Agent_drew

There is my set....and me

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1384.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

DSCF1393.jpg

DSCF1394.jpg

DSCF1395.jpg

These are really amazing overhead mics...

DSCF1388.jpg

Still miss a ride but will coming soon

hey man amazing peavey's!!! I own a peavey set and i really like them even thought they are considered cheap drums. But mine do not look like that, were do/did you get peavey like that!!!!

Another guy with Radial Pros who I must officially hate! ;p

Those are awesome sounding and rare drums. You must enjoy playing on those. They seem to be in excellent condition too. May I ask how you got your hands on those beauties?

there was a kit just like that a handful of years ago in a pawn shop here in fargo...

I wish I would have bought them, but at the time had no idea that they were as cool as they are. It was a 6 piece kit and if i remember right the price tag for the whole thing was 700 bucks.

If I could kick my own ass, I would.

Awesome kit... I'm envious. I know how good those drums sound now, and wish I would have known years ago.

hey man amazing peavey's!!! I own a peavey set and i really like them even thought they are considered cheap drums. But mine do not look like that, were do/did you get peavey like that!!!!

I trade it with someone near my place. He tried to sell the drum for a long time but nobody wanted it because for a lot of us, peavey is a (maybe soso) guitar maker but certainly not a valuable drum maker.

The sound produced by this beast is amazing.....I love this drum (but the snare is...euh....a bit ugly).

Un petit bonjour du Québec!!!!

I trade it with someone near my place. He tried to sell the drum for a long time but nobody wanted it because for a lot of us, peavey is a (maybe soso) guitar maker but certainly not a valuable drum maker.

The sound produced by this beast is amazing.....I love this drum (but the snare is...euh....a bit ugly).

really awsome peavey's same thing on my peavey set up (but its not nearly as nice as yours) the toms and the bass drum soud good but the snare is abit "ugly" as you put it lol.

Magnifique Radial Pro. Je ne pensais pas que "Peavey's shell" était si epais.

I consider Peavey Radial pro as the classy "mystirious" great sounding drum kit.

Un petit bonjour de Rouyn-Noranda...

I consider Peavey Radial pro as the classy "mystirious" great sounding drum kit.

do they still sell peavey radial pro?

Ben en fait, à part la snare, normalement c'est de l'érable trois plis. Mais c'est vrai que la snare est moche... C'est le seul truc que j'ai jamais aimé, en plus ça doit prendre de la place entre les jambes!

You were lucky to find one of these kits, most people I have seen with one have the same story - they kinda found them by accident. It's just so sad they discontinued them, the Radial Pro 1000 was my dream kit...

Un petit bonjour de Toulouse, France. :)

Justement non, les shells des Radial Pro n'ont que 3 plis, sur lesquels sont apposé des "bridges", c'est ce qui fait qu'ils on l'air si épais, mais au contraire, comme je disais, ils sont vraiment très minces (et probablement plus fragiles que des shells régulier).

shell2.jpg

The Peavey Radial Pro shells are only 3 plies thin.

I use to own a Peavey kit years ago in white pearl. They sounded ok, but after awhile I couldn't handle the look of a kit with no lugs. The round wooden hoops that take the tension rods made the kit look like it was swelling up from an infection. One thing nice however, without the rims I could roll them across the floor.

Man, I love your drums. Wish they were mine. I've seen these Peaveys before, but never in natural wood. They look fantastic. What are the sizes?

I wonder why the snare is built differently from the rest of the drums (with the tension rods connecting to the thickened shell, as opposed to the wooden rings top and bottom).

Man, I love your drums. Wish they were mine. I've seen these Peaveys before, but never in natural wood. They look fantastic. What are the sizes?

I wonder why the snare is built differently from the rest of the drums (with the tension rods connecting to the thickened shell, as opposed to the wooden rings top and bottom).

The size of the drums are: snare, 14, toms, 8", 10", 12", 14", 16", bass drum: 22"

My guess on that is because of the strain that would be put on to the shell from the high tension people usually have on their snare drums. The shell might collapse constructed with wooden rings...

Drew, do you know the depth of those shells? Again congrats for that kit, I really envy you. :)

My first kit was a Peavey, it was a lil 5pc with a throne, cymbals, stands and the whole thing was 300 bucks. It sounded awful. I hated that thing right up until I got my pork pie snare and a set of steel mini-tymps (which meant I could just click pad the bass drums and use the tymps for ALL tom work)

I stopped hating it when I got my Tama rockstar, and now have finally put it to good use as an 8 track recorder stand. (using the pearl style tom mounts backwards so the real long end points horizontally giving the recorder a place to sit up against the wall)

I don't think I have ever hated anything as much as that kit, and that stupid hihat stand that lacked the strength to hold up the Z customs I put on it (sacked it for an iron cobra stand as soon as I got my first job)

If Peavey makes a quality kit, that's news to me. I hated that damn thing.

must have been a peavey international kit for that kind of cash, and forgive me for asking but why would you buy it if you thought it sounded awful? i went to the store at least a half dozen times or so and played several kits each time before surrendering the cash

PS: anyone know where there is a matching 8" and/or 18" tom, or even an 18" bass drum, i can change the hoops, bass drums are 5 ply instead of 3 ply but should still work good, plus i could use it as the kick for a compact 4 piece as well.

Last edited:
Please, don't say you weren't warned when everyone & their grandmothers were gleaming at the DW's and (cough cough) pearls. Glad to see there are a few people that can hear.

Attachments

• Violet Gloss email size.jpg
    Violet Gloss email size.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 3,741
Back