Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman is crazy. Crazy chops, crazy groove and crazy personality. I got his dvd, and it's also crazy. CRAZY!

Re: Chris Coleman Here!

Is this actually Chris? Man, you're a brilliant player. I enjoy every note you play.

ha - it's funny that someone mentioned Chris Coleman because I checked out all his vids here on DW over the weekend and was planning on starting a thread bout him...

yeah - this dude OWNS on the kit.....

Anyone got his video "Playing with power and precision"?
I want to get it.

If I practiced 8 hours a day for the next five years straight....

naw...I still wouldn't be able to touch this guy's playing....

Oh man, Chris has incredible power but also great control over dynamics. I love his innovative playing and his great musicality, definitely more than just a gospel drummer.

IMO one of the brightess new talents on the scene....incredible facility and command of the kit.

Anyone got his video "Playing with power and precision"?
I want to get it.....

Yes!
Excellent dvd...more on the inspirational side than instructional tho.

Thanks Canyonero for the links! Those threads are all merged now.

I discovered Chris quite recently - heard the name before but didn't check out his drumming. I was honoured to participate in a Meinl cymbal comparison last weekend (helping changing the cymbals during an online broadcast) and had the chance to get to know him as a drummer and person - he's awesome.

Chris Coleman is badass.Nice to see a drummer using blast beats in solos outside the metal genre too

Has anyone else noticed how great he is?

I got to meet him and watch a 6hr workshop about 2 years ago and he just came to Sydney the other week and did a clinic. I've been thinking I should probably start watching his performances like I used to watch Virgil's, start picking up some new ideas.

I don't really obsess over who's the best and see it all as a competition but seeing this guy on stage against some of the classic "greats" is like night and day, he's really something else.

This is a short clip I took from my seat the clinic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51lg3IZI2Is

He really is a gifted player (blazing speed especially) in so many ways and I routinely check to see if he has any new YouTube uploads. That said, I virtually never see him in a live venue other than the Sonor clinics. It seems a waste not to play other musicians, given the caliber of his technical facility...

tracer

Have you guys seen this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL3qbz049Zk
(Meinl Drum Festival 2017)

I don't know...this guy... Chris just has to be one of the most mindblowing
drummers at the moment, hasn't he!? I mean, while knowing so many other
incredibly great drummers, and being a fan of them, I guess Chris Coleman
somehow is just the most impressive package: He is relative young,
freaking fast, freaking tight, has lots of groove, is just a charismatic, funny
and relaxed guy (even when going berserk behind the drums), displays so
much creativity and seems to have complete freedom over whatever he
wants to play.

Another drummer who shares a name with a former UK football player and now the manager of Wales.

Back