INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Brad

Age? 21

How long have you been playing? 6 years

Origin of user name? My first name, my favourite drummer's surname, one of the best years in music history (1966)

Your top 5 drummers? Ringo Starr, Keith Moon, Tony Williams, Steve Gadd, Buddy Rich

Make of drumkit? Ludwig

Make of cymbal? Istanbul Agop

Where do you practice? Spare room

Are you in a band? Yes

Do you play covers or originals? Covers

What style of music? Beatles tribute

Favourite take out food? Any!

What country do you live in? UK

One really odd fact about yourself? My job is to impersonate Ringo Starr as accurately as possible. This means I'll often gig in a false nose and blue contact lenses to help the illusion!

How did you start drumming? Picked up some sticks and hit them ;-)

Hi everyone,

Name's Magnus, 47 years old. Got started playing drums in my 30s. Not very skilled or talented but have a lot of fun playing. Been a gear-head all my life and still have a stronger passion for the drums themselves than playing them.

Stay-at-home Dad for the last year and spend my spare time running my non-commercial website all about small-size / compact / portable drum kits.

I just finished a cocktail kit, currently working on a sparkle-finish thin-shell snare and will soon be starting on a bop kit. All projects get documented with illustrations and instructions on my site.

My main kit is a Gretsch Catalina Maple. 16" floor tom converted to bass, 14" floor, 10" tom tom, 14" snare.

Cheers!

Real name? Ricardo

Age? 18

How long have you been playing? for 10 years

Origin of user name? just a childhood nickname

Your top 5 drummers?
-Neil Peart,
-John Bonham,
-Ian Piece,
-Chad Smith,
-lars Ulrich

Make of drumkit? DW

Make of cymbal? Zildijian

Where do you practice? Garage

Are you in a band? Recently left

Do you play covers or originals? covers

What style of music? Mainly Rock

Favourite take out food? Pizza

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? I just moved to the US, im from Brazil. thats why i left my band.

How did you start drumming? i grew up in a musical enviroment as a kid i always had toy drum kits. when i was 8 i decide d to learn how to play for real.

Real name? - sam bucco

Age? - 25

How long have you been playing? - 20 years

Origin of user name? - how i feel about myself

Where do you practice? basement

Are you in a band? yes

Do you play covers or originals? originals

What style of music? rock

Favourite take out food? indian

What country do you live in? canada

One really odd fact about yourself? i have a stammer, unless i'm on rollerblades.

How did you start drumming? grandma got me a kit, took it from there

Real name? Thomas (everyone calls me Tom though)

Age? 28

How long have you been playing? About 15 years on and off.

Origin of user name? It's the name I use for 99% of internet things (Steam, Xbox Live etc). My name is Tom...so Tom Tom...SatNav. It makes sense, honest!

Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order - Gavin Harrison, Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Thomas Lang & The Rev

Make of drumkit? Tama Starclassic Performer B/B in 6 piece Hyperdrive config - 2009 (I think) model in Crystal Blue Burst lacquer finish

Make of cymbal? All Sabians - AAX, HHX & HH

Where do you practice? At local rehearsal rooms near where I live. It's not the best sounding place but the room we hire is very large and has a 30ft stage - we're also allowed to leave our gear there so definitely a bonus.

Are you in a band? Yes, an originals band called BlackWolf. www.facebook.com/ukblackwolf

Do you play covers or originals? All originals

What style of music? Mainly hard rock with a sprinkling of blues, soul, funk and groove.

Favourite take out food? Tough one....probably Indian.

What country do you live in? UK

One really odd fact about yourself? Not so odd, but used be in the drumline in a UK drum corps. Have played in the pit, on the bassline, tenors and snare.

How did you start drumming? When I was about 13 in secondary school we had a task in one of our music lessons to use any instrument and essentially cover a song. Everyone else pretty did the Eastenders theme (Google it) on the electric keyboards whilst myself and 2 others did a version (I use that term very loosely) of a WWF theme. One guy used a keyboard, another sang and I played drums. From then I started jamming with some mates who played guitar & bass. Played covers initially and then we started an originals band. We split up as two of them went to Uni and I stayed at home. Got into another covers band nearer home for a while. Moved to Devon with the folks and didn't play for around 4 years. Moved to Bristol about 6 years ago and not long after joined what is now my current band, BlackWolf.

Real name? Benjamin

Age? 42

How long have you been playing? On and off for 15 years

Origin of user name? I love drums!

