Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introduce Yourself

real name - jozef whipple
age- 17
playing -7
origin of username- jumping dont know where that came from? joe from jozef. (nickname)
top 5 drummers- dave grohl, chad smith, taylor hawkins, tommy lee, john theadore
Drumkit- premier
Cymbals- Sabian , Zildjan
Practice - home
In a band? 2 bands
Covers or originals- originals
style - everything. percussion and drum corp also. Specialize in heavy rock, rock, funk
take out food- Pizza
country- Australia
Odd fact- i dont like forums. but this site has caught me!
How did i start drumming- all ways wanted to. listning to the radio all ways amazed by the sound of drums.first picke up the sticks when i joined the junior school band.

real name - Laureano Rangel

age- 47

playing -27

origin of username-After some time playing drums I started to be moved more torward drumming as a expressive media than showmanship

top 5 drummers- Bill Bruford, Steve Gadd, Neil Peart, Dave Weckl, Steve Smith

Drumkit- Yamaha SCA

Cymbals- Zildjian

Practice - when I rehearse

In a band? 3 bands, two english speaking and one spanish speaking

Covers or originals- 90% covers, 10% originals

style - lately, classic rock, I also have been involved in Heavy Metal, Jazz and Latin Bands

take out food- Spanish food

country- now living in US

Odd fact- Back in the eighties I played on a Rock band in Venezuela that never became too famous to make the cut. We had the chance to produce two records. Our second record was so commercially unsuccessful that next year of their production you could find it almost free at record stores, however I don't know how it became a rarity and last year I saw somebody bidding for 300 $ at ebay for a copy of that record!

How did i start drumming- My older brother is a Classic Piano Player, when I was 5 years old, I played "maracas" (a venezuelan folk instrument, it souds like a shaker) with him in family parties. I fell attracted to percussion instruments. When I was 9 years old I saw a drummer on a band and starting at that moment I asked my dad to buy me a drum set. They were too expensive in my country, but I never give up. Finally, I bought my own drum set with saving the earnings of my first job when I was 19 years old.

Last edited:

Real Name - Danny Lease
Age- 41
Playing - On and Off about 25 years
Origin of Username- Well my first name is Danny and I play a Sonor Force 3000 series set. Put em together and whadya got......
Top 5 drummers- Steve Smith, Neal Peart, Dean Castronovo, Myron Grumbacher, Will Calhoun
Drumkit- Sonor Force 3001 Indigo Purple
Cymbals- Paiste 502 and Alpha Series
Practice - At Home
In a band - Two actually
Covers or originals- Covers
Style - Classic Rock, Blues Rock
Take out food- Pizza
Country- US of frikken A
Odd fact- Never really started playing seriously with a band till after I was 40
How did I start drumming- Can't really remember who it was but I remember watching a Big Band Drummer playing on TV and saw how much fun he was having and decided I wanted to have that much fun

cornelius van beekum
mapex
zildijan
age 14
since 5
style metal, rock
i like to play with a dubble pedal real fast but almost only quick
gimmings
i also like to play fast snare base combinations
my favourite five are: joey jordison, igor cavalera, dave silveria, mitch mitchel
and dave grohl
practise every free hour i have =-))

real name? Nick Campo
age? 16
how long been playing? 4
origin of user name? Remember the drummer off of that show "That Thing You Do"
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Terry Bozio, Mitch Mitchel, "Pretty Purtie"
make of drumkit? Precussion Plus
make of cymbal? Sabian and paiste
where do you practice? My house or in garage bands
are you in a band/s? yes
covers or originals? both
what style of music? Classic Rock, Rock, and some punk
favourite take out food? Any i love food
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? I can play tons of other instruments
how did you start drumming? I was beating on everything and needed sound for the beat

