack on one stand tripod.

It may transpire that the Premier ball-mount L-arms don't fit the Gibraltar stand. In that case, you'll have to get some different arms. Luckily, Gibraltar make 10.5mm arms which are designed to fit that stand.

Watch the video on the Gibraltar product page to get a good explanation of the possibilities.

Available here for less than $90.

Also I need a stand for the floor tom as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Is the floor tom mounted? I.e., a large rack tom?

Thanks so much for your response.

Yes the floor tom is actually a large rack tom that sits where my floor tom would've sat.

So it sound like I'd need another stand for that. So since I have 8", 10", and 12" up and the 14 on the side I guess I will need 3 of those stands..

Thanks so much for your response.

Yes the floor tom is actually a large rack tom that sits where my floor tom would've sat.

So it sound like I'd need another stand for that. So since I have 8", 10", and 12" up and the 14 on the side I guess I will need 3 of those stands..

Yeah, I'd do three stands - one with 2 toms, 2 cymbals. Two each of 1 tom, 2 cymbals. All the variants are mentioned in the video on the Gibraltar product page I linked.

Alternately, you could put legs on the 16" tom and turn it into a "real" floor tom.

Hey Guys & Gals
First of all &most important - Premier will be back in the USA in the VERY near future after much discussion with the new Distributor. That's all I can say right now. I the meantime I still have a Ton f up to date & many Deleted series' parts & hardware, including Signia, Genista (Original UK made.
I've been pretty busy with several kit projects which includes the Artist Birch you see in the photo's which has a 26" Bass Drum!! It's a killer kit in White Pearl wrap, you just don't find any of these very easily. So here are the sizes -
Diameter x Depth - 26x16,8x7, 10x8, 12x8, 13x9, 14x10, 14x12 Rack Toms then 16x16 & 18x16 Floor toms. NO Snare Drum is included.
YES, it is for sale so please cotact me on - [email protected]
Thanks as always for yor time & for posting some amazing Premier kits on this site.

Attachments

• IMG_8248_2.jpg
    IMG_8248_2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,801
  • IMG_8251_2.jpg
    IMG_8251_2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,730
  • IMG_8252_2.jpg
    IMG_8252_2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,693
Hi y'all - It's been a while since I posted anything here but I just wanted to let you all know of new availability. For a while now I have had MANY requests for the parts needed to convert Signia Rack Toms into Floor standing Toms but I was out of the 14 & 16 plates. Well, I finally have them both in stock now & have already taken care of 4 Client requests from 13" to 16" conversions.
I only have a Limited amount right now so if you want to do any conversions get them while they're here. I am still the ONLY Signia parts location in the US but I also have many, many parts for other Premier series in stock too.
I am always here to help & assist so fell free to contact me directly on [email protected].
Cheers for now

Here is a pic from last night's gig of my beloved Premier Royale. It was bought second hand by my brother around 1990 and I inherited it after he gave up. After researching it, seems like the model is an entry level kit from between 1982 and 1985. After I stopped over 13 years ago it went on loan to one of my friends. I took it back last year after deciding to start again and here it finally is, back on stage where it belongs complete with new cymbals, heads and hardware, although some of the hardware is original. It still looks and sounds great, I wouldn't even think about getting another kit, there's no space in my apartment for one either!

Attachments

• RBDW3.jpg
    RBDW3.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,491
  • RBDW2.jpg
    RBDW2.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 1,488
  • RBDW1.jpg
    RBDW1.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 1,503
Driver's view of my made in England Genistas.
10/12/14/16/22 in Terraverdi Green.

Attachments

• genista up.jpg
    genista up.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 1,398
IMG_0129.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg
DSCF2014.jpg

8 drums : all Signia Maple. Around 20 years old, perfect shape :). It's Coral White - Except for the snare- And it's beautiful.

A real pity this brand is ending up like this.

I didn't know those lugs ?
What series is this ?

IMG_0129.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg
DSCF2014.jpg

8 drums : all Signia Maple. Around 20 years old, perfect shape :). It's Coral White - Except for the snare- And it's beautiful.

A real pity this brand is ending up like this.

WOW is all I can say, absolutely fabulous kit, great players set up and probably sounds like thunder - nice

Back