Your top 5 drummers? Jeff Porcaro, Butch from the Eels, Carter Beauford, Shane Evans and Jay Lane

Make of drumkit? TAMA and Billy Hyde

Make of cymbal? Ozman, Stagg, Sabian and Zildjian

Where do you practice? Upstairs

Are you in a band? No

What style of music? Funk, Pop

Favourite take out food? NONE!!!

What country do you live in? Australia

One really odd fact about yourself? I don't drink tea or coffee

How did you start drumming? I was 25 years old and walked past a music shop and thought...."why not".

I am a Registered Nurse and work in Intensive Care.

Real name? Andy

Age? 41

How long have you been playing? A little over a month.

Origin of user name? It's my nom de plume for writing music, but I first came upon the name from Robert Anton Wilson's book, Prometheus Rising.

Your top 5 drummers? Bill Bruford, Robert Wyatt, Jaki Liebezeit, Christian Vander, Phil Collins

Make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina Jazz - Matte Black

Make of cymbal? Zildjians, mostly Ks.

Where do you practice?
At home.

Are you in a band? Gel-Sol (solo), Kids For Tomorrow, Monster Planet

Do you play covers or originals? Originals

What style of music? Abstract/Ambient/Experimental

Favourite take out food? Cuban Press from Paseo, Seattle, WA.

What country do you live in? US

One really odd fact about yourself? One of my legs is longer than the other.

How did you start drumming?
I saw legendary French Zeuhl band Magma three times a few months ago, and bought a drum set immediately after.

Real name? Dustin

Age? 26

How long have you been playing? Over 15 years

Origin of user name? My name and initials

Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Matt Greiner, Dave Weckel, QuestLove, Scott Johnson

Make of drumkit? Ayotte Drumsmith Early 90's. Dark Stain Finish on Maple (Dark red almost)

Make of cymbal? Zildjian A's, Switching to all Saludas

Where do you practice? Home, with my band, at the school I teach, at church, in the car, on the couch, anywhere I get the chance

Are you in a band? Sega Rock, Lead Worship Drummer at Crossroads Community Church, Instructor at local high school

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? All Genres

Favourite take out food? Mancinos Grinders/Local Chinese Joint

What country do you live in? US

One really odd fact about yourself? I can bend my fingers back past 90 degrees.

How did you start drumming? I tried out for beginning band on tuba and the drum instructor told me I was too good to play anything else and that he would make my life miserable if I didn't join percussion. It was the greatest threat in my life. Drums are my passion, my escape... when life is overwhelming, my drumkit is my sanctuary where all worries melt away and can't touch me... I live for Christ, my wife, and my love for drumming.

Real name? Louis
Age? 19
How long have you been playing? 3 years
Origin of user name? It comes from Carter Beauford and Leroi Moore in the Dave Matthews Band
Your top 5 drummers? Carter Beauford, Dave Weckl, Benny Greb, Thomas Lang, Stewart Copeland
Make of drumkit? Tama Rockstar
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian and the Meinl Sand Ride
Where do you practice? in my basement
Are you in a band? No, I played with some musicians...
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? everything!
What country do you live in? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm lefty but I play on a right handed kit so I became early ambidextrous. My technique is better in my right hand but my left hand is stronger...
How did you start drumming? I knew my father had a drum set, I told him that I wanted to start drumming. The first song I played after 10 or 20 minutes was Billie Jeans

Real name? Quinn.

Age? I'm 16.

How long have you been playing? I've played a little over 4 years consistently, but pretty much decided on being a drummer when I was 5 or 6.

Origin of user name? Euphoria is my favorite word, and Lateralus is my favorite album! \m/

Your top 5 drummers? I'd have to say Danny Carey, Abe Cunningham, Tim Alexander, Brad Wilk, and Aloke Dutta (because damn it, he counts!). I know none of them are passed greats of the past like Blakey or Bonham, but they honestly influence me the most.

Make of drumkit? Tama Silverstar birch/Astral mystery wood. I would love to shell out some cash for a Sonor SQ2 kit, but that'll be somewhere way down the road. Damn things are expensive.

Make of cymbal? Paiste 2002 Wild Crashes (18/20"), Zildjian A Custom Mastersound hat (15", main), 18" thin mystery ride, and a 13" Sabian B8 hat that I keep offset for a stacker replacement in heavy grooves and the like.