Last edited:
Hi all

Etienne Bruwer
Age 16
Playing - 2 years
Drums - Icon ( Hopefully get double bass soon. )
Cymbals - 1 crash !!!! came with set
Music - METAL black metal, goth, death, s*** like that. Some power tunes are cool- Maiden and so
In a band - Just jam with guitarists
Fav drummers - Nick Barker, Adrian Erlandsson, Jaska Raaitekenin ( think spelling out )
Country - SOUTH AFRICA

real name? Caleb Comstock
age? 23
how long been playing?
four years
origin of user name?
my parents gave it to me
top 5 drummers?
five biggest influences on me have been my dad, billy cobham, buddy rich, dave witte, and art blakey
make of drumkit?
pearl
make of cymbal?
some zildjian, some meinl
where do you practice?
anywhere that i can
are you in a band/s?
taking a break right now, and realizing that not having bands to play with SUCKS (had multiple things going with friends for a while until i took a job in a different state; now i'm very homesick).
covers or originals?
originals (well, aside from the grindcore cover of "carry on my wayward son"...)
what style of music?
one of em was a southern rock band with some real funky stuff goin on, and one was a metal band called amish acid dealer which was headed in a direction i would describe as "grindcore bebop" before we kinda went our separate ways and myself and one of the guitarists (who's also a great pianist) started playing a lot of free jazz with some other dudes...needless to say, i need to get back home because i miss all of it.
favourite take out food?
tacos, tortas, burritos, gorditas, koketadas...anything you can buy from a cart
country?
united states, usually texas but oklahoma right now
one really odd fact about yourself?
hmm...kinda hard to narrow it down to just one...but it is really odd that i didn't start playing until after i moved out of my parents' house even though my dad was a drummer (semi-pro, gigged in bar bands for like 30 years) and there were drums in the house during most of my growing up years...
how did you start drumming?
funny story...

i was 19 at the time, and i was playing "tony hawk's pro skater" (the first one, on original playstation). i had the warehouse level maxed out on points, like, over 600,000 (which was a lot on the first tony hawk game). to do it, i'd have to repeat a certain unbroken line of tricks several times within the alotted two minutes, and since the number of points for each trick decreases with repeated use, i had to improvise the order of the tricks i was stringing together within the larger line. it's necessary to keep variety in mind when doing this in order to keep the scores high and not depreciate the overall value of each successful line, but at the same time you have to tastefully apply the tricks because there are some that will just make you fall down and lose all of your points if you try them at the wrong moment. when i was doing this i had recently dropped out of college, and i would spend hours after work each day "practicing." when i realized that i had been spending so much time learning to coordinate a long, complex, time-sensitive, repetitious combination filled with minor but important improvised phrases of button-pushing over the course of a couple minutes, i thought, "hey, that's kind of like playing a song, maybe i should start learning to play my roommate's drums instead of this video game..." eventually i got my own drums, and eventually i quit my job and dropped back into school. i'm a fast learner, apparently, but i have a lot of lost time to make up for. so any time that i get discouraged about having such a late start, i just remember that jim chapin didn't start until he was 18...

real name?
Tom Hayward

age?

how long been playing?
6yrs

origin of user name?
thats my name

top 5 drummers?
john bonham, niko mcbrain,

make of drumkit?
mapex

make of cymbal?
sabian

where do you practice?
my bedroom, local practice room for my band

are you in a band/s?
yes, current band delta storm

covers or originals?
pure origional

what style of music?
clasic rock

country?
kingston

real name? Sebastian Andersson
age? 14
how long been playing? 2
origin of user name? It's my nickname IRL
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum, Dave Grohl adn Brain
make of drumkit? Soon Mapex Orion Classic
make of cymbal? A mix, mostly Paiste tho
where do you practice? My house and in some bands
are you in a band/s? soon
what style of music? Classic Rock, Rock, and some punk
favourite take out food? Can't tell
country? Sweden
one really odd fact about yourself? me, my grandpa, my two uncles, my dad and on of my cousins all play drums
how did you start drumming? Well i don't know, we always had a kit down in teh cellar

