My Tama Superstar Hyperdrive

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would show you guys my baby.

I have a Matte Black Tama Superstar Hyperdrive. I have the 6 piece version but I only use 5. 18"x22" Bass Drum 12"x7"rack, 14"x"12" & 16"x14" floors, and the 5.5"x14" Snare Drum which I think is a great snare!
I use a Remo Powerstroke 3 head on my 12" with an ambassador reso, and Powerstroke 4's on my floors with Powerstroke 3 resos.
DW9000 double kicks, Roland SPD-S Sample Pad and Collision drumsticks.

I use cymbals I think sound nice, not really a one brand man. I use:
14"Sabian SX Hit-Hats
16"Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
18"Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash
8.5"Meinl M-Series Traditional Bell
14"Zildjain K Mini China
18"Zildjian Oriental China

I also use a 10"" Zildjian ZHT splash but I have a little crack in it :(

Now... I use a pillow in my bass, I really like half of it against the head of the bass, the other half on the floor of the bass. I know having it up against the skin dampens the sound quite a bit, but I feel as though it makes it sound so much better and I can kick quicker on it. Im thinking about putting small Velcro strips on the pillow and on the wood inside of my bass drum to stabilise it in there so its in the same spot..... anybody got any other ideas, opinions?? im only trying it out atm :) Let me know what you think :)

Attachments

• photo 11.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,514
  • photo 21.jpg
    photo 21.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,074
  • photo 31.jpg
    photo 31.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,186
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 723
That's a nice kit. I've always been a Tama fan.

The matte black looks really nice. I used to have a Hyperdrive kit in the dark mocha finish.

The pillow idea you describe sounds similar to the Evans EQ pillow or whatever, it includes some velcro to hold it it on- seems like it would work with any regular pillow just as well.

Got the matte black one aswell.

Evans eq pads sound it'd work for you. I got 2 in my kick. One against the batter with the broad side & the other flat in it. Still in the same spot after a month.

Back