Where do you practice? In my bedroom (;

Are you in a band? I am, we're called "Tempus" and we play a really weird genre. It's the biologically dissociative lovechild of progressive rock, prog metal, jazz and nu-metal. We're a three piece without a singer for now, but I suppose that just gives us more time to get ready to introduce that element. The more time we have to shape our sound before we hit the bars and clubs, the better.

Do you play covers or originals? A little bit of both. We find that playing covers of bands we like help us get comfortable and make some of our own sounds.

What style of music? I guess I already answered that, but let's call it progressive ore. (Get it? Hehe)

Favourite take out food? I like to cook my own food more than anything, but it would have to be Taco Bell. I'm a sucker for circus meat and grease.

What country do you live in? The United States.

One really odd fact about yourself? I like to chug hot sauce, and I won't stop breathing until I do everything I want to do in this life. I like sacred geometry.

How did you start drumming? When I was about 4 or 5, I was introduced to music in a profound way by The Beatles and Tool, with Revolver and Aenima respectively. My journey as a drummer has led me here, and I look forward to meeting everyone. Cheers!

Real name Tim Harrison
Age? 38
How long have you been playing? Sporadically since I was 8
Origin of user name? What I say when I'm lost for words
Your top 5 drummers? (in no order, based on playing style rather than technical ability) Richard Bailey, Luke Flowers, Luke Parkhouse, Alan Wren, Dave Grohl
Make of drumkit? Premier
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practise? At home on a pad and at band rehearsals
Are you in a band? Yes, 2
What style of music? Pop rock, alt rock
Favourite take out food? Peruvian chicken
What country do you live in? Italy (but from England)
One really odd fact about yourself? I used to work performing in ice shows in theme parks dressed as Jiminy Cricket and a reindeer as well as other things.
How did you start drumming? My brother introduced me to it when I was about 8

Last edited:
Age? 17
How long have you been playing? Just under a year
Origin of user name? My first name
Your top 5 drummers? (in no order, based on playing style rather than technical ability) Nick Mason, John Bonham, Keith Moon, Roger Taylor and Tommy Lee
Make of drumkit? Pearl
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practise? In the basement :p
Are you in a band? Yep.
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly covers, but some originals.
What style of music? Classic rock and metal
Favourite take out food? Japanese
One really odd fact about yourself? i dont know :p
How did you start drumming? I wanted to learn an instrument and I've always liked drums so I decided to take lessons for about a month and I've been playing ever since :D

My name is Yogi

Age? 23

How long have you been playing? since 2002

Origin of user name? my full name

Your top 5 drummers? Tony Royster Jr, Mike Portnoy, Akira Jimbo, Terry Bozio, Mike mangini

Make of drumkit? Pearl and Yamaha DTX

Make of cymbal? Paiste

Where do you practice? At home

Are you in a band? I was

What style of music? Pop, Rock, Soul

Favourite take out food? Spicy Chicken Burger

What country do you live in? Indonesia

One really odd fact about yourself? Playing melodica while drumming

How did you start drumming? My brothers are guitarist so I play drum to complete my family band

You can check my youtube channel for some drum cover https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7XmkD5kolqkLQLWO1nu3ZA/videos

Cheers,

Yogi

NAME: Rob

DRUM KIT: Picking up a brand new Pearl Vision Birch 6 pc set. Will be my 4th Pearl set. And my first set in 24 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also found a used Chad Smith Signature snare in excellent cond. For $100 bucks.

CYMBALS: Zildjian A Customs box set with bonus 18" crash. Set includes 16" crash, 20" ride, 14" hats. Bought a new extra set of Zildjian 15" A Customs Mastersound hats. These sound sooo good.

What got me into drumming. I was a young teen on into my 20's in the decade of metal and excess......the 80's. I was hooked on rock and metal and drums.

I'm buying everything but the spare snare brand new. Because I just don't care. I want new, not used old stuff. I'm recently single after 15 years of which my now evil ex never wanted me to get a set. I am a recent Survivor (past 3 years now) of a very rare lung cancer which caused two brain tumors. Two so far. One tumor I had 8 hours of brain surgery to remove it.

I lost half my right lung to the cancer. I survived what 98/99% do not. One of my neurosurgeon's said forget the lung cancer. Forget the actual brain tumor. He said to me, just the level of brain swelling caused by the tumor kills 98/99% of people. I could have just as easily died instead of passing out in the shower.

I am one of the luckiest people on the planet to still be alive. And the doc said those that do survive it are usually moderate to severe brain damage. I figure this will get me at some point. But I AM going to ROCK THE F OUT until it does if ever.