real name? Marius Pettersen
age? 21
how long been playing? 13 years
origin of user name? just a funny spanish way I used to turn my last name into
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Dave Weckl, Thomas Lang, Tomas Haake and Martin Lopez
make of drumkit? Tama Starclassic Performer & Tama Rockstar
make of cymbal? Paiste Signatures on main kit, Meinl Amun/Byzance/Raker on 2.kit.
where do you practice? My house and at my band's rehearsal place
are you in a band/s? yes, 2 bands atm: "Brutal Ensemble" and "Offset Nature"
what style of music? Metal; Thrash, Progressive and Heavy influences
favourite take out food? Pizza, Chinese and Kebab's maybe
country? Norway
one really odd fact about yourself? I started with piano lessons at the age of 4, advanced to guitar a couple years after, and then at 7-8 years old I started drumming. Been drumming since then, and also learned bass guitar recently.
how did you start drumming? My father was a drummer, but I didn't start drumming before I joined the local marching band at the age of 7-8.

real name? Evan Lineham
age? 16
how long been playing? 4 years
origin of user name? I play latin and jazz
top 5 drummers? Steve Gadd, Benard Purdie, Benny Greb, Buddy Rich, Michael Jordan
make of drumkit? Sonor 503 Re-finished
make of cymbal? Paiste, Zildjian, Wuhan
where do you practice? Garage
are you in a band/s? 3
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Listen to all but metal etc
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? Australia
one really odd fact about yourself? Im a guy. I dunno!
how did you start drumming?
Saw a kit at high school and thought cool!

Last edited:

real name? Daniel Falter
age? 19
how long been playing? 9 years
origin of user name? my nickname at work is "Moses"
top 5 drummers? Colaiuta, Erskine, Art Blakey, Max Roach, Billy Stewart... after that, it's just a big muddle
make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina Birch (finally! I spent 8 years with an Export)
make of cymbal? Saluda Mist... check out the first link in my sig ;)
where do you practice? The drumset practice room at Furman University
are you in a band/s? Furman Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Combo, Symphonic stuff, Random local gigs
what style of music? Jazz, Funk
favourite take out food? Mexican
country? United States
one really odd fact about yourself? I've eaten fish eyes
how did you start drumming? I played along with songs on the radio with chopsticks until my parents bought me a practice pad and real sticks.

Last edited:

real name? Undisclosed
age? 16
how long been playing? 9 years, 1 month, and 28 days
origin of user name? Too long to explain, ill explain the 61 at the end of it though, no its not just a random number, if you take all the letters of my real first name, change them to numbers (ie: A=1, B=2 etc.) and add them all up, it equals 61
top 5 drummers? Dennis Chambers, Neil Peart, Virgil Donati, Travis Barker, and myself jk
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? House/Basement
are you in a band/s? Yes I am, we are called "The Deceased"
what style of music? Punk, Rock, Heavy Metal, Jazz and the list goes on...
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself? Despite the fact I play drums, I was afraid of loud noises as a small child.
how did you start drumming? I saw some kid playing at our school talent show in grade 1.

new guy here

hey im new here, ive been playing for 1.5 or 2 years now. you may see me on drums.com as lozer also.
ill get some pics as soon as i can...
i have a pearl export 5 peice
zildjian zbt 20" ride
zildjian zbt 16" crash
zildjian k custom 18" dark crash

real name? Brian
age? 19
how long been playing? About 7 years
origin of user name? One time in pep-band, I had an open solo break to fill time, the other drummer who was playing with me said to go wild, so I did. Afterwords, he told me "Man, that was some mad-drummin' man."
top 5 drummers? Carter Beauford, Buddy Rich, Ed Thigpen, Mike Portnoy, Dave Weckyl
make of drumkit? Pacific CX series
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? House/Upstairs
are you in a band/s? Bradley Jazz Ensemble, Bradley Jazz Combo, The Squamation Experiment
what style of music? Progressive/Jazz Influenced Alternative Rock.
favourite take out food? Mexican
country? United States
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm sure they're there, I just can't think of one at the moment.
how did you start drumming? Had to pick up an instrument for middle school music programs, and I couldn't play the trumpet. Guess I made the right choice...

