My new PDP maple set awesome

DASY

This is my first post here and I wanted to speak about my first set of drums I recently purchased. The PDP concept maple shell pack 7 piece is what I decided on. First and foremost the quality is outstanding, a great platform for something great. The first thing I did was set it up stock, and tuned the heads it came with. Then I started changing heads, not all just the snare, the 10 and the 12 inch toms. I realized that knowing how to tune a drum is critical no matter what drum you have or the heads you have on it. I also realized that it is YOUR personal preference of what YOU want the drum to sound like. I have finally got my head combo dialed in, it took a lot of trial and error ordering different batters and resos but I got it. I just hope anyone considering this PDP Maple shell pack will read this and realize that it is a great buy and sounds AWESOME.

DASY

Hey thanks for the post Porter, I myself think they DO perform better than you might expect. One thing I'm glad I did was just getting the drums and nothing else. That way I have a sound base to build on with hardware ETC. Anyway man IMHO, these drums are off the hook cool.

DASY

Ive been playing Concept maple 7 piece (currently sing it as a 4 pieces (two up one down bass drum.) I love the quality and sound. I smacked on G2 over G1 and these drums sinngggggg. Currently have an eq4 batter head on the bass but will change it to an emad. I agree these drums are fantastic value! Buy them used! I got mine off of guitar center used for around $500.

I would have to agree. These drums are simply spectacular values.

Pic is older. My cymbal setup has changes but the kit setup has not

Attachments

• CM4.jpg
    CM4.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 223
AudioWonderland, that is a spectacular set up. I can only imagine how good it must sound. I'm still building my kit, when I get it done I will post some pics. I am certainly getting a lot of great ideas, thank you all.

Back