Hi, I'm Steve, Trying to become a drummer.
I'm our church band's keyboard player, but sometimes get to play drums.
Wish I could play drums more often. Love it. I'm a hacker at keyboard, but may have a small gift for drums.
Took some lessons. Bought a Yamaha DTX 400 series to learn.
Play on acoustic drums at church.
I'm old over 60, but learning still works.
Recently bought DTX550 which seems to have far more features than the 400 series and something I could use to play live with. But I need to adjust them. Closed HH is silent out of the box.
I'll probably be on this site in the future asking e-drum questions.
thanks

Reintroducing myself just for the sake of boredom, and it's been a while.

Real name? - Cheyenne Dreiling
Age? - 24
How long have you been playing? - Drums? Twelve years now.
Origin of user name? - Nightwish song.
Your top 5 drummers? - George Kollias, Gene Krupa, Criz Mozatti, Jaska Raatikainen, John Bonham. Not in that exact order.
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Rock Tour in textured green sunburst.
Make of cymbal? Sabian AAX.
Where do you practice? - Home, and in our practice space.
Are you in a band? - Rejoined my old band, Inherit The Horror.
Do you play covers or originals? - Originals.
What style of music? - Gothic Metal.
Favourite take out food? - Mexican.
What country do you live in? - United States.
One really odd fact about yourself? - I'm just strange in general.
How did you start drumming? - I got into drumming from hearing a band, 16Volt, that contributed to a video game called Primal ages ago.

Hi folks,

Real name? Graham
Age? 54
How long have you been playing? 1 week
Origin of user name? Excellent question!
Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Chester Thompson, Neil Peart, Dave Grohl, Roger Taylor.......
Make of drumkit? TBD
Make of cymbal?TBD
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Will be both
What style of music? everything!
One really odd fact about yourself? One of my eyes is a different colour than the other two. Is that odd?
How did you start drumming? Always wanted to, played brass (trumpet, tuba), self taught acoustic guitar, marching snare as a kid now lessons and wanting to build a kit

Last edited:
Hi!

Real name? Ewyn
Age? 25
How long have you been playing? Around 6 years.
Origin of user name? Well I tried ‘Ewyn’ but that was taken so I’ve got this…
Your top 5 drummers? I couldn’t reduce it past 6: John Bonham, Ian Paice, Jeff Porcaro, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy and Danny Carey.
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? Currently on a pillow in my room.
Are you in a band? Nope
Favourite take out food? Kebabs
One really odd fact about yourself? I cannot read sheet music and play by ear. I also have pretty poor understand of other musical instruments (i.e. If I listened to a guitar piece, I couldn’t tell you which chords were being played) which is something I would really like to improve on.
How did you start drumming? In school I used to tap on desks. I eventually bought my first drum set and have been hooked ever since.

Real name?

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Age?

How long have you been playing?

6 years.

Origin of user name?

Both of my grandfathers. Odd and Anton

Your top 5 drummers?

Vinnie Colaiuta
Paolo Vinaccia
David Garibaldi
Elvin Jones
Tony Williams

Make of drumkit?

Gretsch with snares also from Yamaha, Ludwig and Longo.

Make of cymbal?

Zildjian

Where do you practice?

Apartment above my parents boathouse.

Are you in a band?

No. Only one-offs.

Do you play covers or originals?

Mostly covers.

What style of music?

Whatever the gig calls for.

Favourite take out food?

A nice smoothie

What country do you live in?

Norway

One really odd fact about yourself?

Everything about me is Odd. duh

How did you start drumming?

I'm a music teacher. Originally a guitar player, but since I have to teach drums as well I wanted to take it seriously and got hooked.

Last edited:
Real name? - Kevin Frost
Age? - 48
Origin of username. Nickname at school.
How long have you been playing? - Since I was 12. So, 36 years.
Your top 5 drummers? - Hmmmmmmm. Have no idea.
Make of drumkit?- Pearl MLX, Yamaha Recording Custom.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? - I don't
Are you in a band? - Yes. The Vile. (Previous bands - The Varukers, Cerebral Fix, Helvis, Sick On The Bus, Metal Messiah)
Do you play covers or originals? - Originals
Favourite take out food? - Chinese
What country do you live in? - England
How did you start drumming? Pestered the living daylight out of my dad to buy me a kit after listening to John Peel.

Last edited:
Back