real name? Anthony
age? 15
how long been playing? About 2 Years ( Only when I can: Rarely ) I Really play for 2 months
origin of user name? Before It was Metalikman ( Because I love(d) Metal Music ) or Metalik,but I've only Keep M.T.L.K.
top 5 drummers? John Bonham,Mitch Mitchell,John Densmore (only Top 3 :D lol)
make of drumkit? Sonor Special Edition Stage 505
make of cymbal? Sonor
where do you practice? House/School
are you in a band/s? Yes
what style of music? ALL except Latin,Cuban,Rap and R'N'B
favourite take out food? Italian
country? France
one really odd fact about yourself? I Dont Know....
how did you start drumming? Since 2003 I Play Bass,and Music is now my real Passion
And Because I Love Drums ( After Bass ) I've Started to play drums!

real name? -Matt
age? -18
how long been playing? -7 years
origin of user name? -thought it sounded cool
top 5 drummers? -Dave Lombardo, Tomas Haake, Joey Jordison, Gene Hoglan, Danny Carey
make of drumkit? -DW
make of cymbal? -Zildjian
where do you practice? -basement
are you in a band/s? -yes, A Burning Embrace
covers or originals? -both
what style of music? -metal..(well metalcore I guess but I like to say metal because we have a different sound than most metalcore bands)
favourite take out food? -subway
country? -USA
one really odd fact about yourself? -I'm a diehard metalhead but I don't appear that way. I feel I shouldn't have to drown myself in an image just because I like a certain style of music.
how did you start drumming? -My uncle has been drumming all his life, and the first time I saw him play I was blown away and wanted to learn how to drum.

How long playing: 1 year (off and on)
Origin of user name: It's my name!
Top 5 drummers: Neil Pert so far
make of drum kit: Sonor Force 3005 Natural Maple
make of cymbals: Zildjian Custom A
where do you (will you) practice: In my home office
are you in a band: as of right now, no. I have a group of friends we jam
covers or originals: both
what style of music: Contemporary Christian, Rock, Jazz
favorite take out: pizza
one really odd fact about myself: hmmm, so many to choose from. Starting old, have tried guitar, keyboard/piano, bass and was a struggle. Found drums to be somewhat natural, so I'm going for it. I have seen this posted before, but it still applies to me..."probably more money than brains"

Last edited:

real name? Raymond
age? 15
how long been playing? 2 years
origin of user name? I'm not too sure, anything that had "drum" in it would've been good.
top 5 drummers? Virgil Donati, Neil Peart, Billy Ward, Travis Barker, Dave Weckl
make of drumkit? Pacific MX
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? Down in the basement
are you in a band/s? yea, Here Goes Nothing, and some others...........
covers or originals? mix of both
what style of music? Punk, pop, metal, funk, jazz, rock, all depends who I'm playing with.
favourite take out food? Burgers and fries
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself? I guess there would be too many to name.
how did you start drumming? Started playing drums on my lap. The rest is history.

How long playing: 27 years
Origin of user name: Nickname given to me by some friends in North Carolina, who thought my real name sounded like a Superman villan
Top 5 drummers: Buddy, Keith Moon, Bonzo, Steward Copeland, and "El Negro" Hernandez
make of drum kit: At the moment, ProKing (a decent Chinese brand)
make of cymbals: Zildjian
where do you (will you) practice: At home (practice pad kit
are you in a band: Not at the moment, but I have one forming
what style of music: Rock, Jazz, etc.
favorite take out: pizza, Mexican (Chipotle!)
one really odd fact about myself: I'm an American expat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back