Show us your tiny kits

Looks like Boston, maybe around Berklee? A little practice while riding between classes? This thread always has creative stuff. Love it.

my kit: 20" ride, 14" hats, 13x6.5 snare and 18x14 bass drum

Attachments

• IMG_1746s.jpg
    IMG_1746s.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 5,130
Last edited:
Hello Fellow Musicians & Drummers. I'm new to the thread and drumming,but crazy about small,portable,minimalist (mini) drum kits.Also interested in Minimalist Style Drumming.Last spring,I put together a small sit down cocktail kit from two cheap toms.It's a 3 piece kit that is supposed to play like a 4 piece.The snare is a 14" Pulse Piccolo,rack tom is 12X8,and the floor tom/bass drum is 16X15.I disassembled the toms,removed the wraps,sanded and filled the shells,stained,& applied urethane to them.Then re-assembled them. After playing around with this kit for a few months,I've decided to go ahead and convert the Floor tom into a regular horizontal bass drum.Bought a bass drum tom mount and planning to make a DIY drum lift instead buying a conversion kit.It was a bit awkward playing the floor tom using an inverted kick pedal.I think converting it to a regular 4 piece will allow me with greater ease to learn to play styles that I'm very much interested in.Have a look and thanks:)

Attachments

• m 002.jpg
    m 002.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 4,836
  • m 003.jpg
    m 003.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 4,840
Tiny kits? I've had a couple.

Open Mic Backline Kit.
img1902a.jpg

Camp kit!
img1449fu.jpg

This is what I use when i don't want to drag all of my equipment to a rehearsal!

Attachments

• Tiny setup.jpg
    Tiny setup.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4,819
Hi!
This's my very old Timbales(12") convert it to a Bass drum.6" Mini snare attached on to it.6" mini closed hat,12" splash. Use it for Band jamming & pratice. Short Gig(45min). The playing position can be sitting(normal snare stand) or "standing"(due to small stage: attached the top part of the snare stand to a cymbal stand to made it higher!) Once mic-up,this small little drum it sound's tight & punchy.
IMG_2231.jpg

Hey,

This is my little kit. I'd like to pick up a smaller snare at some point, this one is 13x6".

Bass is 16x14", Hi Hats are 12" splashes and cymbal is 18"

Hope you like.

Attachments

• DSCF0485.JPG
    DSCF0485.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 4,729
Hey,

This is my little kit. I'd like to pick up a smaller snare at some point, this one is 13x6".

Bass is 16x14", Hi Hats are 12" splashes and cymbal is 18"

Hope you like.

That's a 16" kick I might be able to live with. I converted a 16 tom to a bass, but it just didn't seem right without hoops and claws. I like 18's, but the 16 just seemed too small.
I might not have given it a fair chance though - it wasn't around too long.

My new mini kit! 8" hi hats (ZBT and B8 splashes), 15 inch ride (B8 thin crash, extremely pingy, works well for riding), 10" ZHT china splash, 12" Firecracker Snare, 16" PDP floor tom.

Me and my dad made the floor tom to bass drum converter. :)

Attachments

• 100_1927.JPG
    100_1927.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 4,556
  • 100_1928.JPG
    100_1928.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 4,437

Hi,
Another Mini drum-kits that I build last month.6" mini snare,10" bass drum,6" mini-hat,12" splash/Ride.Playing position can be Sitting or standing( stage Space!).

Im very new around these parts, but i saw this thread and had to share my tiny kit
I have a Sonor Safari on order which will become my tiny kit.

But this is my little friend, he got his own kit for Xmas, complete with matching skin
sits next to my electronic kit so we can duel.

1e1082a0-9ed1-46f7-abc4-bc5701023c1b_zpsc8d03ba7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC00437.jpg

I screwed a 3" hinge through the case and into a small backing block on the inside. The suitcase is very stable and with the pedal attached it won't go anywhere. Also notice the beater :) I was using a felt beater, but it was too hard. The bass was all attack and no boom. Now, with the tennis ball on there, I get a nice deep boom out of the case.

DSC00446.jpg

My homemade multi-rods. The whole kit is quiet enough that I can practice anytime.

ERHMAGERD!!

I've made both a tennis-ball beater AND home made multi-rods back in the day... almost identical on both counts, hahaha....

Back