Show us your tiny kits

My new mini set up. Added drum spurs to my 16" floor tom. My back loves it.

What kind of kit is that? I'm normally not a fan of those big round lugs but that looks really classy.

That is a Custom Classic, which was a house brand sold by Siglers Music in Arkansas. They sold fairly cheap and are decent drums. Nothing you would go on the road with. I picked this one up used. This one has a really nice deep sparkle lacquer finish.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56575

Basically I think this was one of those "We have 40 bazilion miscellaneous shells and parts in a Chinese warehouse and we'll piece them together and you can slap your badge on it" type deals.

Last edited:
Put this one together with a generic 16" floor tom cut down and mounted on a Pearl Jungle Jig, a PDP 13" snare from an old Chameleon kit, and a cheap lightweight hi hat stand with 13" hats.

Played it for the first time at a backyard party last weekend. Used rutes most of the time, and a beater I made from packing foam so as not to be too loud for the ukulele people I was playing with. The entire rig fit in the trunk of my Malibu.
Cafe%20kit.jpg

Hi,
Just want to share my new drum's project pic & short video demo!
(1)Turn this broken/diry Bar-stool into bass-drum.I got this Bar-stool free from the owner of the pub.(2)after 2 days job done finally i give this stool a new clean look!!(3)spent another 1 day to make a bass drum body for the 13" old drum-head.There's a Honda Motorbike front brake cable attached to the diy pedal-board & to the bass-drum body.This Bar-stool Bass drum will be good for Guitar player,Percussionist & drummer at very small stage!

Love this thread, awesome seeing all these tiny kits!

For acoustic gigs around the city I've been using a giant plastic laundry tub to both carry a snare+cymbals+hardware. Then I use the tub as a bass drum (i have a door hinge attached to the bottom that the bass pedal attaches to.

Packing up is a matter of throwing everything in the bucket and putting that on my bicycle trailer:

Attachments

• drum piano.jpg
    drum piano.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,291
  • bike w drums.jpg
    bike w drums.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,192
Converted my 16 inch tom to a bass drum for some playing I'm doing with an acoustic band...

Attachments

• mini kit.jpg
    mini kit.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 2,159
Back